How to Beat Djokovic (highlight)

kaennorsing

Jan 31, 2019, 10:04:58 AM1/31/19
Layed out in this glorious highlight reel;
- Attack
- Counter attack
- Serve well
- Mix it up
- Use slice to change pace, angles and depth
- Approach the net a lot
- Early hitting
- Mix it up
- Serve volley
- Do anything but mindless rallying from the baseline
- Oh and of course pick a fastcourt to increase your chance of succes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mj1XDB-gtI

*skriptis

Jan 31, 2019, 11:00:14 AM1/31/19
kaennorsing <ljub...@hotmail.com> Wrote in message:
And a tune up. Nah.

It's also a very complicated plan, asking you to excell in various
categories. Even Federer can rarely do it with enough
consistency.

Posting Wawrinka 14 AO is the best video you can post under this
thread.

1. Have belief.
2. Hit winners
2. Don't play into his strengths. And luckily for Wawrinka
Djokovic shots land in his comfort zone.

But Medvedev in AO 19 or Simon in AO 16 pushed him significantly.

This is advice for guys without great offensive set, but I believe
you can rally with him, but feed him junkballs down the middle.

Once the "low" intensity rally starts going and the exchange last
over e.g. 20 shots, he's not in a dominant position anymore.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

PeteWasLucky

Jan 31, 2019, 1:15:35 PM1/31/19
> Layed out in this glorious highlight reel;
- Attack
- Counter attack
- Serve well
- Mix it up
- Use slice to change pace, angles and depth
- Approach the net a lot
- Early hitting
- Mix it up
- Serve volley
- Do anything but mindless rallying from the baseline
- Oh and of course pick a fastcourt to increase your chance of succes

Djokovic defense is awesome under pressure for about 1-1.5 hours. After an hour the effectiveness of his defense declines a lot and he becomes very vulnerable. This vulnerability became too obvious after he turned 30.
I guess this applies to the top three that their strength deteriorates after an hour or two due to their age.

So you want to beat them, stay very close in the score, hang around and you will be rewarded.

Djokovic isn't as super as people think, he was defeated twice in the last month of 2018.

Honestly it's up to the young guns to push hard now and pressure the top three. The top three are hanging tough but you can't beat youth if it's combined with determination.

Sawfish

Jan 31, 2019, 1:28:17 PM1/31/19
...and it seems that determination is what's in short supply, Pete.

--
--Sawfish
"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance."

PeteWasLucky

Jan 31, 2019, 1:43:14 PM1/31/19
> ...and it seems that determination is what's in short supply, Pete.

Correct

kaennorsing

Jan 31, 2019, 7:12:01 PM1/31/19
Op donderdag 31 januari 2019 17:00:14 UTC+1 schreef *skriptis:
> kaennorsing <ljub...@hotmail.com> Wrote in message:
> > Layed out in this glorious highlight reel;
> > - Attack
> > - Counter attack
> > - Serve well
> > - Mix it up
> > - Use slice to change pace, angles and depth
> > - Approach the net a lot
> > - Early hitting
> > - Mix it up
> > - Serve volley
> > - Do anything but mindless rallying from the baseline
> > - Oh and of course pick a fastcourt to increase your chance of succes
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mj1XDB-gtI
> >

> And a tune up. Nah.
>

> It's also a very complicated plan, asking you to excell in various
> categories. Even Federer can rarely do it with enough
> consistency.

Well, one has to be ambitious right? And I'm suggesting peak Djoker. Below par Fed/anyone else won't beat peak Djoker either way. With any tactic. One has to assume a top 10 player reaching far enough to play Djoker will have to summon his best form, the belief and the heart to execute the right game plan.

> Posting Wawrinka 14 AO is the best video you can post under this
> thread.
>
> 1. Have belief.
> 2. Hit winners
> 2. Don't play into his strengths. And luckily for Wawrinka
> Djokovic shots land in his comfort zone.

I think it's even more unlikely someone will be able to hit the ball as consistently big and precise as Stan did on both wings in order to beat peak Djoker/Rafa. Few can hit as big on any wing. Even inconsistently.

> But Medvedev in AO 19 or Simon in AO 16 pushed him significantly.
>
> This is advice for guys without great offensive set, but I believe
> you can rally with him, but feed him junkballs down the middle.
>

> Once the "low" intensity rally starts going and the exchange last
> over e.g. 20 shots, he's not in a dominant position anymore.

But do you really think that Djoker was at his best in those matches where that worked? Just bore him to death? I think that can only work for some unsuspecting opponent against whom Djoker is off his guard, expecting an easy match... If Rafa or Fed try to do this they get massacred imo.

The Iceberg

Jan 31, 2019, 7:56:33 PM1/31/19
Hahahhahahahhahahahahhhahhahhha hahahhhahhahhaha hahhahahahhahshhs hahahhahhahhhhahahhaha hahahhahhahhahhahhahahhahhahha hahahahhahhahhahhah hahahhaha

Great post PWL “go young guns you can do it” Lol!

Pelle Svanslös

Feb 1, 2019, 4:14:30 AM2/1/19
Is Djok arsed?

kaennorsing

Feb 1, 2019, 1:49:15 PM2/1/19
Op vrijdag 1 februari 2019 10:14:30 UTC+1 schreef Pelle Svanslös:
Sure. During Djoker's peak years he actually lost the majority of b03 matches to Fed… but won all (but 1) of the slam matches.

Partly mental: more pressure on Djoker in b03 (no chance of digging himself in and slowly grind Fed down) and no physical problem for Fed to keep his level up long enough.

kaennorsing

Feb 4, 2019, 4:23:27 AM2/4/19
Op donderdag 31 januari 2019 16:04:58 UTC+1 schreef kaennorsing:
Exhibit B
- All out attack
- Early striking
- Crisp volleying
- Use the slice for defense and counter attack
- Clutch play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScsuEqOmq0s

If a 33/34 year old can do it vs peak Djoker some ambitious youngsters should be able to against a post-peak one?