Well done Milos!

InsideOut

Oct 31, 2014, 1:48:23 PM10/31/14
Great play from the big man to get his first win against Federer. The Swiss
a bit flat, but certainly not bad by any means. He just got served off the
court.

Federer really needs a win for Murray today or hopes of year end no.1 are
all but done.

ca1houn

Oct 31, 2014, 1:53:14 PM10/31/14
I think he just need some rest for davis cup, I don't care about davis cup but i would still support

jdeluise

Oct 31, 2014, 1:59:16 PM10/31/14
"InsideOut" <meh...@wahaca.net> writes:

> Great play from the big man to get his first win against Federer. The
> Swiss a bit flat, but certainly not bad by any means. He just got
> served off the court.

Congrats to Patrick :) Good for Raonic to throw that monkey off his
back too!

Court_1

Oct 31, 2014, 1:59:24 PM10/31/14
Good job Milos! You spoiled the party beating Federer but well done.

ahonkan

Oct 31, 2014, 2:02:50 PM10/31/14
Yes to both. Raonic was raining aces on demand - almost like Karlovic at
Basel last Sunday. He hit some tremendous winners too. Good on him!
Fed gets some much-needed rest.
He will be in contention for #1 if Murray defeats Nole. Fed loses 180 pts
from last year (lost in SF) but Djoker will lose 820 if he loses tonight.

I suspect at this point Fed is more keen on Davis Cup #1 than YEC #7.

grif

Oct 31, 2014, 2:06:32 PM10/31/14
It was always going to be controversial to see a year end #1 who hadn't
won a gs that year. This might be the best result for the tour, although
Fed still has a chance at #1.

jdeluise

Oct 31, 2014, 2:07:29 PM10/31/14
ahonkan <aho...@gmail.com> writes:

> I suspect at this point Fed is more keen on Davis Cup #1 than YEC #7.

I am too, not that I care about Davis Cup, but it will be interesting to
see TT in damage control.

ahonkan

Oct 31, 2014, 2:11:38 PM10/31/14
On Friday, 31 October 2014 23:37:29 UTC+5:30, jdeluise wrote:
> ahonkan writes:
>

> > I suspect at this point Fed is more keen on Davis Cup #1 than YEC #7.
>
> I am too, not that I care about Davis Cup, but it will be interesting to
> see TT in damage control.

Of course the gold standard for GOAThood will then be a Singles Olympic
Gold and # of (consecutive) Monte Carlo titles.
Just as Whisper's current gold standard for GOAThood is # of
(consecutive) YE #1s. For that reason alone, I want Fed to get his sixth
YE #1 :-)

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 31, 2014, 2:12:48 PM10/31/14
Ya... Milos will be walking with less tonnage on the shoulders now... get past Birdman and get into that final!

Murray-Raonic final still possible...

The Iceberg

Oct 31, 2014, 2:21:14 PM10/31/14
you must be as surprised as me by this result!
must have terrible trouble cheering for one side or the other too! :)

The Iceberg

Oct 31, 2014, 2:22:07 PM10/31/14
On Friday, 31 October 2014 17:59:24 UTC, Court_1 wrote:
> Good job Milos! You spoiled the party beating Federer but well done.

who were you cheering for???

ahonkan

Oct 31, 2014, 2:25:06 PM10/31/14
I will cheer for Murray because that would mean Murray beats Djoker
first and that keeps Fed in the hunt for #1 :-)

Court_1

Oct 31, 2014, 4:33:41 PM10/31/14
On Friday, October 31, 2014 2:12:48 PM UTC-4, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> Murray-Raonic final still possible...

I am rooting for a Raonic--Nishikori final!

InsideOut

Oct 31, 2014, 5:17:44 PM10/31/14
> I suspect at this point Fed is more keen on Davis Cup #1 than YEC #7.

If we know anything about Federer, he is quite greedy. I think he will have
his eye on both.

Fednatic

Oct 31, 2014, 8:46:09 PM10/31/14
me too

TT

Oct 31, 2014, 8:56:25 PM10/31/14
31.10.2014 20:07, jdeluise kirjoitti:
> but it will be interesting to
> see TT in damage control.

Easy... 4 DC > 1 DC

TT

Oct 31, 2014, 9:02:10 PM10/31/14
31.10.2014 20:06, grif kirjoitti:
> It was always going to be controversial to see a year end #1 who hadn't
> won a gs that year. This might be the best result for the tour, although
> Fed still has a chance at #1.

If Djoko wins Paris he has YE #1...

Fednatic

Oct 31, 2014, 11:28:07 PM10/31/14
Hopefull he won't and fed will get it but if not Nole should be the
one. ANYBODY but Rafa the CHEAT !!!

Whisper

Nov 1, 2014, 9:44:41 AM11/1/14
DC is a big deal for all players. You'd like at least 1 on your resume.

jdeluise

Nov 1, 2014, 1:28:04 PM11/1/14
Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com> writes:

> DC is a big deal for all players. You'd like at least 1 on your resume.

Yeah, I know it has prestige but it's not an individual contest,
thus it doesn't appeal to *me* so much.

YEC rates higher to me in this class of tournament.