(OT) Some fake news

Brian W Lawrence

Jun 29, 2017, 4:09:17 AM6/29/17

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html?utm_term=.8dcf87a7deb8>

"The framed copy of Time magazine was hung up in at least five of
President Trump’s clubs, from South Florida to Scotland. Filling the
entire cover was a photo of Donald Trump.

“Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” the big headline
said. Above the Time nameplate, there was another headline in all caps:
“TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS . . . EVEN TV!”

This cover — dated March 1, 2009 — looks like an impressive memento from
Trump’s pre-presidential career. To club members eating lunch, or
golfers waiting for a pro-shop purchase, it seemed to be a signal that
Trump had always been a man who mattered. Even when he was just a
reality TV star, Trump was the kind of star who got a cover story in Time.

But that wasn’t true.

The Time cover is a fake.

There was no March 1, 2009, issue of Time magazine. And there was no
issue at all in 2009 that had Trump on the cover."

lol

---

The Iceberg

Jun 29, 2017, 5:13:57 AM6/29/17
To think some journo was so obsessed, petty and dull as to look it up! Wash post lol

TT

Jun 29, 2017, 10:27:28 AM6/29/17
The Iceberg kirjoitti 29.6.2017 klo 12:13:
> To think some journo was so obsessed, petty and dull as to look it up! Wash post lol

How about some being so obsesses, petty and dull to fake a Time Magazine
cover...

TT

Jun 29, 2017, 10:29:32 AM6/29/17
This is in essence Trump. Lies and boasting while everything is fake.

TT

Jun 29, 2017, 10:37:31 AM6/29/17
Art of the deal...

*skriptis

Jun 29, 2017, 11:01:03 AM6/29/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
Humor, maybe?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 29, 2017, 4:03:24 PM6/29/17
A nice joke!
You really think someone would be so naive to believe that "cover" to be a real one??
Maybe some humourless leftist, but else, real people?

Max

jdeluise

Jun 29, 2017, 4:09:33 PM6/29/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:03:22 -0700, calimero377 wrote:

> A nice joke!
> You really think someone would be so naive to believe that "cover" to be
> a real one??
> Maybe some humourless leftist, but else, real people?

Had Brian not revealed it was fake I could imagine an rster or two
gloating that they have that issue in mint condition...

bmo...@nyx.net

Jun 29, 2017, 6:08:42 PM6/29/17
Why not? Apparently there is a real Newsweek hanging next to it...

bob

Jun 29, 2017, 9:04:06 PM6/29/17
wouldn't be me, in canceled my time subscription last yr along with a
few others.

bob