Djokovic's Next Move

Jason White

Jan 31, 2017, 2:49:07 AM1/31/17
Bring back Boris Becker? Should he take some extended time off to recharge? How should he regroup?

Pelle Svanslös

Jan 31, 2017, 3:20:25 AM1/31/17
On 31.1.2017 9:49, Jason White wrote:
> Bring back Boris Becker? Should he take some extended time off to recharge? How should he regroup?

Start playing the sitar?

Patrick Kehoe

Jan 31, 2017, 3:45:11 PM1/31/17
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:49:07 PM UTC-8, Jason White wrote:
> Bring back Boris Becker? Should he take some extended time off to recharge? How should he regroup?

Depends what this 'off court' issue is... that - whatever is going on - might well be what's affecting him/his tennis... not just having been top 4 and #1 for so long, which grinds one down mentally... his 'natural' career life cycle having gone into full burn at 20, when he played in the USO final... THAT'S YOUNG... and fast forward all the way till now... 12 majors and counting, being married, being a father, long tenure as #1 having chased Roger and battled Rafa for YEARS... it's all taking effect now, at 29, 30 looming... Basically, he'd like a LONG rest/rethink, but, he's not moving in such a direction, scheduling wise... so, he's looking to 'contest' and 'will' his way back, if he can... he's right up there, technically... so one would presuppose, it's mental and emotion 'issues' overcomplicating him, draining him, currently...

soccerfan777

Jan 31, 2017, 6:04:46 PM1/31/17
I bet he would find that much more difficult than beating Warwinka, Murray, Federer and Nadal back to back to win FO.

AZ

Jan 31, 2017, 6:06:16 PM1/31/17
I am going to do an armchair/keyboard psychoanalysis here.

For Djokovic tennis is not a beautiful experience, unlike Fed it doesn't come naturally for him. He doesn't really love the game. It's a war first. Neither does Nadal or Murray. They all play the game like butchers. What's more, Djok doesn't have a mom like Judy or an uncle like Toni to push him around and hold a fire under his ass. So he is in a mental funk, he is soul-searching and seeking peace elsewhere.

Disclaimer : Could be total bs.

*skriptis

Jan 31, 2017, 8:01:02 PM1/31/17
AZ <arnab....@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Partly true.

It's fedfuckerish to claim other guys hate the game and only
Federer loves it?

What a weirdo you have to be to say that?
The game has earned them millions, given everything they have,
they are all hard-working guys etc. Murray, Nadal, Djokovic.

Kyrgios said he doesn't see himself at 30 playing tennis. And that
he prefers basketball. Safin or Nalbandiam maybe.

But these big 4 guys are nuts about tennis and competing. It's
actually Federer that I have doubts about.

Maybe as a result of everything, not being such a warrior, his
mind is fresher, but that's what made him boring.

At their best Nadal or Djokovic are superhumans and focused, while
Federer chokes or cracks.

Yes, he's won so much and hasn't really cracked under pressure
that much when you look at everything he's won, but compared to
these guys, he cracked somewhat more at his best vs their best.

So I'll prefer these two, tnx.

But the idea about only Federer loving the game? lol

As for Djokovic, he's spent after his FO quest. But obviously he
likes the game and will not stop playing. They all like it.

I am not expecting any changes soon. Maybe he starts seriously
once he hits clay.

Surely there are new winners in IW and Miami this year? He's won
these 3 years back to back I think? 2014, 2015, 2016.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

AZ

Jan 31, 2017, 8:57:09 PM1/31/17
You wasted a lot of typing there. I stopped at fedfuckerish. You are a hopeless c**t.

Pelle Svanslös

Feb 1, 2017, 12:02:48 AM2/1/17
I agree.

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke

Red Cloud

Feb 1, 2017, 1:36:38 AM2/1/17
Djoko is absolutely in love with the game... Dumb to suggest Djoko is not...

*skriptis

Feb 1, 2017, 3:01:04 AM2/1/17
Red Cloud <mmdi...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
Well, apparently only Federer loves the game and the other great
champions hate it. lol

And when confronted with this absurd claim, fedfuckers, well, they
"stop reading it".

Hopeless.

heyg...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2017, 1:13:18 PM2/1/17
I do think Fed loves all the obligations of being a top player more than most (sponsorship requirements, traveling, media requirements, training, etc.). Many top players love the competition but not everything else that goes with it.

*skriptis

Feb 1, 2017, 2:01:03 PM2/1/17
heyg...@gmail.com Wrote in message:
I dare
to way Djokovic loves #1 as much as Federer does.
Everything that comes with it. Nadal and Murray maybe not so
much.

But anyway, liking the grind, travel, etc less, it's so much
different from saying those guys hate the tour or tennis.

The Iceberg

Feb 1, 2017, 3:00:41 PM2/1/17
Djoker loves it same as Fed, he been dedicated since he was 6 years old, the ONLY difference is Fed has always had the entire media on his side, saying how great he is, threatening or trying to wreck absolutely anyone that ever criticised him etc. If Djoker had this kind of giant media sucking-up to him, then he'd have no probs at all and prob have won 2 x CYGS by now with only possibly the odd Murray or Nadal match causing him trouble.

Murray and Nadal are different, don't like the limelight as much and prefer a quieter life.

The Iceberg

Feb 1, 2017, 3:01:18 PM2/1/17
you would say that you're a massive Fedfan!

TT

Feb 1, 2017, 3:30:03 PM2/1/17

*skriptis

Feb 1, 2017, 7:01:03 PM2/1/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
> https://s29.postimg.org/ov8pi1oc7/C3h_DXMVWYAQBQg_R_jpg_small.jpg
>
> This is what he's doing nowadays...

Imagine this working out for him in the end, helping him to find
his inner peace and he comes back in another 2011, 2015 fashion.
:D

*skriptis

Feb 1, 2017, 7:01:03 PM2/1/17
The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Yes, my point exactly. :)
They don't seem to care about popularity whereas with Djokovic,
it's not even about being popular, it's the fact that the villain
role pisses him off. He sees that as perhaps insulting and not
appropriate given his jvial character, effort and even
resume.

Nobody's perfect.

Guypers

Feb 1, 2017, 7:17:16 PM2/1/17
I like Novak, lot nicer than Mickenroe or Cooners!

The Iceberg

Feb 2, 2017, 2:51:13 AM2/2/17
On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 20:30:03 UTC, TT wrote:
> https://s29.postimg.org/ov8pi1oc7/C3h_DXMVWYAQBQg_R_jpg_small.jpg
>
> This is what he's doing nowadays...

becoming the new Batman?! :)

heyg...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 2:00:54 PM2/2/17
Not according to Becker...part of the reason he left was Djok wasn't training as hard.

RaspingDrive

Feb 2, 2017, 5:57:51 PM2/2/17
As a prelude to playing with Deepika, if the reports are any indication?

RaspingDrive

Feb 2, 2017, 6:00:32 PM2/2/17
On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 3:30:03 PM UTC-5, TT wrote:
> https://s29.postimg.org/ov8pi1oc7/C3h_DXMVWYAQBQg_R_jpg_small.jpg
>
> This is what he's doing nowadays...

Following the path of Indian saints? ;)