(OT) E.P.A. Prepares to Roll Back Rules Requiring Cars to Be Cleaner and More Efficient

Pelle Svanslös

Mar 30, 2018, 6:16:03 PM3/30/18
The Trump administration is expected to launch an effort in coming days
to weaken greenhouse gas emissions and fuel economy standards for
automobiles, handing a victory to car manufacturers and giving them
ammunition to potentially roll back industry standards worldwide.

The move — which undercuts one of President Barack Obama’s signature
efforts to fight climate change — would also propel the Trump
administration toward a courtroom clash with California, which has vowed
to stick with the stricter rules even if Washington rolls back federal
standards. That fight could end up creating one set of rules for cars
sold in California and the 12 states that follow its lead, and weaker
rules for the rest of the states, in effect splitting the nation into
two markets.

“This is certainly a big deal,” said Robert Stavins, director of the
Harvard environmental economics program. “The result will be more
gas-guzzling vehicles on the road, greater total gasoline consumption,
and a significant increase in carbon dioxide emissions.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/climate/epa-cafe-auto-pollution-rollback.html

So, what's the verdict of bob the environmentalist? Should the EPA give
the billions back that they took from VW? And apologise.

--
"We're trying to help you, Sir"
-- Paramedic in "Little Fockers"

PeteWasLucky

Mar 30, 2018, 7:15:05 PM3/30/18
Yes I read this, it's like let's rollback all the research and progress that has been done so far making cars more efficient.

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 1:12:22 AM3/31/18
Oh, this poisonous carbon dioxide, we will all die!

Lol

Max

The Iceberg

Mar 31, 2018, 5:36:37 AM3/31/18
You said Trump doesn't really do anything and only says stuff, so why are you worried about this?

PeteWasLucky

Mar 31, 2018, 11:01:12 AM3/31/18
> Oh, this poisonous carbon dioxide, we will all die!

This is mainly about engines efficiency idiot.

Guypers

Mar 31, 2018, 11:41:12 AM3/31/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 11:01:12 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > Oh, this poisonous carbon dioxide, we will all die!
>
> This is mainly about engines efficiency idiot.

LOL, icey the bozo!

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 12:42:09 PM3/31/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 5:01:12 PM UTC+2, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > Oh, this poisonous carbon dioxide, we will all die!
>
> This is mainly about engines efficiency idiot.

And why it is government‘s business whether my car is energy efficient or not, moron?

Max

reilloc

Mar 31, 2018, 1:15:25 PM3/31/18
You're conflating arbitrary governmental intrusion into whether
inflatable Steffi's lips can, indeed, extract by suction the milliliter
of semen devoid of genetic material from your flaccid mini-schnitzel,
with empirically-established and regularly-promulgated ordinances
governing the completeness of the combustion of toxic gasses produced by
internal combustion.

You should focus on the former and not chirp up and display your
ignorance of the technical and public policy considerations involving
the latter.

Stuuuuuuuuuupid.

LNC

Guypers

Mar 31, 2018, 1:31:15 PM3/31/18
Nazis cheated on emissions!! Cost them billions, dumbofukks

reilloc

Mar 31, 2018, 1:51:27 PM3/31/18
Does it strike you that, given how they've always done it, what the
phrase "German efficiency" means is, "works really well if outsiders are
watching but otherwise lies, steals and kills"(?) Historically, this
would appear to be a society that can't be trusted to deal honestly
unless it's constantly under observation.

While I'm sure they're not all like that they do have a record of
promoting to positions of authority persons who model that mindset.

LNC

reilloc

Mar 31, 2018, 1:55:33 PM3/31/18
Should the EPA do what? After luring the krauts, snaring them, making
them buy their way out and then laughing at them while you change the
rules? Well, I guess you're trying to make the point that they were so
dumb the first time they could easily be caught again.

Sure. Give them back a couple of billion, lull them into complacency and
nick them for a trillion next time. I like it.

LNC

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 2:46:12 PM3/31/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 7:15:25 PM UTC+2, reilloc wrote:

> >> This is mainly about engines efficiency idiot.
> >

> > And why it is government‘s business whether my car is energy efficient or not, moron?
> >

> You're conflating arbitrary governmental intrusion into whether
> inflatable Steffi's lips can, indeed, extract by suction the milliliter
> of semen devoid of genetic material from your flaccid mini-schnitzel,

My huge cock would prefer to violate your sweet ass, Colly!

> with empirically-established and regularly-promulgated ordinances
> governing the completeness of the combustion of toxic gasses produced by
> internal combustion.

So carbon dioxide is so toxic, right? Oh, the oceans will rise and we will all drown in 200 years ..

Lol

> You should focus on the former and not chirp up and display your
> ignorance of the technical and public policy considerations involving
> the latter.

Pruitt‘s public policy considerations seem very sound.
Bad for climate change cocksuckers, that‘s true. But hey, elections have consequences!

Max

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 2:50:02 PM3/31/18
Almost all are like that. Actually they still would love to gas people like you and your Guppy sidekick. That‘s in their genes. And on top of that they sent you this blond girl who beat up all your countrywomen!
Nasty krauts!!

Lol

Max

reilloc

Mar 31, 2018, 3:24:58 PM3/31/18
You've become outright confrontational lately. It bothers you to be
known as a clown, yes? What was once beneath your notice now occupies
your consciousness.

Have another drink and phone your office to tell them you're important.

LNC

PeteWasLucky

Mar 31, 2018, 4:54:11 PM3/31/18
> And why it is government‘s business whether my car is energy efficient or not, moron?

Don't worry you can buy a car from the cheating German manufacturers.

PeteWasLucky

Mar 31, 2018, 4:59:42 PM3/31/18
> You've become outright confrontational lately. It bothers you to be
known as a clown, yes? What was once beneath your notice now occupies
your consciousness.

Have another drink and phone your office to tell them you're important.

Max used to be cool, but for real seemed to have lost his mind since Mr T became the president.

Max, relax a little, what's happening in your world other than counting your millions and blowing Steffi inflatables?

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 5:35:38 PM3/31/18
In RST?
Lol, who would be bothered by that?

> What was once beneath your notice now occupies
> your consciousness.

It is still beneath my notice, Colly. I would be worried if I were a blathering narcissist like you.

> Have another drink and phone your office to tell them you're important.

They know that already, Colly baby ...

Max

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 5:36:42 PM3/31/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:54:11 PM UTC+2, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > And why it is government‘s business whether my car is energy efficient or not, moron?
>
> Don't worry you can buy a car from the cheating German manufacturers.

I would never buy a Volkswagen or Audi.

Max

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 5:39:42 PM3/31/18
My Steffi doll is not inflatable. Is no Serena or Seles. Actually it is not doll, it is sculpture, made of bronze. Was quite expensive but what can you do?

Max

Guypers

Mar 31, 2018, 5:45:53 PM3/31/18
As long as you can store steffis used tampons in the vajay, suck at leisure! Lol

Calimero

Mar 31, 2018, 6:09:42 PM3/31/18
Eww, you do that with Serena‘s?
You American tennis patriots are truly a little bit perverted ...

Max

The Iceberg

Apr 1, 2018, 3:57:31 PM4/1/18
Maybe reilloc has an inflatable Serena doll! Really wouldn’t be surprised he discusses with it about how good he is for supporting a small amount of gun control!

The Iceberg

Apr 1, 2018, 3:58:31 PM4/1/18
PWL are you really cool cos you actually voted for Hillary and just agree with absolutely anything CNN says! Lol