Was Rafa concussed?

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 5:50:38 AM7/12/17

I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
- but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.

How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?

---
http://www.avg.com

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 12, 2017, 6:06:53 AM7/12/17
On 12/07/2017 10:50, Whisper wrote:

> I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
> - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.
>
> How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
> form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?

He did bump his head just before going on court. Waiting with Muller he
did a jump and banged his head on the door frame:

<http://www.firstpost.com/sports/wimbledon-2017-day-7-highlights-rafael-nadals-head-banging-act-benoit-paires-beard-and-more-3799833.html>

---

John Liang

Jul 12, 2017, 6:07:22 AM7/12/17
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:50:38 PM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
> I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
> - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.

Pretty lame excuses, he is pretty fit player and they played on grass the points are usually short, and his opponent is older than him.

> How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
> form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?

Was that a surprise given he had his runs of out at Wimbledon winning about 5 matches in 4 he played. He had 3 big hitters in his draw and the surprise is Muller took him out, most thought Cilic would take him out in QF.

ahonkan

Jul 12, 2017, 6:10:07 AM7/12/17
On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 15:37:22 UTC+5:30, John Liang wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:50:38 PM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
> > I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
> > - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.
>
> Pretty lame excuses, he is pretty fit player and they played on grass the points are usually short, and his opponent is older than him.
>

> > How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
> > form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?

Refer to your words: "If he's on the court. He's good enough to play.
No excuses." The concussion excuse is lame even by your standards.

The Iceberg

Jul 12, 2017, 6:25:49 AM7/12/17
On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 11:06:53 UTC+1, Brian W Lawrence wrote:
> On 12/07/2017 10:50, Whisper wrote:
> >

> > I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
> > - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.
> >
> > How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
> > form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?
>
> He did bump his head just before going on court. Waiting with Muller he
> did a jump and banged his head on the door frame:

yes this was probably the problem and also that Muller played the best, most focused, most dedicated match he's ever played in his entire life, course he would've just folded vs Fed.

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 6:35:06 AM7/12/17
On 12/07/2017 8:06 PM, Brian W Lawrence wrote:
> On 12/07/2017 10:50, Whisper wrote:
>>

>> I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked
>> slow - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.
>>
>> How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
>> form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?
>
> He did bump his head just before going on court. Waiting with Muller he
> did a jump and banged his head on the door frame:
>

> <http://www.firstpost.com/sports/wimbledon-2017-day-7-highlights-rafael-nadals-head-banging-act-benoit-paires-beard-and-more-3799833.html>

Very loud bang when he hit his head. Rafa tried to laugh it off but
those around him were alarmed.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 6:36:23 AM7/12/17
On 12/07/2017 8:07 PM, John Liang wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:50:38 PM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
>> I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
>> - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.
>
> Pretty lame excuses, he is pretty fit player and they played on grass the points are usually short, and his opponent is older than him.
>

>> How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
>> form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?
>
> Was that a surprise given he had his runs of out at Wimbledon winning about 5 matches in 4 he played. He had 3 big hitters in his draw and the surprise is Muller took him out, most thought Cilic would take him out in QF.

I thought Muller would be dangerous, but to lead 63 64 leads me to think
concussion was a factor? And yes Cilic is looking ominous.

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 6:38:10 AM7/12/17
On 12/07/2017 8:10 PM, ahonkan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 15:37:22 UTC+5:30, John Liang wrote:
>> On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:50:38 PM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
>>> I didn't see the match except for the last few pts, where he looked slow
>>> - but that would be due to being on court for 5 hrs.
>>
>> Pretty lame excuses, he is pretty fit player and they played on grass the points are usually short, and his opponent is older than him.
>>

>>> How was the play in the 1st 2 sets? I'm guessing nothing like his FO
>>> form. Maybe he was concussed & finally came to in set 3?
>>
> Refer to your words: "If he's on the court. He's good enough to play.
> No excuses." The concussion excuse is lame even by your standards.

It's not an excuse, but may have played a big role in losing 1st 2 sets.
Ask a doctor & see what they say.

John Liang

Jul 12, 2017, 6:47:21 AM7/12/17
Sorry, Nadal had 3 weeks break between FO and Wimbledon, he played two exo in that time. At Wimbledon he had 3 straight sets wins, he played a total of 9 sets with only 1 set going to a tiebreak. I don't know how you can explain your way with tiredness as an excuse for Nadal. Nadal played an opponent that is older than him and has been on court much longer for his 3 matches. If anything Muller should be a lot more tired than Nadal going into this match.

John Liang

Jul 12, 2017, 6:50:20 AM7/12/17
The problem is Nadal needed to lift his game to beat Muller and he could not do it. Don't blame Muller for beating Nadal. I am sure most of the players that beat Nadal in the last four or five Wimbledons would not beat Federer.

Court_1

Jul 12, 2017, 7:14:10 AM7/12/17
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6:36:23 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

> I thought Muller would be dangerous,

No you didn't. Stop lying.

> but to lead 63 64 leads me to think
> concussion was a factor? And yes Cilic is looking ominous.

Nadal played well for the most part. The match went five sets and was 15-13 in the fifth after all.

The problem is that Nadal's ROS on grass is a weakness vs big servers. You can't write this result off as an anomaly when Nadal has lost early at Wimbledon to big hitting/big serving guys for six years. That's your BOAT?

Now would be a good time to act like a normal human being and say your prediction that Nadal would beat Federer in the final in straights was way out of whack.

And lol @ you pinning your hopes on Cilic beating Federer in the final. Let's see if Cilic can get by Murray (assuming they meet.) Hopefully Federer can beat Raonic.

SliceAndDice

Jul 12, 2017, 8:38:53 AM7/12/17
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6:36:23 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
You picked him to go out in the first round. How about giving Muller some credit? Not many players would have hung with Nadal in the 5th set like he did. And he has beaten Nadal here before, so no fluke.

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 8:47:19 AM7/12/17
That was tongue in cheek. Of course I didn't think he'd be playing this
well, but I thought he'd win a set & have t/b's etc. I also see he just
won 1st set v Cilic 6-3 with *2 breaks*. One would think he'd be tired
& Cilic well rested?

The Iceberg

Jul 12, 2017, 9:11:23 AM7/12/17
it's very difficult when the guy is going all out, maxing and doing anything he can possibly do physically, just like Rosol did and Darcis who nearly broke his own arm trying to get Nadal out of the contest so Fed could get to the final that time.

RaspingDrive

Jul 12, 2017, 9:11:58 AM7/12/17
Trying to jump up and down like a monkey where he did appeared amusing. Apparently he appears to be blithely unaware that there is a place for such things.

The Iceberg

Jul 12, 2017, 9:12:57 AM7/12/17
it's not tiredness, it was concussion, he hit his head, it's really hard to understand as this is what the thread is about, did you miss that in the above post and link?

The Iceberg

Jul 12, 2017, 9:13:44 AM7/12/17
how messed up is that, Courto wants Fed to beat a Canadian.

Tim

Jul 12, 2017, 9:33:55 AM7/12/17
Was anyone else to blame for Nadal bumping his head ? He shouldn't have
been such a prat.

--
Please support mental health research and world community grid
http://www.mentalhealthresearchuk.org.uk/

Tim

Jul 12, 2017, 9:41:47 AM7/12/17
He recovered enough to win the 3rd and 4th sets but then relapsed to
lose the 5th set?

There's always an excuse when Rafa loses by the Rafatards. Sometimes he
just loses to the better player on the day.

ahonkan

Jul 12, 2017, 10:06:00 AM7/12/17
On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 19:03:55 UTC+5:30, Tim wrote:
> On 12/07/2017 11:34, Whisper wrote:

> >> He did bump his head just before going on court. Waiting with Muller he
> >> did a jump and banged his head on the door frame:
> >>

> >> <http://www.firstpost.com/sports/wimbledon-2017-day-7-highlights-rafael-nadals-head-banging-act-benoit-paires-beard-and-more-3799833.html>
> >>

> > Very loud bang when he hit his head. Rafa tried to laugh it off but
> > those around him were alarmed.
> >

> > ---
> > http://www.avg.com
> >

> Was anyone else to blame for Nadal bumping his head ? He shouldn't have
> been such a prat.

Icey would blame a crazy drunk Fedfan for Nadal's bump. Or maybe Fed
paid the carpenters to lower the door frame. Icey must know! :-)

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 10:09:13 AM7/12/17
On 12/07/2017 11:33 PM, Tim wrote:
> On 12/07/2017 11:34, Whisper wrote:

>>> He did bump his head just before going on court. Waiting with Muller he
>>> did a jump and banged his head on the door frame:
>>>

>>> <http://www.firstpost.com/sports/wimbledon-2017-day-7-highlights-rafael-nadals-head-banging-act-benoit-paires-beard-and-more-3799833.html>
>>>

>> Very loud bang when he hit his head. Rafa tried to laugh it off but
>> those around him were alarmed.

Sure it was immature, but hey he wears his heart on his sleeve & was
trying to get pumped.