Rafa being Rafa

1 view

Patrick Kehoe

Jan 15, 2011, 12:52:21 AM1/15/11
Nadal shrugged off the favourite's tag.

"No. For sure no," Nadal said.

"Every tournament is completely different. I'm going to try my best to
play well ... but I for sure am feeling less favourite than him
(Federer) and not more favourite than (Novak) Djokovic, (Andy) Murray,
(Robin) Soderling, these kinds of players."
------------

The guy has won the last 3 slams in a row and he's world #1 by a
zillion points but he's not the favourite???

Good lord this rhetorical dodge of his is getting old!

Come on Rafa step up, man up, lad!

Manco

Jan 15, 2011, 3:20:33 AM1/15/11
It's his way of psychologically gaining an edge. He just can't handle
being the favorite off clay.

Manco

Jan 15, 2011, 3:21:50 AM1/15/11
Humbalito strikes again....

PeteWasLucky

Jan 15, 2011, 5:02:26 AM1/15/11

Some people don't like Federer's comments but the guy has been fair
and consistent. When they called Murray favorite one year, he couldn't
let it go and now for sure Nadal is the top favorite winning the last
slams and being the number one player in the world. I understand Nadal
is probably unable to handle the pressure of being the top favorite
but this makes me respect how Federer played all these slams and
finals in his career calling himself the top favorite and welcoming
the challenge any day.

drew

Jan 15, 2011, 7:24:07 AM1/15/11

He's not going to give these guys anything but respect until he's on
the court.

wkhedr

Jan 15, 2011, 7:34:30 AM1/15/11
> the court.- Hide quoted text -

Calling himself the favorite doesn't mean he doesn't respect other
players.
Let's talk logic, who should be the favorite to win the AO?
Roddick? Murray?Djokovic?no,no,no

Federer?Nadal?yes,yes

Choosing one:Fed or Nad?

It has to be Nad.

TT

Jan 15, 2011, 2:54:52 PM1/15/11
15.1.2011 10:20, Manco kirjoitti:
> It's his way of psychologically gaining an edge. He just can't handle
> being the favorite off clay.

How does he handle being favourite on clay?

TT

Jan 15, 2011, 2:56:30 PM1/15/11

Maybe because he's not even healthy couple days before the event starts...

Giovanna

Jan 15, 2011, 3:00:32 PM1/15/11

> Maybe because he's not even healthy c

LOL

Giovanna

Jan 15, 2011, 3:02:29 PM1/15/11

> The guy has won the last 3 slams in a row and he's world #1 by a
> zillion points but he's not the favourite???

ikr???? he's a joke

Patrick Kehoe

Jan 15, 2011, 3:46:31 PM1/15/11
> the court.- Hide quoted text -

Remember in 2008 before the FO (as 3 time winner) he tried to make Fed
the favourite... it WORKED :))))))

But it was BULLSHIT... and he knew it... and dim wits say he was being
humble... he was playing games!

RzR

Jan 16, 2011, 7:59:01 AM1/16/11
On 15.1.2011. 21:00, Giovanna wrote:

>> Maybe because he's not even healthy c
>
> LOL

yeah

the lows some people will sink to is amazing :)))