Sampras is in the third place

PeteWasLucky

Jun 11, 2017, 11:18:57 AM6/11/17
He never thought he will be even in the second place.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:21:11 AM6/11/17
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 1:18:57 AM UTC+10, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> He never thought he will be even in the second place.

No, he is now in the fourth place since whimp shifted the goal post a few years ago. Sampras is now behind Fedrer, Laver and Nadal.

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 11:22:55 AM6/11/17
On 12/06/2017 1:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> He never thought he will be even in the second place.

I'm thinking Fed will be in second place within 3 yrs?

---
http://www.avg.com

StephenJ

Jun 11, 2017, 11:23:20 AM6/11/17
On 6/11/2017 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> He never thought he will be even in the second place.

Yes, hard to believe that just 14.5 years after setting the slam record
by a mile, Pete is now in 3rd place.

As you say, he probably thought when he died an old man of 80 he'd do so
at #1.

StephenJ

Jun 11, 2017, 11:24:54 AM6/11/17
On 6/11/2017 11:22 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 1:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> He never thought he will be even in the second place.
>>

> I'm thinking Fed will be in second place within 3 yrs?

... and within 5 years, maybe 3rd

PeteWasLucky

Jun 11, 2017, 11:25:10 AM6/11/17
> I'm thinking Fed will be in second place within 3 yrs?

Three years is too far to predict.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:25:17 AM6/11/17
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 1:22:55 AM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 1:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > He never thought he will be even in the second place.
> >

> I'm thinking Fed will be in second place within 3 yrs?

You also thought he will be 2nd place in 2016 and he shouldn't be even in the top 20 or at best tier 7 great in 2003. Whatever he will be he is still above Sampras.

Gracchus

Jun 11, 2017, 11:27:22 AM6/11/17
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 8:22:55 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 1:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> > He never thought he will be even in the second place.

> I'm thinking Fed will be in second place within 3 yrs?

LOL. Buried in clay, perhaps. For whatever that's worth.

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 11:31:05 AM6/11/17
Not sure I see Djoker coming back to win that many more slams? Could be
wrong but he seems to have completely lost it.

The Iceberg

Jun 11, 2017, 11:31:07 AM6/11/17
On Sunday, 11 June 2017 16:22:55 UTC+1, Whisper wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 1:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > He never thought he will be even in the second place.
> >

> I'm thinking Fed will be in second place within 3 yrs?

Fed is happy in 8th place in my system.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:31:53 AM6/11/17
So you think Djoker will be able to win 7 more slams in the next few years. Let's say Djoker is able to get back some sort of form in the next year. He won 11 slams in 6 years during his peak years, that is just below 2 slam per year, how likely that he is going to win 2 slam from 2018 when he is close to 31 and for the next 3 years ?

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:32:56 AM6/11/17
And Sampras is top in your system if you count from the bottom.

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 11:34:54 AM6/11/17
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 08:18:56 -0700 (PDT), PeteWasLucky
<waleed...@gmail.com> wrote:

>He never thought he will be even in the second place.

perhaps. but as long as nobody surpasses 7 wimbledons i think he's
pretty happy with it.

bob

The Iceberg

Jun 11, 2017, 11:35:21 AM6/11/17
let me guess, Fed is 1st 2nd and 3rd in your system.

John Liang

Jun 11, 2017, 11:40:10 AM6/11/17
I know he does not need a pizza or burger to get there ...

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 11:51:43 AM6/11/17
Very unlikely. Let's see if he can get himself together & win 1 more
slam 1st.

StephenJ

Jun 11, 2017, 11:52:27 AM6/11/17
Nah, as valuable as W was to Sampras, his ultimate goal was GOAT, and
that's been gone for a while now. This just rubs more salt in.

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 11:59:43 AM6/11/17
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 11:52:31 -0400, StephenJ <step...@flex.com>
wrote:
being that he stated from day 1 on tour he wanted to win wimbledons,
and nobody's won more, i think he's fine with that. way into the
career the goal to slam king changed, and i'm sure he's disappointed
to lose that, but losing to an 8th wimbledon king would be equally
hard IMO.

bob