Day of mourning!

Pelle Svanslös

Jul 21, 2017, 12:43:29 PM7/21/17

TT

Jul 21, 2017, 1:57:36 PM7/21/17
Rats abandoning the sinking ship...

AZ

Jul 22, 2017, 12:50:03 PM7/22/17
I like his bohemian rhapsody replacement: Scaramucci.

Scaramouche Scaramouche can you do the fandango...

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 22, 2017, 1:04:13 PM7/22/17
On 22/07/2017 17:50, AZ wrote:

> I like his bohemian rhapsody replacement: Scaramucci.
>
> Scaramouche Scaramouche can you do the fandango...

Merriam-Webster:

Definition of scaramouch

1 a stock character in the Italian commedia dell'arte that burlesques
the Spanish don and is characterized by boastfulness and cowardliness

2 a : a cowardly buffoon
b : rascal, scamp

Seems appropriate :-)

---

TT

Jul 22, 2017, 1:05:45 PM7/22/17
Brian W Lawrence kirjoitti 22.7.2017 klo 20:04:
> On 22/07/2017 17:50, AZ wrote:
>
>> I like his bohemian rhapsody replacement: Scaramucci.
>>
>> Scaramouche Scaramouche can you do the fandango...
>
> Merriam-Webster:
>
> Definition of scaramouch
>
> 1 a stock character in the Italian commedia dell'arte that burlesques
> the Spanish don and is characterized by boastfulness and cowardliness
>
> 2 a : a cowardly buffoon
> b : rascal, scamp
>
> Seems appropriate :-)

Nothing to do with James Bond villains then?

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 22, 2017, 1:43:52 PM7/22/17
"Francisco Scaramanga was a British national born in a traveling circus.
His father was the ringmaster, a former Cuban national and his mother
was a snake charmer. By the age of ten, he was part of the circus as a
trick-shot pistol marksman; a skill which he put to use when he shot and
killed an abusive animal trainer after the man killed an elephant that
had befriended Scaramanga.

By fifteen, he was a gunman in Rio de Janeiro. He was recruited there by
the KGB and trained in Eastern Europe where for many years he was
basically just another overworked and underpaid assassin for the KGB. He
quit the KGB in the late 1950s, becoming an independent hitman-for-hire
charging one million dollars a kill. All of Scaramanga's dealings go
through his diminutive accomplice Nick Nack, which allows Scaramanga to
remain anonymous. No photographs of him exist, but he has unusual
anatomy: a third nipple. As in the novel, it is shown that Scaramanga
makes love prior to killing in the belief that it 'improves the eye'."

Hm.

*skriptis

Jul 22, 2017, 2:41:48 PM7/22/17
AZ <arnab....@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> I like his bohemian rhapsody replacement: Scaramucci.
>
> Scaramouche Scaramouche can you do the fandango...

Italian guy, excellent pick.

So Trump cabinet, ie admiration are aspiring to be one of the most
diverse ever.

At the top you have a German-Scot and a Yankee (Trump himself).
You have a Dixie gentleman of English ancestry Jeff Sessions
("most" American). Good balance north vs south.

But also, an African Ben Carson.
Irish Mike Pence, Steve Bannon, John Kelly.
Jews Kushner, Mnuchin, Shulkin.
Hispanic Alex Acosta.
Greek descent Priebus.
Dutch Betsy DeVos.
Chineese Elaine Chao.
Indian Nicky Halley.
This Italian guy now.

Next, you have central European Slavic influence due to his first
Czech wife and mother of his elder kids, and you have south
Slavic influence, due to his current wife Melania and his in-laws
in the white house, and that begs the question, where are the
most important Slavs, the Russians?

Why doesn't he have any Russians in his cabinet, administration etc?

We want Russian influence too. If he wants a truly diverse cabinet
and administration.

Now thinking about it, this whole Russian hysteria seems to be
caused simply because there are no Russians in US politics that
have their lobby to promote cordial relations with Russia, like
others have.

Yes, we know Tillerson got some friendship medal from Putin, but
he's not a Russian and he got it as a CEO of oil drilling company
anyway. That was just business.

Every nation on the planet seems represented in the top levels of
most powerful office in the world, with Russians missing.

Even Gene Roddenberry apologised for his mistake and introduced
Chekhov in Star Trek in season 2, after Soviets complained.

Will Trump introduce some Russians, finally?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 22, 2017, 3:11:23 PM7/22/17
Russia with her less than 200 million people and her fourth tier economy is only relevant due to her cast nuclear arsenal. Otherwise it would be comparable to Brazil or Indonesia.

Max

AZ

Jul 22, 2017, 3:50:56 PM7/22/17
I just saw a snippet of his first conference. He actually sounds and behaves like a hollywood stereotype of some NY italian american. At one time he actually said "fahgeddabawdit" (well almost) accompanied with wild italian style hand gestures. Lmao. This is going to be more comical than I thought.

AZ

Jul 22, 2017, 4:43:34 PM7/22/17
Spicer :
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,

Trump:
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

Spicer:
Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine,
Body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

Scaramucci:
Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the wind blows.

People:
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

The Iceberg

Jul 23, 2017, 5:12:53 AM7/23/17
so the obsession by CNN and democrats about Russia is pretty pointless.

*skriptis

Jul 23, 2017, 8:10:19 AM7/23/17
The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
That's classic russophrenic
rant.
(Russophobic + schizophrenic)

1. Russia is about to establish global domination if they aren't
stopped.

2. Russia is so pathetic it's about to collapse.

Poor people really.

Pelle Svanslös

Jul 23, 2017, 9:09:46 AM7/23/17
I seem to recall you raised hell when Juncker released a couple of
anecdotes from a meal with Ms May. "The unelected EU trying to influence
our elections!".

Right.

I wonder what you'd have said if Juncker was hacking your government. "A
big fat nothingburger!".

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke