Meryl Streep = biggest loser ever

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 1:57:13 AM3/8/10
One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
Hepburn

Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
Bette Davis with 2 from 10
Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
Sally Field with 2 from 2
Hilary Swank with 2 from 2

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 2:09:06 AM3/8/10

Merryl Streep has 16 nominations and 2 wins and believe me she will pass all
but Hepburn eventually and maybe even her because as she gets older they
will be throwing oscars at her.

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 22:57:13 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>

topaz

Mar 8, 2010, 5:31:17 AM3/8/10

The fact that she has been nominated so many times is an honor and I
do believe she has been cheated more than once. Meryl is a great
actress.

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 6:06:10 AM3/8/10

the greatest.

Me

Mar 8, 2010, 6:12:55 AM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 1:57 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You stupid lying filthy little masturbator.

First, what does this have to do with any of the groups to which you
posted it?

Second, wash your hands in between picking your ass and picking your
nose.

Third, you know as much about movies as you do about music. The fanboi
sites you use for your information don't even come close to cutting
it. Go back to watching that bollywood shit.

Fourth, fuck off Raja.

BassPlyr23

Mar 8, 2010, 6:18:42 AM3/8/10
Now you've gone and done it. Insulted one of the greatest actresses
of this and any other age just because she doesn't win every time
she's nominated. You stupid little shit. You just lost what little
modicum remained of your credibility.

Why do you seem to enjoy coming in here and being flamed all the
time? Are you a masochist?

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 7:33:26 AM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 1:09 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Merryl Streep has 16 nominations and 2 wins and believe me she will pass all
> but Hepburn eventually and maybe even her because as she gets older they
> will be throwing oscars at her.

Supporting != Leading. Supporting actress doesn't count.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 7:36:33 AM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 5:18 am, BassPlyr23 <BassPly...@aol.com> wrote:
> Now you've gone and done it.  Insulted one of the greatest actresses

BWHAHAAAHA.... One of the most overrated actress ever. All she is does
is mediocre Oscar bait roles every year. She is hardly versatile.
Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Ingrid Bergman and even Jodie Foster
were infinitely better. In fact I will take Sigourney Weaver over
Meryl Streep any day.

> of this and any other age just because she doesn't win every time
> she's nominated.  You stupid little shit.  You just lost what little
> modicum remained of your credibility.

Don't care.

> Why do you seem to enjoy coming in here and being flamed all the
> time?  Are you a masochist?

No that would be Mery Streep. It takes courage to show up every
year... AND LOSE.... BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 7:40:53 AM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:33:26 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 8, 1:09�am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 7:41:31 AM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:36:33 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 8, 5:18�am, BassPlyr23 <BassPly...@aol.com> wrote:

wash your mouth out with soap !

Me

Mar 8, 2010, 7:54:26 AM3/8/10

There's only one loser Raja, and you're her.

Fuck off.

Administrator

Mar 8, 2010, 8:04:50 AM3/8/10

The Lendl of film actresses.

SliceAndDice

Mar 8, 2010, 8:09:34 AM3/8/10

LOL good one.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 8:11:22 AM3/8/10

Lendl won 8 oscars

SliceAndDice

Mar 8, 2010, 8:13:24 AM3/8/10

Out of 19. By your logic, he is the biggest loser ever. :)

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 8:18:56 AM3/8/10

8 out of 19 is far better than 1 out of 13... lol. She is a one slam
wonder ;-)

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 8:20:26 AM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 6:40 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:33:26 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> >On Mar 8, 1:09 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Merryl Streep has 16 nominations and 2 wins and believe me she will pass all
> >> but Hepburn eventually and maybe even her because as she gets older they
> >> will be throwing oscars at her.
>
> >Supporting != Leading. Supporting actress doesn't count.
>
> Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.

Yeah righhttttttttttttt. Like you care about those technical awards.
Tell me you weren't busy jerking off to Olivia Wilde, then.

arnab.z@gmail

Mar 8, 2010, 8:37:23 AM3/8/10

I think nobody has been told to "fuck off" so many times by so many
people in the history of the Internet. This has to be a Guinness
record.

Steffi Ivan Graf Lendl

Mar 8, 2010, 8:45:55 AM3/8/10

how about fuck off Paki. I am sure I cannot beat that record.

Ray

Mar 8, 2010, 8:48:20 AM3/8/10

No, he's a moron. He think he's really popular. He probably tells
mommy and daddy about all his "friends" from the internet.

StephenJ

Mar 8, 2010, 8:48:20 AM3/8/10

You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
a supporting role.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 8:56:55 AM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 7:48 am, StephenJ <sjar...@cox.net> wrote:
> Superdave wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:33:26 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com>

> > wrote:

> >> Supporting != Leading. Supporting actress doesn't count.
>
> > Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.
>
> You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
> an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
> a supporting role.

Supporting actress is really a consolation price. If you are that
effective on screen, screen time does not matter. Remember Anthony
Hopkins won BEST ACTOR even though he was on screen for JUST 16
minutes in Silence Of The Lambs. No sir, supporting actor/actress is a
loser category. It has been there, so that not everyone goes home
crying.

The only 5 Oscars that matter are Best Actor, Best Actress, Best
Director, Best Picture and Best Screenplay ... rest are all bollocks.
They are the 4 Grand Slams + YEC (best screenplay is the 5th important
really). If you win all 5 categories then you are a true winner. The
Silence Of The Lambs was a true winner.

http://www.filmsite.org/bestpics.html

The Big Five: Only three films have won the top five awards (Best
Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best
Screenplay):
It Happened One Night (1934)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Me

Mar 8, 2010, 9:02:26 AM3/8/10

Well, he has to have something to talk to them about other than the
fact that he was listening at their bedroom door while they were going
at it the night before.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 9:06:00 AM3/8/10

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I had invented the Oscar grand
slam concept. It is already out there....

A film that wins all five of is said to have won an "Oscar Grand Slam"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_Five_Academy_Award_winners_and_nominees

progea

Mar 8, 2010, 10:30:58 AM3/8/10
Streep off, Raja!

bubba

Mar 8, 2010, 10:44:17 AM3/8/10

make everybody happy and kill yourself

bubba

Mar 8, 2010, 10:44:44 AM3/8/10

Girls hate you and laugh at your tiny penis

JohnB

Mar 8, 2010, 11:08:51 AM3/8/10

Please tell us, Raja, about all the acting or directing experience you
have that makes you feel qualified to make these judgments.
And please tell us why this is posted to a number of music-related
groups plus a tennis group instead of a movie group.

Javier González Nicolini

Mar 8, 2010, 11:27:01 AM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 3:57 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
> Hepburn
>
> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
> Sally Field with 2 from 2
> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2

Oscars are crap. "Shakespeare in Love". Enough said.

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 11:53:50 AM3/8/10

lol

> how about fuck off Paki. I am sure I cannot beat that record.

lol

...Can you feel the love? Priceless.

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 11:55:00 AM3/8/10

It's like the difference between Olympic Gold and silver?

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 11:56:50 AM3/8/10
Superdave wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 02:31:17 -0800 (PST), topaz <topaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mar 8, 1:57 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
>>> Hepburn
>>>
>>> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
>>> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
>>> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
>>> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
>>> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
>>> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
>>> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
>>> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
>>> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
>>> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
>>> Sally Field with 2 from 2
>>> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2
>> The fact that she has been nominated so many times is an honor and I
>> do believe she has been cheated more than once. Meryl is a great
>> actress.
>

> the greatest.

It appears Sandra Bullock is better nowadays...

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 12:00:26 PM3/8/10
Raja, The Great wrote:

> Lendl won 8 oscars

Wow!

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 12:11:04 PM3/8/10

In Oscar world they consider the top 5 (best screenplay is considered
a slam as well), we should do the same with tennis (YEC = slams), so
Lendl has in fact won 13 Oscars! Way to go!

Frank from Deeeetroit

Mar 8, 2010, 12:21:48 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 1:57 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
> Hepburn
>
> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
> Sally Field with 2 from 2
> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2

Never been a fan of Meryl Streep.

Whisper

Mar 8, 2010, 1:46:41 PM3/8/10

Oscar = Wimbledon

Whisper

Mar 8, 2010, 1:47:49 PM3/8/10

Oscar = Wimbledon dumbarse. Lendl never won. He got some small time TV
type awards for reliable support actor in a comedy.

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 1:56:42 PM3/8/10

FO = Drama, War, Action
W = Fantasy, romance, film-noir
USO = comedy, horror, musical
AO = Animation, children, reality-tv

Whisper

Mar 8, 2010, 1:56:40 PM3/8/10

His parents did it to Pink Floyd music, hence his strange obsession with
granddaddy music.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 2:04:27 PM3/8/10
> granddaddy music.- Hide quoted text -

And The Police is new music?

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 2:05:35 PM3/8/10
> AO = Animation, children, reality-tv- Hide quoted text -

Ye #1 = chick flick

drew

Mar 8, 2010, 2:13:49 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 1:46 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Oscar = Wimbledon-

You just insulted Wimbledon.

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 2:15:41 PM3/8/10

Wimbledon is Sandra Bullock of slams.

SliceAndDice

Mar 8, 2010, 2:18:52 PM3/8/10

Both Fed and Rafa are very much into Sandra Bullock then. :)

Manco

Mar 8, 2010, 2:24:16 PM3/8/10
I can FEEL the love in RST all day/night long/

Quincy

Mar 8, 2010, 2:45:34 PM3/8/10

best screenplay?! which one? adapted or original?

Quincy

Mar 8, 2010, 2:46:45 PM3/8/10

I wouldn't say crap but not always the best. Oscar movies always have
some standard at least. You may not like Shakespeare in Love, but it
isn't a very bad film either.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 2:55:21 PM3/8/10
> isn't a very bad film either.- Hide quoted text -

yep there is nothing bad about Shakespeare in Love. Far worse movies
have won the Oscars. The contrived garbage Crash was a fine example.
It won best picture but that movie was absolute junk.

Quincy

Mar 8, 2010, 3:19:09 PM3/8/10
On 8 Mrz., 20:55, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 8, 1:46 pm, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:

> > > Oscars are crap. "Shakespeare in Love". Enough said.
>
> > I wouldn't say crap but not always the best. Oscar movies always have
> > some standard at least. You may not like Shakespeare in Love, but it
> > isn't a very bad film either.- Hide quoted text -
>
> yep there is nothing bad about Shakespeare in Love.

Ther is something bad: Ben Affleck.

Eric Ramon

Mar 8, 2010, 3:24:43 PM3/8/10
On Mar 7, 10:57 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
> Hepburn
>
> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
> Sally Field with 2 from 2
> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2

well you just proved that Sally Field is a better actress than Bette
Davis. Congrats.

ahonkan

Mar 8, 2010, 3:30:22 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 11:57 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
> Hepburn
>
> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
> Sally Field with 2 from 2
> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2

You cannot compare 'winning' an Oscar with
winning a match. One is voted on by a select
bunch of people and in the other, you play
with an opponent.
Lendl won only 8 of 19 slam finals because
11 of the 19 times, he was beaten by someone.
The fact that Meryl Streep has been nominated
practically every year tells the real story - that
this greatest actress ever delivers an
extraordinary performance almost every single time.
I think they should rename the Best Actress Award
as the Meryl Streep Award.
Her streak of 16 practically consecutive nominations
is comparable to Fed's 23 consecutive slam SF
streak or his 11 consecutive slam finals streak.
Neither is likely to be broken.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 3:56:05 PM3/8/10

A performance which is extra-ordinary enough to make it to the final

>     I think they should rename the Best Actress Award
>     as the Meryl Streep Award.

Rather rename it to the bridesmaild award.

>     Her streak of 16 practically consecutive nominations
>     is comparable to Fed's 23 consecutive slam SF
>     streak or his 11 consecutive slam finals streak.
>     Neither is likely to be broken.

Neither is significant either. The winner takes it all... the loser
standing small.

TT

Mar 8, 2010, 4:03:02 PM3/8/10

...beside the victory - that's her destiny.

StephenJ

Mar 8, 2010, 4:07:50 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 10:55 am, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:
> StephenJ wrote:
> > Superdave wrote:

> >> Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.
>
> > You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
> > an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
> > a supporting role.
>
> It's like the difference between Olympic Gold and silver?

oh no, winning best supporting is like a gold medal, but just in a
less prestigious event. like if the best actor oscar is a gold in the
downhill, the best supporting oscar is like a gold in freestyle
skiing.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 4:25:08 PM3/8/10

I didnt. Sally Field is supposed to have lucked out anyway. I say the
same for the one dimensional Hilary Skank. I have no idea about Glenda
Jackson or Luise Rainer, but all others are great actresses especially
Hepburn, Davis, Leigh, de Havilland, Bergman, Fonda, Foster

This is a good website. It discusses who should have won.
http://www.nicksflickpicks.com/osactresbsbs.html

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 4:27:07 PM3/8/10
> skiing.- Hide quoted text -

Wrong on all counts. There is nothing less prestigious or more
prestigious in Olympics. All of them get the same Olympic medal. It is
+ Gold for the country. I have never seen a prestige ranking of Gold
medals. Thats utter bullshit. Get your head out of your ass, troll
boy.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 4:27:41 PM3/8/10
> ...beside the victory - that's her destiny.- Hide quoted text -

Isnt Agnetha's vocals on that song just amazing!

bubba

Mar 8, 2010, 7:10:53 PM3/8/10
> Isnt Agnetha's vocals on that song just amazing!- Hide quoted text -

Shut the fuck up you cock sucking faggot.

RichL

Mar 8, 2010, 7:47:07 PM3/8/10
Not while she's got you to compete against. *LOSER*!

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 8:50:42 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 05:48:20 -0800 (PST), StephenJ <sja...@cox.net> wrote:

>Superdave wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:33:26 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>

>> wrote:

>>> Supporting != Leading. Supporting actress doesn't count.
>>

>> Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.
>
>You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
>an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
>a supporting role.

it just depends on what role you have in the movie. you can't get
a best actress award when your part was a supporting role BUT the
acting was just as great. in other words it's only role dependant and has noting
to do with acting. therefore they are the same in terms of acting prestigidity
imho.

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 8:57:00 PM3/8/10

that's a pretty good way to look at it but i think it is even closer than that
because it's only defined by the role, no more no less, and the actor has no
control over their role but it is the same event !

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 9:01:47 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 05:11:22 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 8, 7:04�am, Administrator <administra...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 08/03/10 06:57, Raja, The Great wrote:
>>
>> > One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
>> > Hepburn
>>
>> > Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
>> > Bette Davis with 2 from 10
>> > Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
>> > Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
>> > Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
>> > Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
>> > Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
>> > Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
>> > Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
>> > Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
>> > Sally Field with 2 from 2
>> > Hilary Swank with 2 from 2
>>

>> The Lendl of film actresses.
>
>Lendl won 8 oscars

But he never won the best actor award !

this is a good analogy !

all lendl's 8 were best supporting actor.

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 9:03:31 PM3/8/10
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 05:46:41 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Raja, The Great wrote:

>>> The Lendl of film actresses.
>>
>> Lendl won 8 oscars
>

>Oscar = Wimbledon

best actor=wimbledon
supporting actor=french or uso
best actor in a comedy role= ao

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 9:05:16 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:46:45 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:

i couldn't even finish watching it. then too i had the same problem with
schindler's list which i even tried a second and third time to watch but
couldn't because it was too fucking slooooooooooooooooooooo.

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 9:06:11 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:21:48 -0800 (PST), Frank from Deeeetroit
<dadur...@voyager.net> wrote:

>On Mar 8, 1:57�am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
>> Hepburn
>>
>> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
>> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
>> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
>> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
>> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
>> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
>> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
>> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
>> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
>> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
>> Sally Field with 2 from 2
>> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2
>

>Never been a fan of Meryl Streep.

whisper has never been a Federer fan either but millions are.

bob

Mar 8, 2010, 9:16:51 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:09:06 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Merryl Streep has 16 nominations and 2 wins and believe me she will pass all
>but Hepburn eventually and maybe even her because as she gets older they
>will be throwing oscars at her.

well who am i to argue with a hazelnut prediction after fed?

bob

>On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 22:57:13 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>

bob

Mar 8, 2010, 9:18:00 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:55:00 +0200, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:

>StephenJ wrote:
>> Superdave wrote:

>>> Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.
>>
>> You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
>> an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
>> a supporting role.
>
>It's like the difference between Olympic Gold and silver?

no - oly singles and oly doubles.

bob

bob

Mar 8, 2010, 9:19:41 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:06:10 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 02:31:17 -0800 (PST), topaz <topaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>On Mar 8, 1:57�am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
>>> Hepburn
>>>
>>> Katherine Hepburn with 4 from 12
>>> Bette Davis with 2 from 10
>>> Ingrid Bergman with 2 from 6
>>> Jane Fonda with 2 from 6
>>> Elizabeth Taylor with 2 from 5
>>> Oliva de Havilland with 2 from 4
>>> Glenda Jackson with 2 from 4
>>> Jodie Foster with 2 from 3
>>> Luise Rainer with 2 from 2
>>> Vivien Leigh with 2 from 2
>>> Sally Field with 2 from 2
>>> Hilary Swank with 2 from 2
>>

>>The fact that she has been nominated so many times is an honor and I
>>do believe she has been cheated more than once. Meryl is a great
>>actress.
>

>the greatest.

not if you saw "mamma mia." yuck. and i loved the broadway production.

bob

bob

Mar 8, 2010, 9:20:55 PM3/8/10
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 05:47:49 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>Raja, The Great wrote:

>>> Out of 19. By your logic, he is the biggest loser ever. :)
>>
>> 8 out of 19 is far better than 1 out of 13... lol. She is a one slam
>> wonder ;-)
>

>Oscar = Wimbledon dumbarse. Lendl never won. He got some small time TV
>type awards for reliable support actor in a comedy.

good analogy. lendl won multiple emmy's and a couple golden globes -
never an oscar.

bob

bob

Mar 8, 2010, 9:22:17 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:15:41 +0200, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:

>drew wrote:
>> On Mar 8, 1:46 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Oscar = Wimbledon-
>>
>> You just insulted Wimbledon.
>
>Wimbledon is Sandra Bullock of slams.

now that just insulted Wimbledon! bullocks on bullock.

bob

bob

Mar 8, 2010, 9:22:39 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:15:41 +0200, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:

>drew wrote:
>> On Mar 8, 1:46 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Oscar = Wimbledon-
>>
>> You just insulted Wimbledon.
>
>Wimbledon is Sandra Bullock of slams.

btw, i warned you that avatar wasn't Oscar material. :-)

bob

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 9:32:37 PM3/8/10

mamma mia was a lark for her. not a serious gig. i liked it because i am an abba
fan. i wouldn't have liked it if i was not.

StephenJ

Mar 8, 2010, 11:16:27 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 7:50 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 05:48:20 -0800 (PST), StephenJ <sjar...@cox.net> wrote:
> >Superdave wrote:

> >> Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.
>
> >You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
> >an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
> >a supporting role.
>
> it just depends on what role you have in the movie. you can't get
> a best actress award when your part was a supporting role BUT the
> acting was just as great. in other words it's only role dependant and has noting
> to do with acting. therefore they are the same in terms of acting prestigidity
> imho.

i think the technical justification would be that the lead actor, by
definition, has a greater responsibility for carrying the story (since
he's the protagonist) and also has to do more acting, since he gets
more face time than supporting players.

but either way, it's kind of like arguing that the AO isn't, in a
strictly technical-tennis sense, inferior to Wimbledon. Even if that's
true, it's still less prestigious, just as the supporting oscars are
less prestigious.

But the bottom line is that we shouldn't make too much of this
difference: A supporting actor oscar counts fully as "having an
oscar", and any actor would much rather have 1 SA oscar than 10 second-
places finishes as a best actor nominee.

Raja, The Great

Mar 8, 2010, 11:22:47 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 8:32 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:19:41 -0500, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:06:10 +0800, Superdave
> ><the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>the greatest.
>
> >not if you saw "mamma mia." yuck. and i loved the broadway production.
>
> >bob
>
> mamma mia was a lark for her. not a serious gig. i liked it because i am an abba
> fan. i wouldn't have liked it if i was not.

I like ABBA songs and they ruined the songs. I just saw 5 minutes of
it, and felt like poking my eyes out.

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 11:22:54 PM3/8/10

but this is not always true. sometimes the supporting actor not only gets more
"face" time but also has as important or even a more important role.

Superdave

Mar 8, 2010, 11:27:10 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:22:47 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

too bad you failed. go back and watch it again ok ?

ahonkan

Mar 9, 2010, 3:19:12 AM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 1:56 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Neither is significant either. The winner takes it all... the loser
> standing small.

Is this your latest 'enlightenment'? So now Lendl is the
GOAT of Losers? 8 of 19 is pathetic!

StephenJ

Mar 9, 2010, 9:29:23 AM3/9/10
On Mar 8, 10:22 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

very few things are 'always' true. it's true generally speaking, in
most cases, enough for us to make the categorical distinction.

Raja, The Great

Mar 9, 2010, 9:55:30 AM3/9/10

He won 5 YECs. So it is 13 out of 28. Who cares he lost 15 important,
he won 13 important finals. Steep on the other hand won 1 and lost 12.
Compare her to Kim Clijsters. Thats would be more appropriate.

TT

Mar 9, 2010, 10:36:16 AM3/9/10

Is it really?!

You consider Federer the GOAT...and he has a shitty track record against
Nadal at slam finals.

What if Federer had faced multiple Nadal level players?

Maybe Lendl did.

TT

Mar 9, 2010, 10:40:39 AM3/9/10
Raja, The Great wrote:

> I like ABBA songs and they ruined the songs. I just saw 5 minutes of
> it, and felt like poking my eyes out.

I feel the same way every time I see Streep or Brosnan acting. And
that's when they're not even singing...

Me

Mar 9, 2010, 10:42:04 AM3/9/10

Your post has been marked with its standard one star Raja. Now fuck
off.

Raja, The Great

Mar 9, 2010, 2:36:39 PM3/9/10

At least Brosnan has got a style... Streep sends out a lesbo/feminist
vibe.

Raja, The Great

Mar 9, 2010, 8:44:23 PM3/9/10

yes the Lendl haters attack Lendl for his slam final losses, but won't
ever fess up to Federer consistent manlandling by Rafa in slam
matches. In fact Federer never beat Rafa at AO/FO/USO Thats quite
pathetic.

Superdave

Mar 9, 2010, 9:18:25 PM3/9/10
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:44:23 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

er he never played Rafa at the uso and only once at the ao. that's not
manhandling it's cowardice or incompetence on rafa's part. i mean Fed was there
waiting for him in ALL the finals. Rafa refused to show.

bob

Mar 9, 2010, 9:25:46 PM3/9/10
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 06:29:23 -0800 (PST), StephenJ <sja...@cox.net>
wrote:

>On Mar 8, 10:22�pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

why not talk about the real oscar: that for director. :-)

bob

Whisper

Mar 10, 2010, 2:17:01 AM3/10/10

Lucky break for Fed no?

StephenJ

Mar 10, 2010, 11:27:36 AM3/10/10
On Mar 9, 8:25 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 06:29:23 -0800 (PST), StephenJ <sjar...@cox.net>

ahh, directors are over-rated, in the sense of getting credit for the
picture itself. truth is, directors are the quarterback of the team -
the most important player, but just a player. it's silly when they say
"a steven spielberg film" or somesuch, like it was all the director's
doing.

Mike Smith

Mar 10, 2010, 8:20:03 PM3/10/10
On 3/8/2010 1:57 AM, Raja, The Great wrote:
> One win in 13 nominations... wow... compare that to both Katharine
> Hepburn

Uh, huh. And how many Oscars do *you* have, jackass?

--
Mike Smith

Mike Smith

Mar 10, 2010, 8:22:51 PM3/10/10
On 3/8/2010 11:55 AM, TT wrote:

> StephenJ wrote:
>> Superdave wrote:
>>> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:33:26 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great"
>>> <zepf...@yahoo.com>

>>> Fuck you. An Oscar is an Oscar.
>>
>> You're far closer to the truth than raja, although not 100% correct -
>> an oscar for best actor/actress is a little more prestigious than for
>> a supporting role.
>
> It's like the difference between Olympic Gold and silver?

Well, they have one thing in common - ListBoi will never come within a
mile of either of them. Or an Oscar. But he sure does feel confident
in pontificating about them, when he knows nothing about them whatsoever.

--
Mike Smith

Tanking a set

Mar 11, 2010, 12:35:18 PM3/11/10
They have to give another academy award to Streep asap. Before she
gets too old and can't act anymore. 1983 was ages ago. They always
find an excuse to not award her...

Superdave

Mar 11, 2010, 6:27:54 PM3/11/10

they did the same thing to Eastwood.