Nadal destroys Thiem 3,4, and 0 (!) to reach French Open Final

Carey

Jun 9, 2017, 2:24:28 PM6/9/17
Makes Final without loss of even a set.

shell of

TT

Jun 9, 2017, 2:38:07 PM6/9/17
Carey kirjoitti 9.6.2017 klo 21:24:
> Makes Final without loss of even a set.
>
> shell of

Underwhelming from Thiem and mediocre at best from Rafa.
Rafa may have to play a lot better in the final if he wants to win the
title... if he plays like this then Stan could beat him.

jdeluise

Jun 9, 2017, 2:53:35 PM6/9/17
On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 21:38:18 +0300, TT wrote:

> Underwhelming from Thiem and mediocre at best from Rafa.
> Rafa may have to play a lot better in the final if he wants to win the
> title... if he plays like this then Stan could beat him.

OK Jaros

Federer Fanatic

Jun 9, 2017, 2:53:59 PM6/9/17
Geese, you are a hard critic...I did not see the match.

FF

TT

Jun 9, 2017, 2:56:49 PM6/9/17
Rafa is doomed.

*skriptis

Jun 9, 2017, 3:01:03 PM6/9/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
Agreed. Very nervous and not finishing enough points with winners,
also not aggressive much.

Nadal of today could lose to in-form Wawrinka.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Jason White

Jun 9, 2017, 3:12:55 PM6/9/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:24:28 AM UTC-7, Carey wrote:
> Makes Final without loss of even a set.
>
> shell of

If it weren't for some great play from Federer, Nadal could have swept nearly everything to start the year. Not exactly a guy that's doomed or in decline.

heyg...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2017, 3:15:07 PM6/9/17
This out of sorts Nadal isn't half bad. Games lost in route to the final:

2017: 29
2014: 40
2013: 87
2012: 35
2011: 77
2010: 61
2008: 37
2007: 51
2006: 69
2005: 61

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 9, 2017, 3:20:47 PM6/9/17
Could be the clay clown vintage.

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke

*skriptis

Jun 9, 2017, 3:30:02 PM6/9/17
Jason White <infiniti_...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
What if he loses the final? How would you judge his year in that case?

Losing in three most important tournaments so far. FO, AO, IO.

He's one loss away from complete debacle.

heyg...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2017, 4:30:02 PM6/9/17
If he wins in straights you'll agree he's at peak?

*skriptis

Jun 9, 2017, 5:01:02 PM6/9/17
heyg...@gmail.com Wrote in message:
He looks convincing but also somewhat fragile. Can't explain it.
So no, even a straight set win won't have me think he's at peak.
If it indeed ends up as a straight set victory I'm sure it would
include poor performance from Wawrinka.

If it makes me biased, ok.

Nadal was crushed by Soderling in one match in '09 and by Djokovic
many times since '11, and it's '17 now.
He can't run as he used to.

If someone presses him hard enough, and he becomes too nervous,
he's much more likely to lose than he was in his prime.

He's the favorite to win, but not to the extent people think.
Certainly not 83% like the bookies claim. His chances are cca
70-80%.

The Iceberg

Jun 9, 2017, 7:03:27 PM6/9/17
Thiem was probably too tired today, he puts so much effort into his shots this always happens.

The Iceberg

Jun 9, 2017, 7:04:05 PM6/9/17
he not peak!

bob

Jun 9, 2017, 7:35:07 PM6/9/17
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 11:24:26 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Makes Final without loss of even a set.
>
> shell of

hehehe. :-)

i believe stan has an excellent chance to beat him though.

bob

Court_1

Jun 9, 2017, 10:55:19 PM6/9/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 7:03:27 PM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:

> Thiem was probably too tired today, he puts so much effort into his shots this always happens.

A 23 year old too tired, lol! Brilliant!

It's more like perhaps Thiem is overrated?

kaennorsing

Jun 10, 2017, 1:00:17 AM6/10/17
Op vrijdag 9 juni 2017 21:01:03 UTC+2 schreef *skriptis:
> TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
> > Carey kirjoitti 9.6.2017 klo 21:24:
> >> Makes Final without loss of even a set.
> >>
> >> shell of
> >>

> > Underwhelming from Thiem and mediocre at best from Rafa.
> > Rafa may have to play a lot better in the final if he wants to win the
> > title... if he plays like this then Stan could beat him.
> >

> Agreed. Very nervous and not finishing enough points with winners,
> also not aggressive much.
>
> Nadal of today could lose to in-form Wawrinka.

He didn't need to play better. Rafa did well enough to allow Thiem to completely self-distruct. I expect him to have to step it up in the final.

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 5:12:25 AM6/10/17
I think we will see vintage stuff from Rafa in the final. Feel a bit
sorry for Stan actually : (

---
http://www.avg.com

SliceAndDice

Jun 10, 2017, 5:14:30 AM6/10/17
Nadal has been completely untested this Roland Garros. Not that it has mattered in the past, but if Stan comes swinging away and Nadal being a little vulnerable in finals recently, anything can happen.

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 5:23:26 AM6/10/17
But john assured us Rafa was done?

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 6:02:55 AM6/10/17
> -

Yes, so far he's no better than Sundstrom types from yrs ago.

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 6:18:50 AM6/10/17
Agreed. I think we're going to see something special from Rafa - he'll
be unleashing it all in the final. After AO he won't be leaving
anything out there.

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 6:22:08 AM6/10/17
Probably so.

*skriptis

Jun 10, 2017, 6:30:02 AM6/10/17
SliceAndDice <vish...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Yup. That's why I say, 75% contrary to bettors 83%

kaennorsing

Jun 10, 2017, 8:19:38 AM6/10/17
Op zaterdag 10 juni 2017 11:14:30 UTC+2 schreef SliceAndDice:
This is what I'm hoping for. Stan needs to come out full Stanimal mode, or Rafa will charge ahead and it'll be too late for Stan. Thing is, it usually takes a while before Stan gets into animal mode. I'm afraid Rafa won't give him the time to settle into the match.

SliceAndDice

Jun 10, 2017, 8:41:54 AM6/10/17
No doubt it is a Herculean task. I am just hoping Stan would not peter out like Ferrer or Soderling. Speaking of Soderling, Stan does have a coach under whose tutelage Nadal tasted 50% of his defeats at RG. :)

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 9:02:02 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 8:19:38 AM UTC-4, kaennorsing wrote:

> Thing is, it usually takes a while before Stan gets into animal mode. I'm afraid Rafa won't give him the time to settle into the match.

That's what I think will happen. Nadal stated in his press conference that he knows he has to play aggressively and not give Stan the chance to blast winners or he will have trouble. But even if Stan wins the first set, I still think Nadal will prevail.