NOOOOO! Paul the Psychic Octopus IS NO MORE :(

Iceberg

Oct 26, 2010, 9:21:20 AM10/26/10
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050

Paul the World Cup octopus dies in his tank in Germany

Paul the octopus, an unlikely star of the 2010 World Cup who
'predicted' the outcome of eight matches, has died at an aquarium in
Germany.

Fan

Oct 26, 2010, 9:45:38 AM10/26/10

I am not surprised by his demise. People think that they are
supporting wildlife conservation when they visit these aquariums but
they are wrong.
The annual fatality rate is about 30% and indication of how miserable
the life of these poor creatures in captivity. People who love animals
do not support these places.
Those who wish to see aquatic wildlife should go snorkeling to one of
many tropical islands where they can observe them without harming
them.
Please do not collect any seashells or anything you see. They die once
removed from their natural environment.

RzR

Oct 26, 2010, 10:31:06 AM10/26/10

fucking a man...100% agree with you :D

mimus

Oct 26, 2010, 10:47:03 AM10/26/10

Offed by the bookies?

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve
again.

mimus

Oct 26, 2010, 10:49:05 AM10/26/10

With the proviso that heavy snorkeling traffic, beach-walking, etc.,
is also impactful, when and where human numbers push high, or where
the environment is fragile (coral reefs, for example).

Calimero

Oct 26, 2010, 10:57:41 AM10/26/10

Probably stabbed.
After all he predicted Germany to lose the WC semi final match against
Spain.
Big mistake ...

Max

--
"I believe that you are mostly responsible for most of the ugly and
nasty letters (some of them unfortunately were mine) directed at

Inglourious Basterd

Oct 26, 2010, 11:30:52 AM10/26/10

It was no mistake - he was right!

PS. I don't think his death was due to cruelty, I'm pretty sure
octopuses (octopi ?) only have a life expectancy of 2 yrs or so.

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 11:42:21 AM10/26/10

The mystery remains: Were his predictions luck, psychic powers...or
perhaps time travel. We may never know.

RIP Paul.

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 11:44:54 AM10/26/10
Fan wrote:
> On Oct 26, 3:21 pm, Iceberg <iceberg.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050
>>
>> Paul the World Cup octopus dies in his tank in Germany
>>
>> Paul the octopus, an unlikely star of the 2010 World Cup who
>> 'predicted' the outcome of eight matches, has died at an aquarium in
>> Germany.
>
> I am not surprised by his demise.

Me neither, Common Octopus lives from 1 to 2 years, Paul lived to the
ripe age of 2.5 years.

May God have mercy on his soul.

--
"I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my
life God will give you blood to drink"

Yama

Oct 26, 2010, 11:47:33 AM10/26/10
TT <do...@email.me> wrote:
: The mystery remains: Were his predictions luck, psychic powers...or
: perhaps time travel. We may never know.

"But for all his power couldn't foresee his own demise."

Calimero

Oct 26, 2010, 12:03:55 PM10/26/10
On 26 Okt., 17:30, Inglourious Basterd

<thetruetennisg...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 26 Oct, 15:57, Calimero <calimero...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> > On 26 Okt., 15:21, Iceberg <iceberg.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050
>
> > > Paul the World Cup octopus dies in his tank in Germany
>
> > > Paul the octopus, an unlikely star of the 2010 World Cup who
> > > 'predicted' the outcome of eight matches, has died at an aquarium in
> > > Germany.
>
> > Probably stabbed.
> > After all he predicted Germany to lose the WC semi final match against
> > Spain.
> > Big mistake ...
>
> > Max
>
> > --
> > "I believe that you are mostly responsible for most of the ugly and
> > nasty letters (some of them unfortunately were mine) directed at
> > Graf."
> > ("Fan" on his Steffi hating, r.s.t., October 23rd, 2010)
>
> It was no mistake - he was right!

He definitely jinxed the German team!

Max

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 12:30:20 PM10/26/10

felangey

Oct 26, 2010, 12:56:07 PM10/26/10
Heh...Paul. If he was a squid would they have had to 'call him harry'. :D

only human

Oct 26, 2010, 12:57:15 PM10/26/10

Flavored texturized vegetable protein taste like real meat. chicken.
beef. turkey. ham. sausage. you name it we now have it today. we no
longer need to slaughter animals. this is the food of the future. it
lasts a very long time. doesn't require any fridgeration. its also
healthier then eating meat. you just need to re-hydrate it with water.
comes dry in cans. i love chicken tvp burgers. one thing about tvp is
you have to know how to use it. once you get the hang of it its easy to
use like real meat. nobody could tell it wasn't real meat if they didn't
know.

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 1:14:38 PM10/26/10

I'm not convinced.

It's essentially "hard Tofu". And Tofu tastes nothing like meat.

only human

Oct 26, 2010, 1:49:32 PM10/26/10

Then you ether don't have good tvp there in Australia. or don't know how
to properly prepare it. when its used right it really does taste like
real meat. if more people knew about the stuff less animal consumption
there would be.

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 2:02:42 PM10/26/10

Never ate it...in Finland...

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 2:05:25 PM10/26/10
TT wrote:
> only human wrote:
>> Then you ether don't have good tvp there in Australia. or don't know how
>> to properly prepare it. when its used right it really does taste like
>> real meat. if more people knew about the stuff less animal consumption
>> there would be.
>>

> Never ate it...in Finland...

Besides...human is carnivore. Thinking about it, I think I'll go and
have some kebab now...

felangey

Oct 26, 2010, 4:31:32 PM10/26/10
> Heh...Paul. If he was a squid would they have had to 'call him harry'. :D<

One of you miserable bastards had better laugh at my post! ;)

Pelle Svanslös

Oct 26, 2010, 4:53:09 PM10/26/10

Lol ;)

--
"Another opponent, exhausted and thin!
Is bludgeoned to death by endurance and spin."

felangey

Oct 26, 2010, 4:58:12 PM10/26/10
> Lol ;)
<

*Thanks*. (You didn't get it, did you! ;)

Pelle Svanslös

Oct 26, 2010, 5:09:23 PM10/26/10
felangey wrote:
>> Lol ;)
> <
>
> *Thanks*. (You didn't get it, did you! ;)

Nope ;)

I had to google it!

TT

Oct 26, 2010, 6:12:40 PM10/26/10
Pelle Svansl�s wrote:
> felangey wrote:
>>> Lol ;)
>> <
>>
>> *Thanks*. (You didn't get it, did you! ;)
>
> Nope ;)
>
> I had to google it!

So what was the joke about?

Giovanna

Oct 26, 2010, 7:19:57 PM10/26/10

> Paul the World Cup octopus dies in his tank in Germany
>
> Paul the octopus, an unlikely star of the 2010 World Cup who
> 'predicted' the outcome of eight matches, has died at an aquarium in
> Germany.

omg =((((((((((((

bob

Oct 26, 2010, 7:30:39 PM10/26/10

there are tons of pros/cons about zoos, animal parks and the like.
been on both sides of the fence, i won't condemn them all.
the 1 thing i will say is that i don't believe orcas nor dolphins
belong in aquariums.

bob

Fan

Oct 27, 2010, 3:28:27 AM10/27/10
That is true. Fortunately, some areas are protected. I should have
added that another way of observing aquatic wildlife is from inside
glass structures. Once put in place, they do not seem to disturb the
wildlife.
We are destructive to wildlife by our very existence. It is up to
every one of us to make as small a footprint as possible.
This is a good positive argument because we are arguing about what is
less harmful.

Pelle Svanslös

Oct 27, 2010, 4:31:33 AM10/27/10
TT wrote:
> Pelle Svansl�s wrote:
>>> <
>>>
>>> *Thanks*. (You didn't get it, did you! ;)
>>
>> Nope ;)
>>
>> I had to google it!
>>

> So what was the joke about?

Er, I was only in it because nobody else volunteered for the miserable
bastard call, I felt obliged. Now I'm having to explain the joke despite
having dropped the ball. That is so unfair. ;)

http://www.google.com/search?q=harry+squid

felangey

Oct 27, 2010, 7:11:38 AM10/27/10
> http://www.google.com/search?q=harry+squid<

Awww....that so cute of you. You laughed and you still didn't get it, even
after googling it. ;)

....call him harry.....calamari.....

Hmph.

TT

Oct 27, 2010, 11:15:52 AM10/27/10

Maybe he didn't get it because it wasn't funny to begin with?