Venus vs Muguruza final?

SliceAndDice

Jul 11, 2017, 10:16:30 AM7/11/17
Not counting Ostapenko out, but seems to be heading in that direction. Would be nice to see Coco Vandeweghe get to the final, personally. She has a true blue grasscourt game, which I like.

Court_1

Jul 11, 2017, 10:31:04 AM7/11/17
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 10:16:30 AM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Not counting Ostapenko out, but seems to be heading in that direction. Would be nice to see Coco Vandeweghe get to the final, personally. She has a true blue grasscourt game, which I like.

You can't count out Konta/Halep yet either. With the women, you simply don't know.

Garvin Yee

Jul 11, 2017, 11:46:53 AM7/11/17

soccerfan777

Jul 11, 2017, 11:54:18 AM7/11/17
None of the women have a grass court game. Truck driver doesn't for sure

The Iceberg

Jul 11, 2017, 11:55:51 AM7/11/17
it not like the men where Fed has been given a cake walk draw + he's "at peak" and Nadal/Djoker/Murray are out of sorts.

it would be wonderful if Coco Vanderbelt got to the final as that guy who always posted "COCO UPDATE" could post again!

SliceAndDice

Jul 11, 2017, 12:44:20 PM7/11/17
mimus..LOL

SliceAndDice

Jul 11, 2017, 12:46:55 PM7/11/17
I am not, but on current form, don't see either of them getting past Venus. Am cringing seeing the tons of breakpoints Konta has squandered by simply not getting the return back.

Would like to see Venus win it all. She deserves it for having stuck around for so long.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 11, 2017, 12:57:22 PM7/11/17
Don't count out this Hungarian chick Joe Kounteh!

Max

ahonkan

Jul 11, 2017, 2:21:19 PM7/11/17
Konta is getting by just on opponents' mistakes and crowd support.
A bit like Murray. I don't think she has a chance against Venus, who is
serving beautifully. Halep remains the perennial bridesmaid. She
should have won in straights. Lost 2 pts serving 5-4 in TB, allowed
Konta to win the TB. Played one loose service game and got broken in S3.

SliceAndDice

Jul 11, 2017, 2:59:51 PM7/11/17
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 11:55:51 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
Well, Coco stunk up the joint today, only two days ago she was looking in great form. Guess there is a reason she has not performed better at the slams. Rybarikova is a tricky opponent though, could give Muguruza some trouble.

Is it just me or does Coco look like Trump's secret lovechild? LOL.

The Iceberg

Jul 12, 2017, 5:36:16 AM7/12/17
oh yeah Halep made so many mistakes yday, she played sooo badly! LOLOL
she lost the tiebreak cos Konta stuck with it and won it.

Court_1

Jul 12, 2017, 7:20:42 AM7/12/17
Halep loses the plot in the biggest moments. She plays like a house on fire for a set and a half and then lets the big occasion get to her. It's some kind of mental flaw. She did it at the FO vs Sharapova a few years ago, the recent FO vs Ostapenko and now the Wimbledon match vs Konta. Yes, she's a retriever and is over-powered by these women but it's more than that and there's a big mental component at play with her. There's no doubt about it.