Guess I was wrong...

1 view

Yama

Jun 4, 2011, 5:59:46 PM6/4/11
Me after Dementieva beat Li at USO 2008:

"It's easy to see why Na Li can be dangerous to top players, she hits flat
and early, it's difficult for power baselines to execute a normal game plan
against her as most of the time you're just reacting and trying to hit
groundstrokes back. It's also easy to see why she will never win any
big tournament, she takes enormous risks with nearly every groundstroke
and laws of probabilities are going to work against her in long term."

Well dang. Probably the first time in history my analysis has gone wrong...

Li has really transformed herself. Up until couple of years ago, she would
go for a winner nearly every shot. It was just crazy, she would play insane
tennis for like half a set, then collapse to comedy of errors. She is still
aggressive, but in wiser, more controlled way. She waits for her moments lot
better now, pins the opponent with her depth, uses her good defence, then
strikes like a cobra. Plus her serve is really actually pretty good for
someone her size.

Sakari Lund

Jun 4, 2011, 6:09:39 PM6/4/11

I think I once had a conversation with you, when you said Li Na will
never win a slam with her game, and I asked why not.

I have thought for a while she has a chance, but unfortunately this
time I listed 11 candidates to win FO, and she wasn't one of them...
It seemed she lost it completely after AO, but I am glad she got it
back and won FO.

Luke Tang

Jun 4, 2011, 8:31:30 PM6/4/11
> back and won FO.- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

Obviously rst is an excellent guide for tennis betting -- I believe
more than five people in Hops contest have picked Li to win FO this
year, a surprisingly high number considering her outright betting odds
were so low.

Superdave

Jun 4, 2011, 10:35:38 PM6/4/11
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:31:30 -0700 (PDT), Luke Tang <gin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 6??4??, ????3??09??, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 21:59:46 +0000 (UTC), Yama
>>

>> <tj...@NOSPAMpajuoulu.fi> wrote:
>> >Me after Dementieva beat Li at USO 2008:
>>
>> >"It's easy to see why Na Li can be dangerous to top players, she hits flat
>> >and early, it's difficult for power baselines to execute a normal game plan
>> >against her as most of the time you're just reacting and trying to hit
>> >groundstrokes back. It's also easy to see why she will never win any
>> >big tournament, she takes enormous risks with nearly every groundstroke
>> >and laws of probabilities are going to work against her in long term."
>>
>> >Well dang. Probably the first time in history my analysis has gone wrong...
>>
>> >Li has really transformed herself. Up until couple of years ago, she would
>> >go for a winner nearly every shot. It was just crazy, she would play insane
>> >tennis for like half a set, then collapse to comedy of errors. She is still
>> >aggressive, but in wiser, more controlled way. She waits for her moments lot
>> >better now, pins the opponent with her depth, uses her good defence, then
>> >strikes like a cobra. Plus her serve is really actually pretty good for
>> >someone her size.
>>
>> I think I once had a conversation with you, when you said Li Na will
>> never win a slam with her game, and I asked why not.
>>
>> I have thought for a while she has a chance, but unfortunately this
>> time I listed 11 candidates to win FO, and she wasn't one of them...
>> It seemed she lost it completely after AO, but I am glad she got it

>> back and won FO.- ?????????????? -

>Obviously rst is an excellent guide for tennis betting -- I believe
>more than five people in Hops contest have picked Li to win FO this
>year, a surprisingly high number considering her outright betting odds
>were so low.

yes. obviously we ARE the ones in the know. hard core. but in the know.