Born 1990 - 1997

Patrick Kehoe

May 21, 2017, 1:50:42 PM5/21/17
1. Zverev - 1997 (20): Seems the complete package and has great team around him and an amazing attitude... Works hard and seems to appreciate his 'situation'... Moves AMAZINGLY well for a guy 6'6", trending to be best tall guy mover ever... an older head on young shoulders... IF he keeps really thin will help him avoid tall guy injury-itus... Looks poised to be the best of the group... Can't miss pick to win majors...

2. Kyrgios - 1995 (22): A lot of potential with a LOT of discordance to do with his personality and lifestyle, so far... will he mature and embrace his potential and professional work ethic? Seems like majors are in his future...

3. Thiem - 1993 (23): Clay court beast in the making... with that big serve and some experience looks to transition to all the surfaces... looks certain to be a top 5 guy for the balance of his prime/next 5 or 6 years... Roland Garros would appear to be his best bet to grab a major(s)... Will be interesting to see if he has a grass court game...

4. Dimitrov - 1991 (25): Could be Raonic at #4 just as easily... underachiever meets all time most over hyped (along with Gasquet/Monfils)... has a very high skill set but hasn't translated talent and multi-assetted game into championship presence, let alone championship status... Still, he has 5 top seasons left and with Roger/Rafa/Nole and Murray moving along, he'll get a few looks in over the coming 6 or 7 years...

5. Raonic - 1990 (26): Seems like he's destined to try and produce a Cilic type of one or 2 off majors conquest either at Wimbledon or the USO behind his massive serving game and improving front court play... I can see a lot of semi losses at majors in his future... an almost great career in the offing...

6. Goffin - 1990 (26): He's set to be the de facto replacement for David Ferrer, either he or Coric... Clay courts are his best friends and that's where he going to have to chart out his fortune, if not his fame...

7/8/9/etc... Pouille 1994 (23); Carreno Busta 1991 (25); Frances Tiafoe 1998 (19) - Hard to say how good Tiafoe can be... has some serious upside potential... Jack Sock 1992 (24)... Top 20 guy... who might produce the odd massive win here and there...

TennisGuy

May 21, 2017, 2:31:19 PM5/21/17
Good list and summary Patrick.

But at the end of the day, although you are probably right about the
future outcomes for these players, I won't be watching them enjoy their
winnings after Roger retires.

I like watching magical players. As good as some of them are,
they just don't float my boat.

SliceAndDice

May 21, 2017, 11:07:41 PM5/21/17
Good list indeed. Russian hopefuls Khachanov and Rublev are missing from it though.

kaennorsing

May 22, 2017, 5:37:03 AM5/22/17
Op zondag 21 mei 2017 19:50:42 UTC+2 schreef Patrick Kehoe:
Weirdly, they all look a bit stiff and unbalanced compared to current greats Fed, Rafa and Djoker. All but perhaps Zverev, but he seems too tall to become truly dominant... Who knows. He (Zverev) is the only one remotely on track, age-wise, with the Big 3.

Pelle Svanslös

May 22, 2017, 6:17:58 AM5/22/17
> Weirdly, they all look a bit stiff and unbalanced compared to current
> greats Fed, Rafa and Djoker. All but perhaps Zverev, but he seems too
> tall to become truly dominant... Who knows. He (Zverev) is the only
> one remotely on track, age-wise, with the Big 3.

Great to see Zverev (I would have been very happy with a Thiem/Djok
winner too, they're all my pets) win a Super 9 before that clod Kyrgios.
Although admittedly Kyrgios does hold an upper hand WRT to Zverev, Thiem
on hard.

The Iceberg

May 22, 2017, 7:10:55 AM5/22/17
Lol Dumitrov at #4 - above Raonic LOL
Is that cos he plays exactly the same as Fed.
Also Kyrgios won't ever beat Murray.
Goffin isn't he a bit too small Lol
You guys do you watch any tennis ever?

Whisper

May 22, 2017, 7:14:41 AM5/22/17
Let me guess - this 'list' of magical players contains 1 name?

---
http://www.avg.com

bob

May 22, 2017, 8:08:30 AM5/22/17
On Mon, 22 May 2017 21:14:35 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
lol. yes, i reckon.

bob

*skriptis

May 22, 2017, 9:01:03 AM5/22/17
Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com> Wrote in message:
Haha

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Patrick Kehoe

May 22, 2017, 10:17:38 AM5/22/17
I saw you mention that on another post, a week ago, maybe? Sorry to hear that... You are on of the best contributors around here... one of my RST heroes...

Patrick Kehoe

May 22, 2017, 10:18:42 AM5/22/17
I know... to be honest, I haven't seen enough of them to make any kind of comment... what are your views on them?

Patrick Kehoe

May 22, 2017, 10:31:07 AM5/22/17
This is a list AFTER the Big 4 are either gone or fading fast... Silly moi, thought that was obvious... anyway... How Nole reboots will affect their prospects in a big way... but, 2020, that's the time frame for the list, sort of...

Raonic and Dimitrov seem sort of interchangeable, with respect to potential... with the caveat that Milos has progressed a bit further... Milos without his injury proclivity could well be #3... should be... but, sadly he's really hampered... I think Milos might well get a major at the either W or USO, so, as I wrote above, he could be #4...

Not sure about Coric, but, he seems a one surface type guy... but he's so young, he's still deep into his development phase... and Tiafoe is an ATP baby, so, no one knows...

*skriptis

May 22, 2017, 11:01:03 AM5/22/17
Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
Hero? Was he captured?

TennisGuy

May 27, 2017, 1:29:21 PM5/27/17
What you on about son?

Patrick produced a list.
I told him it was a good list.
End of 'list' story.

Next chapter. I mention I won't be watching them after Fed retires
because I like to watch magical players.

Inference, Fed is a magical player.
BTW, he is also YOUR favourite player since 2002 as you mentioned here a
few months ago.

Are there any other magical players today for me?
Nope.

Whisper

May 28, 2017, 5:47:17 AM5/28/17
On 28/05/2017 3:28 AM, TennisGuy wrote:

> Next chapter. I mention I won't be watching them after Fed retires
> because I like to watch magical players.
>
> Inference, Fed is a magical player.
> BTW, he is also YOUR favourite player since 2002 as you mentioned here a
> few months ago.
>
> Are there any other magical players today for me?
> Nope.

What about Stan? He's nowhere near as consistent as Federer (who is?),
but at his best he's probably better to watch no?

TennisGuy

May 28, 2017, 2:27:47 PM5/28/17
On 5/28/2017 5:47 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 28/05/2017 3:28 AM, TennisGuy wrote:
>
>> Next chapter. I mention I won't be watching them after Fed retires
>> because I like to watch magical players.
>>
>> Inference, Fed is a magical player.
>> BTW, he is also YOUR favourite player since 2002 as you mentioned here
>> a few months ago.
>>
>> Are there any other magical players today for me?
>> Nope.
>>

> What about Stan? He's nowhere near as consistent as Federer (who is?),
> but at his best he's probably better to watch no?

I do enjoy watching Stan demolish players like Djoker and Nadal. :)

TennisGuy

May 28, 2017, 2:33:41 PM5/28/17
Thanks Patrick. It's nice to know at least one person appreciates
my contributions here. :)

You are one of my fav's on rst.

Gracchus

May 28, 2017, 3:55:11 PM5/28/17