On another note--Edberg really has found the fountain of youth.

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:10:09 AM7/16/17
He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

Federer Fanatic

Jul 16, 2017, 11:12:04 AM7/16/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 08:10:08 -0700 (PDT), Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
| He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

Perhap the lovely next to him is partly responsible?

FF
--

The measure of a man is what he does with power.
- Plato

Gracchus

Jul 16, 2017, 11:12:46 AM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:10:09 AM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

The "fountain of youth" is probably just living a cleaner, healthier life than contemporaries like Boris "Goldfinger" Becker. And perhaps the Swedish genes too.

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:15:08 AM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 11:12:04 AM UTC-4, Federer Fanatic wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 08:10:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
> | He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.
>

> Perhap the lovely next to him is partly responsible?
>
> FF

The blonde woman? That's his wife isn't it?

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 16, 2017, 11:15:41 AM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 5:10:09 PM UTC+2, Court_1 wrote:
> He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

IMO, Graf looks even better!

Max

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:16:49 AM7/16/17
For sure good genes. All of that sun damage after years on the tour has made most of the players look 10 years older but not Edberg (and he has fair skin!)

Gracchus

Jul 16, 2017, 11:22:21 AM7/16/17
And look at Borg vs. Vilas these days too. Vilas looks haggard whereas except for the white hair, Borg hasn't changed that much (of course he did retire young, but still).

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:26:50 AM7/16/17
Yeah, Borg looks good too. Probably second best behind Edberg.

rec.sport.tennis

Jul 16, 2017, 11:31:06 AM7/16/17
McEnroe is in the best shape. OK his hair is grey but otherwise he is a
fine specimen.

Federer Fanatic

Jul 16, 2017, 11:31:09 AM7/16/17
Yes. At least that's what the BBC commentator said.

John Liang

Jul 16, 2017, 11:34:45 AM7/16/17
Annette Edberg. They are a beautiful couple.

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 11:37:36 AM7/16/17
On 7/16/2017 10:10 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

Agreed. Looks better than he did 30 years ago.

---

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 6:47:02 AM7/17/17
On 17/07/2017 1:31 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 08:15:07 -0700 (PDT), Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> |>

> |> Perhap the lovely next to him is partly responsible?
> |>
> |> FF
> |
> | The blonde woman? That's his wife isn't it?
>

> Yes. At least that's what the BBC commentator said.
>
> FF

Wilander's ex.

---
http://www.avg.com

steveh...@yahoo.com.au

Jul 17, 2017, 7:19:10 AM7/17/17
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 1:16:49 AM UTC+10, Court_1 wrote:

> For sure good genes. All of that sun damage after years on the tour has made most of the players look 10 years older but not Edberg (and he has fair skin!)

Quite possibly *because* he has fair skin - there's a good chance he's taken better care in the sun.

stephenJ

Jul 17, 2017, 8:50:15 AM7/17/17
On 7/17/2017 5:46 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 17/07/2017 1:31 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 08:15:07 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>> <olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> | The blonde woman? That's his wife isn't it?
>>

>> Yes. At least that's what the BBC commentator said.

> Wilander's ex.

It was strange seeing her yesterday up close during the ceremonies
because I hadn't seen a picture of video of her in decades, didn't even
know if they were still married. I recall that 25+ years ago, I thought
she was gorgeous, maybe the hottest of all the tennis player girls. Then
to see her now, i guess 50, was disconcerting, LOL.

Still pretty, but much plumper and you can see the years. Happens to
everyone, LOL.

---

SliceAndDice

Jul 17, 2017, 1:33:32 PM7/17/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 11:10:09 AM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
> He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

Fed and he exchanged a warm hug and pleasantries after the win. Was nice to see that they are still friends and in touch. Edberg deserves a lot of credit for how good Fed has been volleying these days and for laying the foundation for his ultra-aggressive style, a style Ljubicic has subsequently tweaked for the modern game.

Shakes

Jul 17, 2017, 8:52:11 PM7/17/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:10:09 AM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.

I thought you were very neutral towards Edberg back in his heyday ?

dn.u...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2017, 10:04:27 PM7/17/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017, Court_1 wrote:

> For sure good genes. All of that sun damage after years on the tour has made most of the players look 10 years older but not Edberg (and he has fair skin!)

While the woman who beat Serena Williams at USO-2015 to deny her Grand Slam looked like a member of Senior Tour for players above 55, many players do look their age only. Chris Evert, Navratilova, Connors, McEnroe, Lendl, Clijsters, et al do not look older than their age.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 12:26:29 AM7/18/17
I was. But what does that have to do with my observation that Edberg has aged fabulously?

Shakes

Jul 18, 2017, 2:41:28 AM7/18/17
Nothing actually. But I thought you meant to say he is very good looking now. So I became curious as to how you didn't think he was great looking in his youth but now you find him very good looking. If, by phenomenal, you are referring to his not ageing, then that answers my query.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 5:41:08 AM7/18/17
Speaking as a heterosexual male Edberg was clearly better looking in his
youth. Sure he's stylish today & a nice guy, but he doesn't look young
at all imo.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 6:04:27 AM7/18/17
Young Stefan:

http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/images/stefan-edberg-2.jpg

Today:

https://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/65/34/65344303cd7b461a804e776d75d83b04/16x9/680.jpg

Looks like a grandfather today as far as I can tell? Women look at men
differently I guess.

John Liang

Jul 18, 2017, 8:03:00 AM7/18/17
Compare to his arch rival Becker, he looks 10-15 years younger.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 8:34:02 AM7/18/17
I think he's aged well. I think he was always attractive (not really my cup of tea but attractive) but I find that he is more elegant looking these days if that makes sense.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 8:35:02 AM7/18/17
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 5:41:08 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
> On 18/07/2017 2:26 PM, Court_1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I thought you were very neutral towards Edberg back in his heyday ?
> >
> > I was. But what does that have to do with my observation that Edberg has aged fabulously?
> >

> Speaking as a heterosexual male Edberg was clearly better looking in his
> youth. Sure he's stylish today & a nice guy, but he doesn't look young
> at all imo.

I disagree. I think in some ways he looks better today. He's aged well compared to the other tennis greats.

TT

Jul 18, 2017, 9:00:36 AM7/18/17
Well you like old raisins anyway. :-P

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 9:24:06 AM7/18/17

Shakes

Jul 18, 2017, 12:19:50 PM7/18/17
I see what you are saying, and I agree that he is more elegant now than he was during his playing days.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 18, 2017, 1:00:29 PM7/18/17
But he was gay, wasn't he?

Max

Whisper

Jul 19, 2017, 6:00:21 AM7/19/17
My brother in law's new partner (attractive 40 yr old, looks a bit like
Julianne Hough) said the same about me when we met for the 1st time a
few weeks ago. She was looking at old wedding/family photos etc. Also
making comments like 'Wow you obviously work out', 'I think you look
better now' etc. I don't know how my bro in law described me but she
looked stunned/incredulous when we met, so probably not a glowing
description : ) Yes I've been pumping at the gym 4 times a week for
last couple of yrs, but I definitely think I was a lot better looking in
my 20's & 30's. But hey I'll take all compliments no worries.

: )

Whisper

Jul 19, 2017, 6:40:19 AM7/19/17
Bisexual apparently, so yes gay. Certainly looks it in that pic.

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 8:00:37 AM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:40:19 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

> Bisexual apparently, so yes gay. Certainly looks it in that pic.

Grant doesn't look gay in that picture, far from it. He looks masculine in that picture. He was incredibly handsome(ask most women.) That picture is a picture of him in the movie "Destination Tokyo."

Gracchus

Jul 19, 2017, 10:54:46 AM7/19/17
Movie stars are fantasy objects to the public anyway. So what he was is less important than what he appears to be. I don't think Grant seemed effeminate in any of the films I've seen him in. But it's likely that he was gay/bisexual. There are more rumors about him going way back than with your average movie star. And then there's that Randolph Scott thing.

Recently I read Robbie Robertson's memoir, and he talked about having Cary Grant as a neighbor for a while in L.A. He said [not exact quote], "We had heard that Cary was gay, but underwent LSD therapy in the 1950s to enable him to have relationships with women."

The LSD therapy is documented, but I don't know of a source connecting it with Grant's sexuality. Could be just rumor, but sounds feasible. We know he did have relationships with women, though Dyan Cannon said he liked to wear women's underwear, so...

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 19, 2017, 2:25:48 PM7/19/17
About 75 % of Hollywood actors are gay. Why do you think the film industry is so liberal, supporting Dem candidates and causes no matter what?

Max

Gracchus

Jul 19, 2017, 2:52:04 PM7/19/17
Higher percentage of compassionate people, better informed on world issues and more concerned about societal improvement than solely increasing their own wealth at the expense of others? Too many are Clintonites to be sure, but still better than your typical Republican vulture.

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 3:27:31 PM7/19/17
We'll never know but if I had to guess I would say he was probably bisexual. I believe the Randolph Scott rumor but I read a book written by Maureen Donaldson who was a photographer and who allegedly had a relationship with Grant after his marriage to Dyan Cannon. She was pretty specific about their sexual exploits. He seemed to have had a real and decent relationship with the final wife(Barbara Harris) and seemed to(?) have finally found some measure of happiness with a woman.

With respect to the LSD therapy, I have heard that rumor that he did it to have relationships with women but I think Grant himself stated that he did the LSD therapy not so that he could have relationships with women in the first place but so that he could have a successful relationship with a woman. He had a really horrible and traumatic childhood and had trouble maintaining stability in a relationship and had his demons. His then wife Betsy Drake(who he was married to for almost 15 years) suggested he try the LSD therapy as a way to try and save their marriage.

As for the women's underwear thing, surprisingly Grant admitted he liked to wear them as they were more comfortable.

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 3:34:25 PM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 2:52:04 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

>Too many are Clintonites to be sure, but still better than your typical Republican vulture.

Says the Colonel Bernie "let's burn all successful people at the stake and make them support the lazy bums in society " Sanders worshipper! *rolls eyes*

Gracchus

Jul 19, 2017, 4:07:44 PM7/19/17
I haven't heard the stake-burning suggestion before, but it sounds like a plan!

Gracchus

Jul 19, 2017, 4:13:07 PM7/19/17
Could be, but then if the "other issue" were a factor, he probably would have omitted it. Maybe when Grant was on acid, his wife looked like Randolph Scott.

> As for the women's underwear thing, surprisingly Grant admitted he liked to wear them as they were more comfortable.

Same reason J. Edgar Hoover liked to wear dresses and rouge, right? :)

Shakes

Jul 19, 2017, 5:48:08 PM7/19/17
Apparently, it was quite common in Medieval Europe. :)

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 5:50:41 PM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 4:13:07 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

> Maybe when Grant was on acid, his wife looked like Randolph Scott.

LOL. Randolph may have been prettier than his wife Betsy Drake. :) She wasn't really much of a looker IMO.

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:06:08 PM7/19/17
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:27:29 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:54:46 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

>> > Grant doesn't look gay in that picture, far from it. He looks masculine in that picture. He was incredibly handsome(ask most women.) That picture is a picture of him in the movie "Destination Tokyo."
>>
>> Movie stars are fantasy objects to the public anyway. So what he was is less important than what he appears to be. I don't think Grant seemed effeminate in any of the films I've seen him in. But it's likely that he was gay/bisexual. There are more rumors about him going way back than with your average movie star. And then there's that Randolph Scott thing.
>>
>> Recently I read Robbie Robertson's memoir, and he talked about having Cary Grant as a neighbor for a while in L.A. He said [not exact quote], "We had heard that Cary was gay, but underwent LSD therapy in the 1950s to enable him to have relationships with women."
>>
>> The LSD therapy is documented, but I don't know of a source connecting it with Grant's sexuality. Could be just rumor, but sounds feasible. We know he did have relationships with women, though Dyan Cannon said he liked to wear women's underwear, so...
>
>We'll never know but if I had to guess I would say he was probably bisexual. I believe the Randolph Scott rumor but I read a book written by Maureen Donaldson who was a photographer and who allegedly had a relationship with Grant after his marriage to Dyan Cannon. She was pretty specific about their sexual exploits. He seemed to have had a real and decent relationship with the final wife(Barbara Harris) and seemed to(?) have finally found some measure of happiness with a woman.
>
>With respect to the LSD therapy, I have heard that rumor that he did it to have relationships with women but I think Grant himself stated that he did the LSD therapy not so that he could have relationships with women in the first place but so that he could have a successful relationship with a woman.

where can i get some of this LSD stuff? :-)

> He had a really horrible and traumatic childhood and had trouble maintaining stability in a relationship and had his demons. His then wife Betsy Drake(who he was married to for almost 15 years) suggested he try the LSD therapy as a way to try and save their marriage.
>As for the women's underwear thing, surprisingly Grant admitted he liked to wear them as they were more comfortable.

bob

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:22:47 PM7/19/17
there you go again. pics?

bob

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:25:42 PM7/19/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 08:12:44 -0700 (PDT), Gracchus
<grac...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:10:09 AM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
>> He looks phenomenal. The best by far out of all the past greats.
>
>The "fountain of youth" is probably just living a cleaner, healthier life than contemporaries like Boris "Goldfinger" Becker.

lol "bankrupcy" boris!

> And perhaps the Swedish genes too.

bob

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:27:14 PM7/19/17
agassi was your cup of tea

bob

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:41:03 PM7/19/17
the country is so split atm that it's hard to talk about any specific
group w/out everyone generalizing what a "republican" or "democrat"
is.

while it's true that many multimillionaire industrialists bilking the
workers vote republican, it's also true that many lower middle class
hard working family people also vote republican.

while it's true that many very wealthy people (who live like
republicans) make up the liberal elite and vote democrat, it's also
true that many hard working poor vote democrat and many non-working
poor also vote democrat.

it's a shame to see our country this split, and so many people this
angry with no signs of giving up. i couldn't stand hillary, but if she
won i would never behave like this toward the elected president. i'd
hope she did well, as us citizens feel her results, and try again 4
yrs. this nonstop ranting and hatred (kill trump posters, hang trump
stuff, F trump chants at events, media constantly throwing left hooks)
isn't good for the country.

bob

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 10:44:50 PM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 7:22:47 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:50:40 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>

> >On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 4:13:07 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe when Grant was on acid, his wife looked like Randolph Scott.
> >
> >LOL. Randolph may have been prettier than his wife Betsy Drake. :) She wasn't really much of a looker IMO.
>
> there you go again. pics?
>
> bob

Google her yourself. Plain as could be.

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 10:49:43 PM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 7:27:14 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 05:34:00 -0700 (PDT), Court_1

Not looks-wise. I liked Agassi as a player and thought he had charisma. Mario Ancic was more my cup of tea looks-wise.

Agassi also hasn't aged that well compared to Edberg. Agassi, Lendl and Becker are all bloated today.

stephenJ

Jul 20, 2017, 9:30:45 AM7/20/17
My wife has praised the physical appearance of Cilic and Del Potro. She
likes them big. ;)

---

bob

Jul 20, 2017, 8:41:02 PM7/20/17
your pics are required here...

bob

bob

Jul 20, 2017, 8:42:30 PM7/20/17
well damn, i watched ancic play miami some yrs ago on an outside court
from front row, think it was against murray if memory serves. he
didn't impress me much!

>Agassi also hasn't aged that well compared to Edberg. Agassi, Lendl and Becker are all bloated today.

bob

bob

Jul 20, 2017, 8:43:10 PM7/20/17
damn, those 2 can't hold a candle to you dr jaros!

bob

Court_1

Jul 21, 2017, 12:06:38 AM7/21/17
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:41:02 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

> >Google her yourself. Plain as could be.
>
> your pics are required here...

My pics are required to have an opinion that Betsy Drake was plain? I'll remember that next time you comment about anybody's looks you hypocrite.

I'm not posting my picture on a tennis ng. Go to my parents' place in PB to water the plants and you'll see my picture.

As for Mario Ancic, he's super cute. Many women would agree.

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/AO.jpg

I also think Tommy Haas is handsome.

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 8:45:34 AM7/23/17
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:06:36 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:41:02 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
>
>> >Google her yourself. Plain as could be.
>>
>> your pics are required here...

>My pics are required to have an opinion that Betsy Drake was plain? I'll remember that next time you comment about anybody's looks you hypocrite.

i don't comment much like you do calling girls "dogs" and "pigs."

>I'm not posting my picture on a tennis ng. Go to my parents' place in PB to water the plants and you'll see my picture.

jaros posted his, and you reneged. you've no cred.