Serving record in slams

Bharath Purohit

Jul 5, 2017, 5:16:45 AM7/5/17
I just Noticed that Rafa held 73 consecutive serves in US Open 2013. His serve was only broken by Richard Gasquet in second set of semi finals. Rafa wasnt broken again in the match.

In route to the final, Rafa's service record was 81 service game won, 1 lost.

Has anyone done better than this in a slam?

Bharath Purohit

Jul 5, 2017, 5:18:53 AM7/5/17
Federer 2007 AO would have done this type of serving i guess

DavidW

Jul 5, 2017, 6:40:44 PM7/5/17
On 5/07/2017 7:16 PM, Bharath Purohit wrote:
> I just Noticed that Rafa held 73 consecutive serves in US Open 2013.
> His serve was only broken by Richard Gasquet in second set of semi
> finals. Rafa wasnt broken again in the match.
>
> In route to the final, Rafa's service record was 81 service game won,
> 1 lost.

That's a surprising combination - Rafa and the USO - for a run of
serving that good.

stephenJ

Jul 5, 2017, 7:13:56 PM7/5/17
Well, in their 2010 epic Wimbledon match, both Isner and Mahut held
serve 84 straight times each.

---

Carey

Jul 5, 2017, 8:51:33 PM7/5/17
Sampras held 81 times in a row at USO 2001, until the Final against Hewitt,
who broke Sampras in his first service game of the match.

Bharath Purohit

Jul 6, 2017, 1:02:24 AM7/6/17
That Isner-Mahut match was son of a gun !

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 6, 2017, 6:26:57 AM7/6/17
+1
Mindblowing single set stats
Not only "not losing your serve" wise, this set alone lasted more than the previous longest match in the history, or so :-) !