Amazing how so many so called experts are writing Federer off so fast

only human

Oct 21, 2010, 3:07:25 PM10/21/10
Most right now think he's not capable of winning any more slams. he said
he plans to play for at least 4-5 more years its laughable that these
so called experts
don't think he will get just 1 more slam in this time. did they forget
he won a slam this year? just what are they basing this nonsense on?
just because he struggled this year winning another slam after the AO?
apparently if Federer doesn't win at least 2 slams a year he's done.
just ludicrous. these sports media guy's writing Federer off have to be
just dumb period to make these comments. Federer was written off in 08
also by these same guy's when he had mono. and struggled that year. and
look what he pulled off winning the US open that year after a crushing
tight defeat to Nadal at wimbledon. and look what he did in 09. they act
like they didn't say this crap about Federer before. now Navratilova is
saying this nonsense about Federer not capable of winning majors any
more. jesus these people are dimwits. of course when Federer proves them
wrong once again they will again act like they didn't say these things.
just pathetic

Inglourious Basterd

Oct 21, 2010, 3:29:29 PM10/21/10

Fed did not have mono in 08.

It's an insult to guys like Ancic to claim he did.

RzR

Oct 21, 2010, 3:34:20 PM10/21/10
On 21.10.2010 21:29, Inglourious Basterd wrote:

> Fed did not have mono in 08.
>
> It's an insult to guys like Ancic to claim he did.

not really...i have encountered people that had mono...some took years
to recover...some were over it in a few months, but they were wasted
during the sickness

Calimero

Oct 21, 2010, 3:36:31 PM10/21/10
On 21 Okt., 21:07, surfer...@webtv.net (only human) wrote:
> Most right now think he's not capable of winning any more slams. ...

Which "expert" would say something that stupid?

Max

reilloc

Oct 21, 2010, 3:53:21 PM10/21/10

Ever have mononucleosis? I got sick in about September, 1972, and didn't
know what I had. It was interesting. I remember this fever that made my
body hotter than I'd ever felt it before and, honest to god, ho shit, I
felt like I was close to actual death.

I was quite young and feeling like I could die at any minute, I was dumb
enough to believe, was, like, a rush. I told you I was young and dumb.

So, I go to the doctor and he checks me out, tells me I've got mono and
gives me something to take, I don't remember what but all doctors always
feel like they have to give you something to take or you won't believe
them. I went home and I felt better the next day.

Over the years I've talked to a lot of people who've had it and some of
them say that it goes away and you don't notice it anymore and some of
them say it takes years and some of them even say it never goes away.

Who knows? Maybe, in my case, it's never gone away and that's why I say
so many stupid things. It wouldn't be an unreasonable conjecture,
though, in my opinion that if a world-class athlete got it, that is to
say a guy who was much better attuned to how his body's supposed to
work, it could bother him much more than it might you or me.

LNC

wkhedr

Oct 21, 2010, 4:06:38 PM10/21/10
On Oct 21, 9:07 pm, surfer...@webtv.net (only human) wrote:
> of course when Federer proves them
> wrong once again they will again act like they didn't say these things.
> just pathetic

The problem for me is all Federer does now is proving them wrong only
once a year :)

Inglourious Basterd

Oct 21, 2010, 4:25:48 PM10/21/10

Sure, the effects of the disease would vary from person to person.
Nevertheless, a guy who is still reaching grand slam semis and finals
cannot in any sense be truly suffering.

uly...@mscomm.com

Oct 21, 2010, 9:41:01 PM10/21/10
Mono is not a disease, it's an infection. Huge difference. And even
though I have been an avowed Fed fan, I never bought into the nonsense
that he had mono. It was the beginning of his mental breakdown,
nothing more.

reilloc

Oct 21, 2010, 9:48:15 PM10/21/10

Guys who think they're able to diagnose mental breakdowns at a distance
are guys who may be projecting too much to be believable.

LNC

reilloc

Oct 21, 2010, 9:52:58 PM10/21/10

On the other hand, some guys (Andy Murray) don't report that they're
suffering at all (Andy Murray) and never seem to accomplish much (Andy
Murray) of anything except the occasional (Andy Murray), possibly fluke
result (Andy Murray). There's nothing that's any more subjective (Andy
Murray) than whether somebody else feels pain (Andy Murray) but I tell
you (Andy Murray) that when I watch Andy Murray (Andy Murray) play
tennis I feel pain (Andy Murray).

LNC

Ali Asoag

Oct 21, 2010, 10:24:45 PM10/21/10

Probably Navratilova. ;-)

only human

Oct 22, 2010, 1:02:06 AM10/22/10

Which experts? just do a online search. a majority now think Federer is
pretty much finished with winning majors. or they don't believe he will
win more then 1 more. its just insane to make comments like this for a
player as good as Federer who's playing for more years on the tour. and
regarding some posters here not believing Federer had mono. then your
calling Rogers doctor a liar. his doctor personally put the statement
out about the mono.

Whisper

Oct 22, 2010, 3:05:19 AM10/22/10

It's 100% certain Federer has not had mono in his pro career.

Iceberg

Oct 22, 2010, 5:48:18 AM10/22/10
On Oct 22, 2:48 am, reilloc <reil...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I dunno how anybody know who anybody who's had mono could possibly
support the claim that Fed had mono. You do not get to slam finals and
play 5 set matches with such a condition and certainly not a pro-
level. As IB said it's kind of an insult to Ancic to say this.

Iceberg

Oct 22, 2010, 5:49:25 AM10/22/10

you're talking about the final last week when Murray gave Fed a good
63 62 whooping.

Inglourious Basterd

Oct 22, 2010, 8:17:21 AM10/22/10
> LNC- Hide quoted text -

is there any player in particular you're thinking about...? ;)

Fan

Oct 22, 2010, 10:51:44 AM10/22/10
So called expert opinion:
Never write Federer off
Federer will win more slams, throw some tantrums, bust a lost of
requests, abuse ball boys and cry as only Federer can

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 22, 2010, 1:05:29 PM10/22/10

expert's opinion?
write-off Federer?
bust a lot of rackets?

Is that what you mean?

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 22, 2010, 1:08:17 PM10/22/10
> 63 62 whooping.- Hide quoted text -

Call it a lambasting, throttling, lesson, hiding and smackdown all
rolled into one... can't wait till Melbourne, especially IF they hook
up again in say Paris or London before hand... will be fun to see how
each responds to this match...

Ali Asoag

Oct 23, 2010, 11:16:49 AM10/23/10

Look at my sig. ;-)

--
Say, how dumb are you, Whisper? Probably you are so dumb that you
can't realize that you are dumb.

Ali Asoag

Oct 23, 2010, 11:17:52 AM10/23/10

In this case, Fan was trying to be an expert.

Fan

Oct 24, 2010, 2:46:43 AM10/24/10
On Oct 23, 5:17 pm, Ali Asoag <Ali.Aso...@arcor.de> wrote:
> On 10/22/2010 11:05 AM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>
> > On Oct 22, 7:51 am, Fan<Turnagain...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
> >> So called expert opinion:
> >> Never write Federer off
> >> Federer will win more slams, throw some tantrums, bust a lost of
> >> requests, abuse ball boys and cry as only Federer can
>
> > expert's opinion?
> > write-off Federer?
> > bust a lot of rackets?
>
> > Is that what you mean?
>
> In this case, Fan was trying to be an expert.

rst expert

kaennorsing

Oct 24, 2010, 10:45:00 AM10/24/10
On 21 okt, 22:25, Inglourious Basterd

Except if that guy was operating at the pinnacle of his profession and
his results went down suddenly and substantially; where only reaching
said semis and finals was actually considered shockingly poor for his
standards. Translation: It's silly to compare Federer to Ancic, or
anyone else, based solely on his results after being effected.

You know it's one thing to accuse someone who's occupation makes lying
an actual asset, say a politician, of being a pathological lair. It's
something completely different to accuse another, who's occupation is
sporting excellence, of being the same.