Roddick...

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 9:46:54 AM6/10/11
....6-2 3-1 up on Verdasco....in *45* minutes. :)

Anyone who think Roddick will be a spent force at Wimbledon are deluded imo.
He is looking great on the grass....and intense.

TennisGuy

Jun 10, 2011, 3:16:32 PM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 9:46 am, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:
> ....6-2 3-1 up on Verdasco....in *45* minutes. :)

That's not a surprise.
I've seen Roddick serve many games in under one minute.

Heck, it takes almost that amount of time before Rafa is even set to
serve.

Ted S.

Jun 10, 2011, 3:24:29 PM6/10/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:16:32 -0700 (PDT), TennisGuy wrote:

> That's not a surprise.
> I've seen Roddick serve many games in under one minute.

A few months back, I commented on the length of a couple of the epic
Wimbledon matches, pointing out that games in the Federer/Roddick 2009
final lasted about 3:20 on average (including the time spent on
changeovers).

Isner/Mahut was around 3:40, while Federer/Nadal 2008 was over four
minutes per game.

--
Ted Schuerzinger
tedstennis at myrealbox dot com

uly...@mscomm.com

Jun 10, 2011, 3:56:27 PM6/10/11
It's a huge reason I can't get into the Djoker-Nadal rivalry: both of
them play at the pace of crippled snails. It's mind-numbing taking
35-40 seconds between many points.

The Roddick-Federer matches are joys to watch because both play at a
fast pace, even after longer points. I never liked Roddick, but
appreciate the goon a lot more in the past few years because he plays
as the game should be played: FAST.

There is just no reason why Rafa has to towel off after every single
point. It's just more OCD crap from him, just like the water bottles,
picking his butt and the face-touching before every serve. Rafa towels
off after his opponent aces him,for Christs sake. No need for that
endless stalling and slow play.

Superdave

Jun 10, 2011, 8:45:29 PM6/10/11

it's cheating really. why? because it's against the rules. some choose to ignore
that. i say then change the rule. but they won't. why? because it spoils the
game. so, they allow only the prima donna to CHEAT!

i say Rafa NEVER has beaten Fed playing by the rules and he NEVER will.

ergo nobody has the right to say he deserves to be #1 or greater than Roger
unlesss they add that he had to cheat to do it.

bob

Jun 10, 2011, 8:48:17 PM6/10/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:46:54 +0100, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com>
wrote:

>....6-2 3-1 up on Verdasco....in *45* minutes. :)
>
>Anyone who think Roddick will be a spent force at Wimbledon are deluded imo.
>He is looking great on the grass....and intense.

i thougt it played like green clay? lol

bob