The ATP become a Seniors and Journeyman Tour

瀏覽次數:110 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

jamesrich...@gmail.com

未讀,
2017年6月25日 下午3:35:202017/6/25
收件者:
Its been an observable trend for a while now but this is by far the worst the worst state I have known it be in 30 years of following the sport. Every era has had a younger generation of great players who have stepped up, challenged and then usurped the existing elite, except this one.

The consequences of having a unprecedented shortage of top young players because the Millenials arent as interested or focused on the sport (and sport in general) is there for all those who wish to see it.

Whisper

未讀,
2017年6月26日 上午8:34:552017/6/26
收件者:
On 26/06/2017 5:35 AM, jamesrich...@gmail.com wrote:
> Its been an observable trend for a while now but this is by far the worst the worst state I have known it be in 30 years of following the sport. Every era has had a younger generation of great players who have stepped up, challenged and then usurped the existing elite, except this one.
>
> The consequences of having a unprecedented shortage of top young players because the Millenials arent as interested or focused on the sport (and sport in general) is there for all those who wish to see it.

The younger generation have no work ethic. The game is in big trouble.

---
http://www.avg.com

PeteWasLucky

未讀,
2017年6月26日 上午10:51:432017/6/26
收件者:
> The younger generation have no work ethic. The game is in big trouble.

The younger generation is all about power game and hard hitting, something that used to work in Sampras and Aggasi era but unfortunately it doesn't consistently work against the best two or three tennis players ever.

The Iceberg

未讀,
2017年6月26日 中午12:38:322017/6/26
收件者:
No. The younger game is just usually about laziness and partying and not bothering or getting upset when the going gets tough.

Shakes

未讀,
2017年6月26日 下午3:41:472017/6/26
收件者:
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 12:35:20 PM UTC-7, jamesrich...@gmail.com wrote:
> Its been an observable trend for a while now but this is by far the worst the worst state I have known it be in 30 years of following the sport. Every era has had a younger generation of great players who have stepped up, challenged and then usurped the existing elite, except this one.
>
> The consequences of having a unprecedented shortage of top young players because the Millenials arent as interested or focused on the sport (and sport in general) is there for all those who wish to see it.

Agree with you here. I only tune in to watch the second week of slams. Never before was there such a paucity of skill in the younger generations.

Court_1

未讀,
2017年6月26日 晚上7:37:042017/6/26
收件者:
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 3:41:47 PM UTC-4, Shakes wrote:

> Agree with you here. I only tune in to watch the second week of slams. Never before was there such a paucity of skill in the younger generations.

It sounds like somebody's getting nervous about the possible #8 Wimbledon? ;)

Shakes

未讀,
2017年6月26日 晚上9:14:082017/6/26
收件者:
:) Who can we call to jinx the Fed ?

Whisper

未讀,
2017年6月26日 晚上9:50:582017/6/26
收件者:
On 27/06/2017 12:51 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> The younger generation have no work ethic. The game is in big trouble.
>
> The younger generation is all about power game and hard hitting, something that used to work in Sampras and Aggasi era but unfortunately it doesn't consistently work against the best two or three tennis players ever.

Very dumb analysis. You convince noone trying to have a dig at superior
players from the past.

Court_1

未讀,
2017年6月26日 晚上10:00:232017/6/26
收件者:
So for you, you just want to see "any" player beat Federer at Wimbledon so he doesn't get #8? I know you don't like Nadal much either so are you ok with him winning another Wimbledon?

Whisper

未讀,
2017年6月26日 晚上10:05:552017/6/26
收件者:
Semis for me, unless an interesting match with eg Kyrgios type.

Shakes

未讀,
2017年6月27日 凌晨1:33:432017/6/27
收件者:
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 7:00:23 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:14:08 PM UTC-4, Shakes wrote:

> > :) Who can we call to jinx the Fed ?
>
> So for you, you just want to see "any" player beat Federer at Wimbledon so he doesn't get #8?

I was just pulling your leg. :) As a Sampras fan, I want his Wim record to stay, even if it's shared.

> I know you don't like Nadal much either so are you ok with him winning another Wimbledon?

I am surprised to say this, but I am not emotionally involved in any player to really care who wins. I was hoping Djok would turn the corner sometime into the year, but he's still in limbo. Never before have I been so disinterested in the game. :(

ahonkan

未讀,
2017年6月27日 凌晨1:43:012017/6/27
收件者:
On Monday, 26 June 2017 18:04:55 UTC+5:30, Whisper wrote:

> The younger generation have no work ethic. The game is in big trouble.

You mean 'work ethic' like Mac & Agassi who wasted away their prime years?
0 則新訊息