time to ditch Davis Cup

1 view

Scott

Jul 8, 2011, 6:14:25 PM7/8/11
Murray plays a world #1200+ and the match has to go 3 sets?

Federer spends most of his life away from Switzerland, even trains in
Dubai, and he's playing for Switzerland?

how about Djokovic. he lives in Monaco. (expect Tomic to join him).
The Monaco-living Djokovic plays for Serbia?

how about Sharapova. moved to Florida when about 13. she plays for
Russia!

I think the ATP needs to ditch Davis Cup. i'd rather see a masters
series event in China than this.

Booger

Jul 8, 2011, 6:30:19 PM7/8/11

I don't know about getting rid of it since it does have some history
but I do agree that Davis Cup is a joke. I love how some try to make
it out to be an important checkbox on a singles players resume when
you can have a Davis Cup win under your name and not even play in the
final. Making tennis in to a "team" event just doesn't work when so
much is out of your control of a player.

Thomas R. Kettler

Jul 8, 2011, 7:11:33 PM7/8/11
In article
<0f977c8d-3602-413f...@s17g2000yqs.googlegroups.com>,
Scott <scot...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Well, they must have some tennis referees with extremely bad eyesight to
think Sharapova is a man so she can play Davis Cup. Does she also play
Fed Cup (Federation Cup) for Russia?
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Shakes

Jul 8, 2011, 7:15:56 PM7/8/11
On Jul 8, 4:11 pm, "Thomas R. Kettler" <tkett...@blownfuse.net> wrote:
> In article
> <0f977c8d-3602-413f-9860-c21712c5a...@s17g2000yqs.googlegroups.com>,

lol !!

Thomas R. Kettler

Jul 8, 2011, 7:26:40 PM7/8/11
In article
<68a93972-e86a-4a82...@29g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Shakes <kvcs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> lol !!

Thank you.

Katya

Jul 8, 2011, 7:55:55 PM7/8/11
DC is an ITF event but, yes, the ATP puts pressure on it with its own
calendar.
Over 10k+ people in Austin kept yelling and were very agitated the past
three hours or so. I trust they were not in pain, though clearly it
looked like a group affliction.

(One of the 10k+ is Rodjk)

bob

Jul 8, 2011, 8:36:03 PM7/8/11
On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:14:25 -0700 (PDT), Scott <scot...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

rather than ditch davis cup, i'd rather ditch some tuneup tournaments
that players are forced to play. shorten the yr.

bob