Isner is 25 1/2

topspin

Oct 13, 2010, 6:38:53 PM10/13/10
I was amazed to see his age (I didn't know it). He gets talked about
as the succeeding generation to Roddick, but he is actually pretty
near to Roddick.

Giovanna

Oct 13, 2010, 7:15:01 PM10/13/10
he doesn't look like 25/26~~

Tennis4Life

Oct 13, 2010, 10:10:51 PM10/13/10

he turned pro after finishing college. one of the few NCAA athletes to
make it as a pro in the recent years.
the last one to go that high in the rankings was James Blake. Isner
has spent only about 2-3 years on the circuit.

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Oct 14, 2010, 6:51:23 PM10/14/10
In article
<8b3f693a-a0e8-4309...@n26g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
goolag...@hotmail.com (topspin) wrote:

But it's only his third year on the tour because...HE WENT TO COLLEGE! And
actually graduated. So in terms of his playing career he *is* the next
generation after Roddick.

wg

John Doe

Oct 14, 2010, 6:57:13 PM10/14/10
wendyg cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

> goolag...@hotmail.com (topspin) wrote:

>> I was amazed to see his age (I didn't know it). He gets talked
>> about as the succeeding generation to Roddick, but he is
>> actually pretty near to Roddick.
>
> But it's only his third year on the tour because...HE WENT TO
> COLLEGE! And actually graduated. So in terms of his playing
> career he *is* the next generation after Roddick.

That would be a short generation, and Isner is anything but
short.