Novak Djokovic vows to help former coach Boris Becker after German declares bankruptcy

*skriptis

Jun 27, 2017, 1:30:04 PM6/27/17
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/tennis/3890486/novak-djokovic-vows-
to-help-former-coach-boris-becker-after-german-declares-bankruptcy/

'HE CAN COUNT ON ME' Novak Djokovic vows to help former coach
Boris Becker after German declares bankruptcy

Former world No1 also admits his relationship with new adviser
Andre Agassi is still a work in progress ahead of
Wimbledon

By Dan King
26th June 2017, 11:05 pm
Updated: 26th June 2017, 11:11 pm

NOVAK DJOKOVIC has pledged to help former coach Boris Becker ? but
admits the relationship with new adviser Andre Agassi is still a
work in progress.
Becker was declared bankrupt last week over a £3.34million debt to
a private bank.

Novak Djokovic has vowed to help former coach Boris Becker
Djokovic, who won six of his 12 Grand Slams with Becker in his
camp before they split at the end of last year, said: ?We?re
still friends.
Keep up to date with ALL the latest tennis news, gossip and rumours
?Even though we are not working with each other, we are still very
close in terms of communication.
?I love Boris as a person, and as a coach he contributed a lot to
my life and to my career.
?So if I can, you know, be of any help to him, that?s what I told
him, I?m always there for him. He can count on me.?
Boris Becker was declared bankrupt after owing over £3million to a
private bank

But can Djokovic count on Agassi? That?s the big on-court question
for the former world No1 as he tries to dig himself out a
year-long slump dating back to Wimbledon 2016.
Many in tennis, including John McEnroe, have questioned whether
Agassi can give Djokovic enough of his time and expertise, given
his family and business commitments back home in Las
Vegas.
Agassi left the French Open at the end of the first week, just
before Djokovic crashed out to Dominic Thiem.
And according to the Serb, their informal tie-up will resume only
next weekend, on the eve of Wimbledon.
Andre Agassi is Novak Djokovic?s new advisor
For this week in Eastbourne, where he is playing in the Aegon
International, only his agent Eduardo Artaldi and his physio will
be with him.
Djokovic said: ?Andre will be in London for Wimbledon.
?He will stay as long as I stay in the tournament, so that?s great
news. ?Obviously Roland Garros, the eight or nine days that we
spent together, were very valuable for me to get to know him, to
learn from him.
?We shared a lot of experiences on and off the court, you know,
things that he has been through that I can relate to and vice
versa.
Novak Djokovic admits his relationship with Andre Agassi is still
a work in progress
?So having him around is not only great for myself but also for tennis.
?Getting to know him in Paris, I can see how much he cares about
the game, how much he knows the game.
?I?m just looking forward to spend as much quality time with Andre
as I can.
?For now, you know, we?re going with the flow in a way.
?Andre has a very busy life. He has big family, he lives in West
Coast of America. He?s got his foundation, his businesses, has
many, many things in his life that are consuming a lot of
time.
?First of all, I appreciate all his consideration to work with me
and to be with me.
?So we don?t have anything formal. We don?t have anything signed.
Novak Djokovic is hoping to get his career back on track after a
rollercoaster year
?It?s just as much as he can or he feels to be with me that I
embrace that, I accept that, and I?m grateful for
it.?
For a man whose life on and off the court has been a rollercoaster
ride for the last year, Djokovic is remarkably calm. Perhaps too
calm.

McEnroe accused the Serb of basically giving up towards the end of
his straight sets defeat by Thiem in Paris.
Djokovic is clearly willing to try anything to restore his mojo.

Having split with Becker and his entire backroom team earlier in
the year, he will now play a pre-Wimbledon event for the first
time since 2010.
Novak Djokovic is at Eastbourne preparing for Wimbledon
He said: ?I honestly don?t know how people reacted to that defeat
because I wasn?t paying attention.
?It was unfortunate for me to end up that match the way I did, but
it happens.
?I?m aware of the fact that I?m not at the level that I was in the
previous years, but, you know, sooner or later this kind of
circumstances and experiences had to happen.
?I have to try to work on the court and off the court in order to
figure out a way how to get back on the desired level.
Novak Djokovic split with Boris Becker and his entire coaching
staff this year
?I?m in the process. How long it?s going to take, I don?t know.
?As I move on, you know, I?m at the same time as confident and
vulnerable as I can be because I?m a human being.
?I learn through this process, and I?m open for any kind of
lessons that life, throws my way.?
Novak Djokovic to have Andre Agassi in his corner throughout Wimbledon
COMMENTS NOW
REX FEATURES

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----