Wow, what a beatdown by Muguruza

Garvin Yee

Jul 13, 2017, 9:16:52 AM7/13/17

soccerfan777

Jul 13, 2017, 9:35:44 AM7/13/17
Yes the small plate. Venus will hold the bigger one

soccerfan777

Jul 13, 2017, 9:58:11 AM7/13/17
Rybarikova was not the same today. She played much better against truck driver in the QF.

The Iceberg

Jul 13, 2017, 10:15:05 AM7/13/17
On Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:58:11 UTC+1, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Rybarikova was not the same today. She played much better against truck driver in the QF.

the truck driver is one of my fave players, is she still in the doubles?

soccerfan777

Jul 13, 2017, 10:34:58 AM7/13/17
Man, you have some lame taste

Whisper

Jul 13, 2017, 10:57:40 AM7/13/17
On 13/07/2017 11:15 PM, Garvin Yee wrote:

> Double breadsticks.
>
> She could be hoisting the trophy soon...

I agreed unit I saw Venus v Konta.

Venus clear fave for the title.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 13, 2017, 10:58:30 AM7/13/17
On 13/07/2017 11:35 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Yes the small plate. Venus will hold the bigger one

Agreed.

SliceAndDice

Jul 13, 2017, 11:39:21 AM7/13/17
Yes, seeing Venus play has given me pause as well. I am still having trouble writing off Muguruza, though. We might have an epic women's final after a long time.

The Iceberg

Jul 13, 2017, 11:43:33 AM7/13/17
you're just bad taste all over.

RaspingDrive

Jul 13, 2017, 12:45:07 PM7/13/17
Both of you like Sharapova.

soccerfan777

Jul 13, 2017, 2:23:29 PM7/13/17
Sharapova has won 5 slams. And an YEC. So not s lame taste to like her... Coco on the other hand is Coco for cocoa puffs

Garvin Yee

Jul 13, 2017, 10:18:45 PM7/13/17
Agreed. It should be an good women's final!

:)

The Iceberg

Jul 14, 2017, 8:17:42 AM7/14/17
On Thursday, 13 July 2017 19:23:29 UTC+1, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Sharapova has won 5 slams. And an YEC. So not s lame taste to like her... Coco on the other hand is Coco for cocoa puffs

lol yep! Sharapova is a Wimbledon Champ too!

Garvin Yee

Jul 15, 2017, 10:47:35 AM7/15/17
On 7/13/2017 7:58 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 13/07/2017 11:35 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
>> Yes the small plate. Venus will hold the bigger one
>>

> Agreed.

Eat shit and die, MOFOs!

:)

soccerfan777

Jul 15, 2017, 10:50:19 AM7/15/17
Chill out. It was just a prediction!

Garvin Yee

Jul 15, 2017, 10:58:26 AM7/15/17
On 7/15/2017 7:50 AM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Chill out. It was just a prediction!

A bad one at that, bitch!

Keep your day job....Muguruza just bageled Venus Williams....

I was hoping for a tight 3-setter, but oh well...

Astounding.

Darkfalz

Jul 15, 2017, 5:16:27 PM7/15/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 12:58:26 AM UTC+10, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 7:50 AM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> > Chill out. It was just a prediction!
> >

> A bad one at that, bitch!
>
> Keep your day job....Muguruza just bageled Venus Williams....
>
> I was hoping for a tight 3-setter, but oh well...
>
> Astounding.

Women's tennis. Rare one can hold their nerve enough to make it a tight 3 setter.

5 sets for semis onwards. It needs to happen. Yes, a 3 set beatdown is still better than a 2 set beatdown.

Garvin Yee

Jul 15, 2017, 7:04:34 PM7/15/17
A 3 setter is not a beatdown, by definition, as the opponent still
won a set.

But really weird how Venus' game completely collapsed after the
first set....wow....

SliceAndDice

Jul 15, 2017, 7:57:02 PM7/15/17
Yup only saw parts of the first set. Wasn't expecting Venus to collapse like this in the second. Congrats to Muguruza though. She won playing some stellar tennis throughout.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 16, 2017, 1:05:19 AM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 1:04:34 AM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 2:16 PM, Darkfalz wrote:
> >>>

> >> A bad one at that, bitch!
> >>
> >> Keep your day job....Muguruza just bageled Venus Williams....
> >>
> >> I was hoping for a tight 3-setter, but oh well...
> >>
> >> Astounding.
> >
> > Women's tennis. Rare one can hold their nerve enough to make it a tight 3 setter.
> >
> > 5 sets for semis onwards. It needs to happen. Yes, a 3 set beatdown is still better than a 2 set beatdown.
> >

> A 3 setter is not a beatdown, by definition, as the opponent still
> won a set.

When Navratilova lost the 1988 Wimbledon final 7-5 2-6 1-6 to Graf after leading 7-5 2-0 she herself called that a beatdown.

Max

Darkfalz

Jul 16, 2017, 3:57:27 AM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:04:34 AM UTC+10, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 2:16 PM, Darkfalz wrote:
> >>>

> >> A bad one at that, bitch!
> >>
> >> Keep your day job....Muguruza just bageled Venus Williams....
> >>
> >> I was hoping for a tight 3-setter, but oh well...
> >>
> >> Astounding.
> >
> > Women's tennis. Rare one can hold their nerve enough to make it a tight 3 setter.
> >
> > 5 sets for semis onwards. It needs to happen. Yes, a 3 set beatdown is still better than a 2 set beatdown.
> >

> A 3 setter is not a beatdown, by definition, as the opponent still
> won a set.
>
> But really weird how Venus' game completely collapsed after the
> first set....wow....

I said a BO5 is necessary for women in slams from semis onwards, and that I'd rather watch a 3 set beatdown (where the player needs to be on fire for more than 1 hour) than a 2 set beatdown.

Garvin Yee

Jul 16, 2017, 5:03:44 AM7/16/17
Again, if both players win at least one set, that's not a beatdown
in my book.

Even a straight sets win can be very competitive. But a 6-2, 6-2
is a beatdown, and especially a double breadstick or double bagel.

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 5:49:14 AM7/16/17
On 16/07/2017 7:03 PM, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 7/16/2017 12:57 AM, Darkfalz wrote:

>>> A 3 setter is not a beatdown, by definition, as the opponent still
>>> won a set.
>>>
>>> But really weird how Venus' game completely collapsed after the
>>> first set....wow....
>>
>> I said a BO5 is necessary for women in slams from semis onwards, and
>> that I'd rather watch a 3 set beatdown (where the player needs to be
>> on fire for more than 1 hour) than a 2 set beatdown.
>>

> Again, if both players win at least one set, that's not a beatdown
> in my book.

He's suggesting they play bo5, in which case a 3 set beatdown is
something like 61 62 60.