Welcome to Pyongyang

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 4, 2017, 4:19:01 PM6/4/17
It wasn't enough for Donald Trump to thumb his nose at humanity and the
planet we occupy. His fragile ego, which can't be strengthened even by
the power of the presidency, demanded that he turn his decision on the
Paris climate treaty into something like a beauty pageant, with suspense
built into his process and a court of lesser-beauties enlisted to praise
him.

The run-up to Trump's decision to abandon the Paris treaty included
consultations with world leaders, including Pope Francis, and pleadings
from chief executive officers representing many of the world's leading
companies. Exxon's CEO wrote a personal letter. More than a dozen
others, from Hilton, Unilever, Monsanto and the like also weighed in.
While men and women of goodwill sided with future generations, Trump
took to social media to declare, "I will make my final decision on the
Paris Accord next week!"

When the decision day came, Trump required that Vice President Pence
introduce him with the kind of abject but unspecific praise generally
reserved for the honoree at a pancake breakfast. Ignoring his faith and
family, Pence declared that serving Trump is "the greatest privilege of
my life" and then announced, "Thanks to President Donald Trump, America
is back."

After pausing for applause, as directed in his script, Pence called
attention to his "admiration" for the scandal-plagued Trump and the
"gratitude" he feels "for his leadership."
Anyone with a shred of humility would have turned red upon hearing
Pence's words. Trump beamed with approval and immediately stood to
praise himself. He said his recent foreign trip was "very, very
successful, believe me" and, of course, his legislative work is going
"very, very well."

The inexhaustible egos of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton
Michael D'Antonio
By Michael D'Antonio
Updated 1544 GMT (2344 HKT) June 3, 2017
Trump has said often climate change isn't real
Play
Current Time 0:10
Duration Time 1:36
Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%0:10Fullscreen
Configuration
Now Playing Trump has said often...
Source: CNN

Trump has said often climate change isn't real 01:36
Story highlights
Michael D'Antonio: The world -- and his own aides -- played court to
Donald Trump as he pronounced his decision on the Paris climate change
accord
Meanwhile former rival Hillary Clinton made a new set of excuses for her
defeat, writes D'Antonio
Michael D'Antonio is the author of the book "Never Enough: Donald Trump
and the Pursuit of Success" (St. Martin's Press). The opinions expressed
in this commentary are his.

(CNN)It wasn't enough for Donald Trump to thumb his nose at humanity and
[...]

On tour abroad, Trump does what Obama should have
On tour abroad, Trump does what Obama should have
After pausing for applause, as directed in his script, Pence called
attention to his "admiration" for the scandal-plagued Trump and the
"gratitude" he feels "for his leadership."
Anyone with a shred of humility would have turned red upon hearing
Pence's words. Trump beamed with approval and immediately stood to
praise himself. He said his recent foreign trip was "very, very
successful, believe me" and, of course, his legislative work is going
"very, very well."

In the heart of the speech Trump distorted the facts of the Paris
agreement and indulged in the kind of us-against-the-world rhetoric that
suggests the address was written by his Dark Lord adviser -- and chief
cheerleader, Stephen Bannon. When he finished, Trump called on the
Environmental Protection Agency head Scott Pruitt, who also couldn't
praise the boss enough.

In 13 paragraphs Pruitt used the words "you" and "your" more than 20
times. A good example: "Please know that I am thankful for your
fortitude -- courage -- and steadfastness as you serve and lead our
country."

Servile as Pruitt's display may have been, it wasn't as cringeworthy as
the President's speech. In between his claims to success Trump
referenced himself more than 30 times.

Why does the President need to hear so much praise? Perhaps it's because
things aren't going so well. Upon his return from a foreign trip where
he received, at best, mixed reviews, CNN's Gloria Borger reported Trump
was increasingly isolated, angry and depressed. She reported that a
Trump friend said "He now lives within himself, which is a dangerous
place for Donald Trump to be. I see him emotionally withdrawing. He's
gained weight. He doesn't have anybody whom he trusts."

Anyone who doubts that Trump was down should consider that this week the
President's aides, who typically praise their boss like he's a Golden
Retriever, amped-up the happy talk to an extraordinary level. Press
Secretary Sean Spicer said Trump's trip "was a historic turning point
that people will be talking about for years to come," and that he had
"united the civilized world in the fight against terrorism and
extremism." This came after spokeswoman Hope Hicks issued a high school
yearbook-style statement of praise that could be mistaken for parody.
Here's just a sample:

"President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy,
which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability
to communicate with people...he has built great relationships throughout
his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great
sense of humor ... "

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/03/opinions/inexhaustible-egos-of-donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton-opinion-dantonio/index.html

:)

You can read the Hillary portion of it from the link.

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 4, 2017, 6:10:01 PM6/4/17
The world's leading companies profit from the climate change cult. Small businesses suffer, though.

So no wonder those private jet CEOs agree with jet-setter Al Gore. As do all those state-subsidies-munching "scientists". Are you naive or what??

Max

bob

Jun 4, 2017, 6:25:49 PM6/4/17
On Sun, 04 Jun 2017 23:18:57 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
wrote:

>It wasn't enough for Donald Trump to thumb his nose at humanity and the
>planet we occupy. His fragile ego, which can't be strengthened even by
>the power of the presidency, demanded that he turn his decision on the
>Paris climate treaty into something like a beauty pageant, with suspense
>built into his process and a court of lesser-beauties enlisted to praise
>him.

what suspense? you didn't know he was going to pull the USA out of it?
he's been saying it for a year.

bob