God, Chris Bradnam is an irritating commentator

Strangiato

Feb 20, 2004, 7:53:15 AM2/20/04
Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)

puredrive

Feb 20, 2004, 1:06:15 PM2/20/04
i agree

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 21, 2004, 4:15:03 AM2/21/04
In article <c14vvo$1dumlb$1...@ID-222597.news.uni-berlin.de>,
noch...@youmustbejoking.com (Strangiato) wrote:

> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)

So I've been saying for months, nay, years.

Did you hear him yesterday on how women can't resist diamonds?

wg

Strangiato

Feb 21, 2004, 6:57:00 AM2/21/04
I know. Thankfully Jo Durie is there to calm him down. I think his problem
is that he gets to hyper.

<wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk> wrote in message

Craig

Feb 21, 2004, 10:14:26 AM2/21/04
>wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)
>>

>So I've been saying for months, nay, years.
>
>Did you hear him yesterday on how women can't resist diamonds?

Chris knows what Eurosport's viewers like in a commentator, and face it the
sport needs more like Chris with the current state the women's game is in.

Keep on quiping Chris!

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 21, 2004, 3:00:22 PM2/21/04
In article <c17h28$1ed77l$1...@ID-222597.news.uni-berlin.de>,
noch...@youmustbejoking.com (Strangiato) wrote:

> I know. Thankfully Jo Durie is there to calm him down. I think his
> problem
> is that he gets to hyper.

She *agreed politely*. I wanted to slap her.

He is *such* a sexist asshole sometimes, too. One year at the US Open, the
women were late coming out for a big match because a men's doubles heavily
overran, and he made some dumb comment about, "Oh, well, you know what
women are like. Always keep you waiting."

wg

Craig

Feb 21, 2004, 5:56:18 PM2/21/04
>wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>> I know. Thankfully Jo Durie is there to calm him down. I think his
>> problem
>> is that he gets to hyper.
>
>She *agreed politely*. I wanted to slap her.
>
>He is *such* a sexist asshole sometimes, too. One year at the US Open, the
>women were late coming out for a big match because a men's doubles heavily
>overran, and he made some dumb comment about, "Oh, well, you know what
>women are like. Always keep you waiting."

Classic Chris.

It's post-modern. And funny :)

And it keeps people watching 'less than important' tennis matches.

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 22, 2004, 3:47:17 AM2/22/04
In article <20040221101426...@mb-m27.aol.com>,
dhn...@aol.comma (Craig) wrote:

> Chris knows what Eurosport's viewers like in a commentator,

I have yet to meet anyone who can stand him. If you can, you're in a tiny
minority, AFAICT.

wg

gp calliauw

Feb 22, 2004, 6:03:37 AM2/22/04

"Craig" <dhn...@aol.comma> schreef in bericht

I would accept the occasional quip, even the ones in what I find bad
taste (it's rather boring to be PC "ALL" the time), if only he knew
and understood the sport. As it is, he goes into hyperbole mode on
one player one minute only to see the score change and the go into
reverse and hype the opponent. In general, I have the impression
that he likes to hear himself talk and that is NEVER a quality for a
commentator.

Craig

Feb 22, 2004, 6:33:16 AM2/22/04
>"gp calliauw" geert.c...@pandora.be wrote:

>> >Did you hear him yesterday on how women can't resist diamonds?
>> >

>> Chris knows what Eurosport's viewers like in a commentator, and
>face it the
>> sport needs more like Chris with the current state the women's
>game is in.
>>
>> Keep on quiping Chris!
>
>I would accept the occasional quip, even the ones in what I find bad
>taste (it's rather boring to be PC "ALL" the time), if only he knew
>and understood the sport. As it is, he goes into hyperbole mode on
>one player one minute only to see the score change and the go into
>reverse and hype the opponent. In general, I have the impression
>that he likes to hear himself talk and that is NEVER a quality for a
>commentator.

It is on Eurosport. Chris knows full well most of his viewers have never even
heard of either player in most matches. He is not commentating for tennis
experts like yourself, or even viewers like me who mainly watch only if one of
our favourite players is involved.

I'm sure he would tone it down a bit if he was ever allowed inside the BBC's
fortress at Wimbledon, though he would still make jokes, and a good thing too.
imo Chris never gets as intrusive as snooker commentators have become - and on
the BBC too.

Chris would be great at Wimbledon. You're a women's tennis expert, don't you
know your sport is in crisis? I am sure you do. Tennis needs TV and
enthusiastic commentators/tennis fans like Chris more than ever. He was a
tennis player btw, so he does understand the sport :)

Craig

Feb 22, 2004, 6:44:27 AM2/22/04
>wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>> Chris knows what Eurosport's viewers like in a commentator,
>
>I have yet to meet anyone who can stand him. If you can, you're in a tiny
>minority, AFAICT.

It's a post-modernist, post-feminism situation. He is making jokes you consider
to be sexist - whilst commentating on women's tennis, his annual income
primarily depends on women's sport. Don't you get the joke? I assure you Jo
Durie and Sam Smith and most of Eurosport's female viewers do.

gp calliauw

Feb 22, 2004, 7:38:43 AM2/22/04

"Craig" <dhn...@aol.comma> schreef in bericht
Correction. I don't consider myself a tennis expert at all.
That may be one of the reasons I don't like the Bradnam style of
commentary. He doesn't add anything. I don't hear anything I don't
already know or can't see for myself. IOW I could give that kind of
commentary too, thereby proving its redundancy.

[....]

You're a women's tennis expert, don't you
> know your sport is in crisis?

Yes, I do. I wouldn't call it crisis. but it's true that the
interest is waning again.
And in all likelihood for the same reasons it started to attract
audiences seven or eight years ago. The glamour factor.
While the interest grew commentators could and should have been
pointing out how women's tennis is a different sport instead of
turning into it "Chris and Jo's comedy hour" and the obligatory
comments on the outfits. Women's tennis is interesting in itself for
those who want to look beyond the surface. Sakari summarised it
rather well here last week. Women's tennis is slower, and therefore
easier to comprehend and feel. The psychology of it is sometimes
more obvious. Less muscle flexing and bravado. And for the average
viewer who doesn't care about serve speeds it's just as exciting.
Yes, men's tennis is generally faster, stronger and more precise.
But the comparitive lack of service breaks (or even break points)
makes it decidedly boring for me.

I am sure you do. Tennis needs TV and
> enthusiastic commentators/tennis fans like Chris more than ever.
He was a
> tennis player btw, so he does understand the sport :)

Well, then he's been doing a good job of hiding it.

Raj Kotaru

Feb 22, 2004, 8:56:55 AM2/22/04
wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote in message news:<c177in$nc8$1...@thorium.cix.co.uk>...

What was the context? Why did the diamonds topic come up during the
coverage of a pro-tennis match? Was the winners trophy diamond
studded?

Sakari Lund

Feb 22, 2004, 9:39:53 AM2/22/04
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:38:43 GMT, "gp calliauw"
<geert.c...@pandora.be> wrote:

>Women's tennis is interesting in itself for
>those who want to look beyond the surface. Sakari summarised it
>rather well here last week. Women's tennis is slower, and therefore
>easier to comprehend and feel. The psychology of it is sometimes
>more obvious. Less muscle flexing and bravado. And for the average
>viewer who doesn't care about serve speeds it's just as exciting.

I didn't know that I did any such summarizing. I think you refer to my
post where I said I prefer women's indoor events because the game is
faster. But I don't disagree with what you say. I like men's tennis
more than you, but I do like women's tennis more than average tennis
fans. A lot of people say the like women's tennis, but they are
actually only interested in a few top players. I think there are lot
of interesting players ranked between #10 and #100 and below that, and
I find the whole "world" somehow fascinating, maybe more so than
men's tennis. I guess there is some kind of appeal I can't really
describe.

gp calliauw

Feb 22, 2004, 11:41:45 AM2/22/04
Was the winners trophy diamond
> studded?

http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/2004/eng/

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 22, 2004, 1:00:01 PM2/22/04
In article <20040221175618...@mb-m29.aol.com>,
dhn...@aol.comma (Craig) wrote:

> And it keeps people watching 'less than important' tennis matches.

Nonsense. We watch *despite* him and pray he won't be on.

wg

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 22, 2004, 1:28:52 PM2/22/04
In article <20040222063316...@mb-m01.aol.com>,
dhn...@aol.comma (Craig) wrote:

> Chris would be great at Wimbledon. You're a women's tennis expert,
> don't you
> know your sport is in crisis? I am sure you do. Tennis needs TV and
> enthusiastic commentators/tennis fans like Chris more than ever. He was
> tennis player btw, so he does understand the sport :)

Are you sure you're not confusing Bradnam and Bowers?

wg

Craig

Feb 22, 2004, 3:07:29 PM2/22/04
>wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>> And it keeps people watching 'less than important' tennis matches.
>
>Nonsense. We watch *despite* him and pray he won't be on.

I know, but it isn't knowledgeable tennis fans Chris is primarily speaking to.
He's trying to get digital channel surfers who chance on a tennis match
enthusiastic about it and about the sport.

Not an easy task these days is it, with not many 'personalities' amongst the
players, for one reason or another.

Craig

Feb 22, 2004, 3:13:02 PM2/22/04
>wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>> Chris would be great at Wimbledon. You're a women's tennis expert,
>> don't you
>> know your sport is in crisis? I am sure you do. Tennis needs TV and
>> enthusiastic commentators/tennis fans like Chris more than ever. He was
>> tennis player btw, so he does understand the sport :)
>
>Are you sure you're not confusing Bradnam and Bowers?

No, Bowers commentates at Wimbledon I know, and for Eurosport now and then, but
Bradnam doesn't do Wimbledon, he must be too 'controversial' for the BBC. Was
Bowers a player? I don't know. Chris Bradnam definitely was, in the late 70s,
Davis Cup player too.

Craig

Feb 22, 2004, 4:13:04 PM2/22/04
> "gp calliauw" geert.c...@pandora.be wrote:

>In general, I have the impression
>> >that he likes to hear himself talk and that is NEVER a quality
>for a
>> >commentator.
>> >

>> It is on Eurosport. Chris knows full well most of his viewers have
>never even
>> heard of either player in most matches. He is not commentating for
>tennis
>> experts like yourself, or even viewers like me who mainly watch
>only if one of
>> our favourite players is involved.
>>
>Correction. I don't consider myself a tennis expert at all.
>That may be one of the reasons I don't like the Bradnam style of
>commentary. He doesn't add anything. I don't hear anything I don't
>already know or can't see for myself. IOW I could give that kind of
>commentary too, thereby proving its redundancy.

But it isn't you or I Chris is primarily speaking to, but the channel surfer
Eurosport is desperate to hold onto. They have invested a lot in their WTA
coverage haven't they and must rate Chris very highly, as he is their principal
commentator, his style must appeal most to the more 'general' sports fan and
occassional tennis watcher.

Eurosport know you will be watching the next tournament with them come what
may, no choice is there.

>[....]
>
> You're a women's tennis expert, don't you
>> know your sport is in crisis?
>
>Yes, I do. I wouldn't call it crisis. but it's true that the
>interest is waning again.
>And in all likelihood for the same reasons it started to attract
>audiences seven or eight years ago. The glamour factor.

Or because many of the sports more 'attractive' personalities have in the last
year or so disappeared or almost disappeared from the top of the sport, for one
reason or another, and are seldom seen on TV any more? Dokic and Hantuchova the
two obvious examples.

Or because there are too many tournaments and players have finally realised
they cannot play every single event like they did in previous years? Even
Hantuchova missed Antwerp, the first ever time she voluntarily missed a
tournament she would have been expected to play in. Even she is maybe learning
the lesson, finally.

There are too many tournaments and Eurosport ends up broadcasting matches
between players the occassional tennis viewers that the channel and WTA must
attract (and keep) can't identify with.

Chris' primary job is to keep those people watching, not to speak only to
lifelong tennis fans.

>While the interest grew commentators could and should have been
>pointing out how women's tennis is a different sport instead of
>turning into it "Chris and Jo's comedy hour"

If only. That would make even a match between Pistolesi and Martinez worth
tuning into :)

and the obligatory
>comments on the outfits.

Which are mostly horrible these days.

Women's tennis is interesting in itself for
>those who want to look beyond the surface. Sakari summarised it
>rather well here last week. Women's tennis is slower, and therefore
>easier to comprehend and feel. The psychology of it is sometimes
>more obvious. Less muscle flexing and bravado. And for the average
>viewer who doesn't care about serve speeds it's just as exciting.

I think Chris always stresses points like this. You cannot deny his great
enthusiasm for the women's game comes across strongly I hope, I mean for the
game itself, not just for the 'attractive' players. He loves the sport it's
clear.

If you don't like Chris, which male commentator on Eurosport do you like?

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 23, 2004, 6:51:21 PM2/23/04
In article <20040222161304...@mb-m27.aol.com>,
dhn...@aol.comma (Craig) wrote:

> But it isn't you or I Chris is primarily speaking to, but the channel
> surfer
> Eurosport is desperate to hold onto. They have invested a lot in their
> WTA
> coverage haven't they and must rate Chris very highly, as he is their
> principal
> commentator, his style must appeal most to the more 'general' sports
> fan and
> occassional tennis watcher.

Well, first of all Bradnam, Reed, Bowers, Smith, and Durie seem to me to
be on about equally. (Though there's always one male on the team.)

It may mean only that the Eurosport honchos like him, not that we do.

wg

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 23, 2004, 6:51:21 PM2/23/04
In article <20040222151302...@mb-m27.aol.com>,
dhn...@aol.comma (Craig) wrote:

> >wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>
> >> Chris would be great at Wimbledon. You're a women's tennis expert,
> >> don't you
> >> know your sport is in crisis? I am sure you do. Tennis needs TV and
> >> enthusiastic commentators/tennis fans like Chris more than ever. He
> > was >a
> >> tennis player btw, so he does understand the sport :)
> >
> >Are you sure you're not confusing Bradnam and Bowers?
> >

> No, Bowers commentates at Wimbledon I know, and for Eurosport now and

Bowers does a lot for Eurosport. He did the Saturday semis, for example,
with Durie. Don't know where Bradnam was that day, but I was grateful.

> then, but
> Bradnam doesn't do Wimbledon, he must be too 'controversial' for the
> BBC. Was
> Bowers a player? I don't know. Chris Bradnam definitely was, in the
> late 70s,
> Davis Cup player too.

I don't know if Bowers was a player, but I'm amazed if Bradnam was. He
comes across as so ignorant about the game.

wg

Craig

Feb 24, 2004, 11:09:04 AM2/24/04
>wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>> then, but
>> Bradnam doesn't do Wimbledon, he must be too 'controversial' for the
>> BBC. Was
>> Bowers a player? I don't know. Chris Bradnam definitely was, in the
>> late 70s,
>> Davis Cup player too.
>
>I don't know if Bowers was a player, but I'm amazed if Bradnam was. He
>comes across as so ignorant about the game.

He (Bradnam) was in Davis Cup squads/teams at the same time as Nigel Sears, I'm
not quite old enough to remember those times in great detail myself, but Chris
has informed his (mostly) adoring audience of this several times. "I grew up
with Searsy" could have been his catch phrase a couple of years back.

jan.cr...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 7:35:18 PM1/23/15
I believe he just likes the sound of his own voice. I have to watch matches he is commentating on with the sound off, which is a travesty, as he often partners Frew McMillan my favourite all time commentator, together with the late, gentleman, Dan Maskell. Such lovely dulcet tones over the air waves. (Showing my age). The Sky tennis commentating team do a grand job, with the exception of Bradnam. Bit of a twit. Always stating the obvious. Please, please do less talking Chris and let us enjoy the tennis and Frew's interesting musings. Less is more Chris!!

coltlance...@yahoo.com

Sep 7, 2016, 4:04:25 PM9/7/16
How can I avoid the ridiculous trite comments/drivel that Chris Bradnam seems to think is interesting, even to the point where he keeps droning on when games are in progress? I found a compromise solution - I mute the sound. It is a compromise when you can't hear the crowd, or the ball being hit, but at least we can spend the silence thinking that another good game with a much better commentator is only a couple of hours away.
Sorry Jo Durie, I like your incisive knowledge of Tennis and the common sense you talk - can you partner with someone else?
I am sure Chris has lots of talent, but commentating on the US Open is not it.

anthon...@btinternet.com

Jun 10, 2017, 10:57:55 AM6/10/17
Tennis players make horrendous commentators. They simply do not know when to shut up. E.g. Ms Bartoli.

Federer Fanatic

Jun 10, 2017, 10:59:43 AM6/10/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 07:57:54 -0700 (PDT), anthon...@btinternet.com <anthon...@btinternet.com> wrote:
| Tennis players make horrendous commentators. They simply do not know when to shut up. E.g. Ms Bartoli.

Include Chris Evert....awful...

FF

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 10, 2017, 1:45:35 PM6/10/17
Yes, hate to say it but Evert isn't really 'sharp' enough nor articulate enough to be more than just mediocre...

And J. McEnroe... goodness... Just had occasion to listen to him after not having heard him commentate for 4 or 5 months and it was jarring how bad/annoying his commentary remains...

jdeluise

Jun 10, 2017, 1:50:48 PM6/10/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:45:34 -0700, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> Yes, hate to say it but Evert isn't really 'sharp' enough nor articulate
> enough to be more than just mediocre...
>
> And J. McEnroe... goodness... Just had occasion to listen to him after
> not having heard him commentate for 4 or 5 months and it was jarring how
> bad/annoying his commentary remains...

Yes, one wonders how all these mediocre sports journalists spouting half-
baked, pseudo-philosophical ramblings resembling beat poetry stay
employed?

Gracchus

Jun 10, 2017, 1:54:08 PM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:45:35 AM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:59:43 AM UTC-7, Federer Fanatic wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 07:57:54 -0700 (PDT), anthon...@btinternet.com <anthon...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > | Tennis players make horrendous commentators. They simply do not know when to shut up. E.g. Ms Bartoli.
> >
> > Include Chris Evert....awful...
> >
> > FF
>
> Yes, hate to say it but Evert isn't really 'sharp' enough nor articulate enough to be more than just mediocre...

True. And her nasal voice is annoying too. IMO Tracy Austin was better and easier to listen too. Not sure she's even doing commentary anymore

> And J. McEnroe... goodness... Just had occasion to listen to him after not having heard him commentate for 4 or 5 months and it was jarring how bad/annoying his commentary remains...

Yeah, he does a lot of talking to say very little.

Gracchus

Jun 10, 2017, 1:56:57 PM6/10/17
That sounds terrible. Where have you ever seen that, JD?

jdeluise

Jun 10, 2017, 1:57:16 PM6/10/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:54:07 -0700, Gracchus wrote:

> Yeah, he does a lot of talking to say very little.

He was a little more interesting when he had just retired and was still
very cagey about some of his tough losses. He would get audibly angry if
any of the other commentators mentioned his final loss to Lendl at RG...
it was embarrassing but funny at the same time.

bob

Jun 10, 2017, 3:10:22 PM6/10/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:45:34 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Kehoe
<pke...@telus.net> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:59:43 AM UTC-7, Federer Fanatic wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 07:57:54 -0700 (PDT), anthon...@btinternet.com <anthon...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> | Tennis players make horrendous commentators. They simply do not know when to shut up. E.g. Ms Bartoli.
>>
>> Include Chris Evert....awful...
>>
>> FF
>
>Yes, hate to say it but Evert isn't really 'sharp' enough nor articulate enough to be more than just mediocre...

agree, she's terrible and i think you're right: she's just not very
bright.

>And J. McEnroe... goodness... Just had occasion to listen to him after not having heard him commentate for 4 or 5 months and it was jarring how bad/annoying his commentary remains...

disagree. great commentator!

bob

artande...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 11:09:36 AM1/15/18
On Friday, 20 February 2004 12:53:15 UTC, Strangiato wrote:
> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)

Settled down to watch the Aussie Open - WHY OH WHY is Chris Bradnam STILL A COMMENTATOR - so irritating, just had to mute, he never stops talking and I'm TRYING to watch the tennis!

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Jan 16, 2018, 4:24:01 PM1/16/18
In article <764ff4f5-08e9-4e19...@googlegroups.com>,
artande...@gmail.com () wrote:

> Settled down to watch the Aussie Open - WHY OH WHY is Chris Bradnam
> STILL A COMMENTATOR - so irritating, just had to mute, he never
> stops talking and I'm TRYING to watch the tennis!

He really is the most annoying commentator out there. I refer to him as
Your Daily Bradnam (or YDB) because every single day he says something I
can't stand him for.

wg

georg...@sky.com

Jan 21, 2019, 5:17:27 PM1/21/19
Same here. Turned off sound when he and that other irritant Pat Cash were commentating on the Federer v Tsitsipas game. They were still talking as the players were serving. Get rid of them both.....far too far up their own egos.!!!

artande...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2019, 5:00:57 AM1/29/19
On Monday, 21 January 2019 22:17:27 UTC, georg...@sky.com wrote:
> Same here. Turned off sound when he and that other irritant Pat Cash were commentating on the Federer v Tsitsipas game. They were still talking as the players were serving. Get rid of them both.....far too far up their own egos.!!!

totally agree, in the AO final he starts saying something about Nole's team and how they met through someone's daughter or something and they had only just started playing! that set a record for me pressing the mute button

roybe...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 12:44:34 PM5/31/19
I hate watching tennis when hes on.....he drones on and laughs at himself. Never shuts up talking stupid trash. Im glad loads of others agree. Get him off. Hes worse than irritating.

lukehe...@googlemail.com

Jun 2, 2019, 6:06:19 PM6/2/19
In the Tsitsioas Wawrinka match he and Wilander were too busy wittering on about how late the next match would be (not really) that they missed the umpire make a complete hash of a decision. Wawrinka served about 4 inches wide which was a let but given in. They were oblivious. Constantly dribbling on about inconsequential rubbish!!

danroyal...@gmail.com

May 28, 2020, 8:29:36 PM5/28/20
I would like it for him to be banned I CANT STAND THIS GUY - FOOL!
Message has been deleted

Mark Hall

Jul 3, 2021, 12:25:15 PM7/3/21
On Friday, 20 February 2004 at 12:53:15 UTC, Strangiato wrote:
> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)
Mind you Boris, "art of stating the bl***ing obvious" Becker is worse! Why does tennis have so many poor commentators and cycling so many good ones?

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Jul 3, 2021, 4:45:05 PM7/3/21
In article <c0c1e212-7940-4533...@googlegroups.com>,
kamt...@googlemail.com (Mark Hall) wrote:

> *From:* Mark Hall <kamt...@googlemail.com>
> *Date:* Sat, 3 Jul 2021 09:25:13 -0700 (PDT)
Oh, yes. I used to hear CB on Eurosport all the time. I used to call him
Your Daily Bradnam because at least once a day he'd produce some
ridiculous statement.

wg

Whisper

Jul 4, 2021, 3:30:16 AM7/4/21
Yes there are very few good commentators these days. Lucky one of our
paid services here provides coverage of every match at Wimbledon
(singles, doubles, mixed, juniors etc) and most of them have no
commentary at all. Bliss.

Tom Kerstens

Jun 5, 2022, 11:11:05 AM6/5/22
On Friday, 20 February 2004 at 12:53:15 UTC, Strangiato wrote:
> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)

Too right!

He is unbelievably annoying, babbling away about irrelevant things all the time, things that have no bearing on the match.His exaggerating pronunciation of words like 'champion' is irritating. He seems to say every idiotic thing that comes into his silly mind.
Why does Eurosport let him commentate on EVERY important match? At least in the past, there was alternating between commentators, now it seems he is the no1?
BTW what happened to Frew MacMillan? Now there was someone who was extremely knowledgeable, humourous and understated.There really is NO need to talk up magnificent tennis, like what we're seeing at Roland Garros.

TT

Jun 5, 2022, 5:49:45 PM6/5/22
Tom Kerstens kirjoitti 5.6.2022 klo 18:11:
> BTW what happened to Frew MacMillan?

I'm pretty sure he died.

sandy york

Jul 5, 2022, 11:43:16 AM7/5/22
On Friday, February 20, 2004 at 12:53:15 PM UTC, Strangiato wrote:
> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)
Quite the worst tennis commentator going.Has a phd in the £&#£&#& obvious!

Max DeSantis

Jul 5, 2022, 12:55:18 PM7/5/22
Strangiato schrieb am Freitag, 20. Februar 2004 um 13:53:15 UTC+1:
> Just thought I'd get it off my chest :)

On which channel is that guy commentating?

Max