rafa's only 3 slams, 2 w/OG, behind fed again

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 10:25:42 AM6/11/17
...still, uncatchable.

bob

StephenJ

Jun 11, 2017, 10:31:41 AM6/11/17
Nope, you were wrong about Rafa's form (everyone could see he was at
peak and would roll through this FO), and now just 3 slams behind Fed
with FIVE years of age on his side, he has every chance in the world to
pass him.

Heck, Nadal could win W and USO and be at 17 slams just by the end of
this summer.

> On 6/11/2017 10:25 AM, bob wrote:
> ...still, uncatchable.
>
> bob

Guypers

Jun 11, 2017, 10:35:46 AM6/11/17
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 10:25:42 AM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> ...still, uncatchable.
>
> bob

18 is uncatchable, so is 7 w, 5 us opens in a row, Fed is the greatest! Tier 1 with Budge, Tilden and Laver, Borg
Tier 2 is Rafa, Stimpy, Gorgo, Novak, Rosewall!!!!!!!!!!

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 10:48:03 AM6/11/17
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:31:45 -0400, StephenJ <step...@flex.com>
wrote:

>Nope, you were wrong about Rafa's form (everyone could see he was at
>peak and would roll through this FO), and now just 3 slams behind Fed
>with FIVE years of age on his side, he has every chance in the world to
>pass him.
>
>Heck, Nadal could win W and USO and be at 17 slams just by the end of
>this summer.

fed will leave it all out on the wimbledon grass this yr. fed's the
early favorite IMO.

bob

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 10:50:20 AM6/11/17
Yes, Fed is grooving his grass tactics as we speak.

He'll be tough to beat there. Maybe Kyrgios will go nuclear & hit every
line to beat him?

---
http://www.avg.com

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 11, 2017, 10:50:42 AM6/11/17
Guys, I am truly amazed at Rafa's health and the viability of his body at this age. The over all management of his body has certainly bucked the odds given his history. Just incredible! Well done to his team and his doctors. :))

)

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 10:51:49 AM6/11/17
Agreed.

Where's john?

StephenJ

Jun 11, 2017, 10:57:40 AM6/11/17
I tip Nadal as the favorite. He's a two-time W champ and is in prime
form right now. Fed was in tremendous form, but the past 2 months off
could have made him rust. It will be very interesting to see how he
emerges on to grass, but it's a question mark to me.

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 11:00:10 AM6/11/17
Fed taking a break seems to make him sharper at this age so that won't
be an issue. Plus he'll have the advantage of practicing grass game
while everyone else is in clay mode.

He also won't feel his 18 is safe with Rafa breathing down his neck &
being nearly 5 yrs younger.

Gracchus

Jun 11, 2017, 11:01:47 AM6/11/17
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 7:50:42 AM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> Guys, I am truly amazed at Rafa's health and the viability of his body at this age. The over all management of his body has certainly bucked the odds given his history. Just incredible! Well done to his team and his doctors. :))
>
> )

And his chemists.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:04:29 AM6/11/17
When was the last time he had some decent result at Wimbledon ?

*skriptis

Jun 11, 2017, 11:30:02 AM6/11/17
John Liang <jlia...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
2011. 6 years.
Slightly bigger gap then between Federer's last two slam titles
2012 and 2017.

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 11, 2017, 11:42:11 AM6/11/17
Rafa's key concern will be the inevitable let down that 'any human' would have to feel emotionally (winning la decima) and physically (the sustained routing of the fields to once again claim masters level/FO). Even for Rafa there has to be a cooling off period, followed by a recovery period. He'll have to break recent patterns and sustain through another months to do the ultimate (win the final or get to the final) at Wimbledon. Massive challenge; AND now NickK and Milos and Zverev step back into the core contenders mix, given their big hitting games and competences for fast(er) court tennis. All are seriously potential stumbling blocks for both Rafa and Roger.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:52:46 AM6/11/17
No doubt that it will not be just the three guys you mentioned in the running of Wimbledon, Federer and Murray will also be in the running. For FO there is about two or three players that had genuine chance of winning but at Wimbledon there are more players capable of spoiling the day for higher ranked players.

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 11:57:38 AM6/11/17
Agreed. Rafa has had a pretty full on 6 months & must be in need of a
break. Hoping he'll do great at Wimbledon but seems doubtful.

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 12:03:24 PM6/11/17
I think Kyrgios will make a move this yr.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 12:06:14 PM6/11/17
So you are giving up on Tomic boy ? He should be very fresh now winning about 4 or 5 matches the whole year and should be well tune for Wimbledon.

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 2:53:36 PM6/11/17
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 02:03:19 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
i was kinda thinking he would too. he had fed beat in that 1 HC match
earlier, miami maybe?

bob

Jason White

Jun 11, 2017, 3:12:24 PM6/11/17
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 7:25:42 AM UTC-7, bob wrote:
> ...still, uncatchable.
>
> bob

Doable, why not? But it's probably a good idea to keep the expectations reasonable.

Jason White

Jun 11, 2017, 3:19:32 PM6/11/17
This was the best first half start to a season in his career. He's been fantastic. Historically the second halves are more challenging for him.

Jason White

Jun 11, 2017, 5:10:13 PM6/11/17
Need less flash. More substance and consistency. Prove he can stay focused for a tournament and win it. But the money seems pretty good if he maintains status quo. Hopefully he has netted at least $250K out of his total earnings this year.