OT: The Mummy

stephenJ

Jun 15, 2017, 3:16:55 PM6/15/17
Universal Studios is trying to create a "connected universe franchise"
featuring some of the characters from the classic monsters movies, so
they can cash in like Disney is with their Marvel universe films. The
first entry is The Mummy. I saw this in IMAX 3D and ... save your $$$,
LOL, this flick is a stinker. Nothing about it works: The story is a
mess, Tom Cruise's talents (and he does have talent) is wasted, the SFX
are pedestrian. It's dull. This is one case where TT, Courtie, et al.
are correct to shun a Hollywood blockbuster. This film busted my block, LOL.

D+

---