Nadal would've easily beaten this Federer

The Iceberg

Jul 16, 2017, 5:15:49 PM7/16/17
Some Fedfans saying Fed was in amazing form etc I disagree cos he was hardly freakin pushed, he barely tried anything special servingwise in the final cos he didn't have to, also his movement was that remarkable, he upped it a bit at the end in the 3rd set, but only cos he wanted to finish it. A couple more matches and Nadal would've easily won against the level played today!

PeteWasLucky

Jul 16, 2017, 5:23:45 PM7/16/17
This nadal is a Wimbledon monster.

Carey

Jul 16, 2017, 5:33:26 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 2:23:45 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> This nadal is a Wimbledon monster.

It's a pity: Nadal can't get anywhere near a Wimbledon Final...

ali...@alinefx.com

Jul 16, 2017, 5:35:24 PM7/16/17
This moronic iceberg has broken off and is swimming around pathetically, looking for excuses and alternative facts. Pathetic toad.

Guypers

Jul 16, 2017, 6:04:48 PM7/16/17
Kneed all is tier 2, out first week!

reilloc

Jul 16, 2017, 6:21:49 PM7/16/17
...if he hadn't lost to Muller on July 10th. He would have won last year
but didn't play. He would have won in 2015, but lost to Dustin Brown on
July 2nd. He would have won in 2014, but lost to Kyrgios on July 1st.
2013, he would have won but was beaten by Steve Darcis on June 24th.
His 2012 defeat to Lukas Rosol prevented his winning that year. Losing
the final in 2011, to Djokovic, stopped him from starting the seven-year
winning streak you suggest he might have--except that he lost. All.
Those. Years.

LNC

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2017, 6:25:59 PM7/16/17
He'll win next year, unless someone beats him!

kaennorsing

Jul 16, 2017, 6:39:41 PM7/16/17
Op maandag 17 juli 2017 00:21:49 UTC+2 schreef reilloc:
If only Rafa can avoid that one guy that beats him at Wimbledon every year... But then another one shows up, so unlucky!

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2017, 6:40:46 PM7/16/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 15:39:39 -0700, kaennorsing wrote:

> If only Rafa can avoid that one guy that beats him at Wimbledon every
> year... But then another one shows up, so unlucky!

And this guy has beaten him twice at Wimbledon...

The Iceberg

Jul 16, 2017, 6:46:06 PM7/16/17
yeah well everyone just retires or doesn't bother vs Fed! he'd prob win then!

ali...@alinefx.com

Jul 16, 2017, 6:48:19 PM7/16/17
19 > 15.

undecided

Jul 16, 2017, 6:58:03 PM7/16/17
Of course. But really, other than Rafa, who else could have given Fed trouble in the final today? Did you guys enjoy one of the ugliest slam finals I have ever seen?

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:05:27 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 5:15:49 PM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
> Some Fedfans saying Fed was in amazing form etc I disagree cos he was hardly freakin pushed, he barely tried anything special servingwise in the final cos he didn't have to, also his movement was that remarkable, he upped it a bit at the end in the 3rd set, but only cos he wanted to finish it. A couple more matches and Nadal would've easily won against the level played today!

This Federer was sufficient to bag the record 8th W. If needed, however, Federer would've have raised his level to deal with Nadal. Like at the AO 2017.

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2017, 8:06:41 PM7/16/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 17:05:26 -0700, RaspingDrive wrote:

> This Federer was sufficient to bag the record 8th W. If needed, however,
> Federer would've have raised his level to deal with Nadal. Like at the
> AO 2017.

Jaros said he had a 45% chance.

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:07:38 PM7/16/17
One retired. Everyone else tried but came up short. Like Nadal at AO 2017.

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:08:16 PM7/16/17
A fit and in-form Djokovic.

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:10:20 PM7/16/17
Didn't he also say that Cilic will crush Federer?

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2017, 8:15:04 PM7/16/17
Probably. Jaros types always have to be right.

undecided

Jul 16, 2017, 8:19:44 PM7/16/17
Maybe. My point is that it would have been awesome to see. Who can argue that Fed vs Nadal finals are not great spectacles?

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:31:09 PM7/16/17
Maybe it will happen at USO 2017.

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:32:19 PM7/16/17
I have had occasions to note that.

SliceAndDice

Jul 16, 2017, 8:40:23 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:58:03 PM UTC-4, undecided wrote:
Exaggerate much? Cilic was injured, still won more games than Stan did against Nadal last month.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 16, 2017, 8:57:06 PM7/16/17
> Of course. But really, other than Rafa, who else could have given Fed trouble in the final today? Did you guys enjoy one of the ugliest slam finals I have ever seen?

Why is difficult for you guys to comprehend that this Nadal is no good on grass to reach the final and this translates to that he would be no threat to Federer if he played him on grass?

It's stupid what people said that if nadal makes it to the second week he will win the title beating Federer.

So they are worried he can lose early but if he doesn't he will win magically.

Gracchus

Jul 16, 2017, 9:02:00 PM7/16/17
The reasoning is that Federer would be paralyzed with terror because Nadal eked out a Wimbledon win against him 9 years ago in the dark.

Jason White

Jul 16, 2017, 10:26:36 PM7/16/17
Trolling over and over again, and the same suspects can't help but take the bait.

Guypers

Jul 16, 2017, 10:29:14 PM7/16/17
If Fed played like he did today, with a bigger racket head, and attacking style in 08, would have won in three sets!

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:25:51 PM7/16/17
Yes. Repeatedly.

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:30:48 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:58:03 PM UTC-4, undecided wrote:
I agree with you that Nadal is probably the only one who could have given Federer a bit of a challenge but why discuss it if Nadal hasn`t been good enough to get to Federer at Wimbledon in six years? Also, none of Nadal's matches at the FO were competitive either. Did you enjoy watching those matches? Don't be a hypocrite.

I admit the Cilic-Federer final sucked but so did the Wawrinka-Nadal final at the FO.

Maybe we'll get a Nadal-Federer final at the USO where Nadal seems to play better than at Wimbledon.

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:32:48 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:29:14 PM UTC-4, Guypers wrote:

> If Fed played like he did today, with a bigger racket head, and attacking style in 08, would have won in three sets!

Don't get carried away. It wouldn't have been three sets vs Nadal.

Gracchus

Jul 17, 2017, 12:06:56 AM7/17/17
LOL. What a jackass.

SliceAndDice

Jul 17, 2017, 12:17:20 AM7/17/17
I thought he was reverse jinxing as usual.

Court_1

Jul 17, 2017, 12:44:51 AM7/17/17
I thought so too until Cilic lost and then I saw StephenJ's responses(he got all defensive) and I knew he was serious about his Cilic will crush Federer prediction.

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 4:02:50 AM7/17/17
you reckon the Nadal at the AO wasn't out of sorts?

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 4:32:22 AM7/17/17
you're saying Nadal couldn't beat the level Fed played against Cilic yday???

RaspingDrive

Jul 17, 2017, 8:14:39 AM7/17/17
Check their respective rankings at AO 2017. Also, An 'out of sorts' Nadal gets taken out in earlier rounds. Berdych (yes, the Birdman!) beat him at AO in one year in an earlier round. His Nov 15th born (forget the name now) Spanish countryman took him out in another AO first round.

RaspingDrive

Jul 17, 2017, 8:16:41 AM7/17/17
sill(ice)y, the level doesn't remain static. If it were so, Federer should have lost AO 2017.

Court_1

Jul 17, 2017, 8:19:04 AM7/17/17
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 4:32:22 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
You think Federer had to play anywhere near his best level to get the job done vs a physically hampered Cilic? If Nadal was Fed's opponent, Fed would have played many levels higher. I'm sure it would have been a good battle but I think Federer would have prevailed on this surface.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 9:04:29 AM7/17/17
Well Fed made the '08 final without dropping a set, then lost to Nadal.
This yr he again made the final without dropping a set, but got a soft
crybaby in the final instead of the bull.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 9:06:12 AM7/17/17
It may have been - with Fed crying?

: )

SliceAndDice

Jul 17, 2017, 9:56:48 AM7/17/17
Fed has since admitted that the French Open drubbing he received affected his Wimbledon final performance against Nadal. I don't think these matches can be viewed in isolation. Now that Fed is playing unencumbered by that clay H2H mental burden, we can all see what he is capable of.

John Liang

Jul 17, 2017, 11:11:39 AM7/17/17
And you forgot for the last 6 years Nadal could not get through a match against a player that play like the soft crybaby Cilic type on a grass court. Again didn't you say Nadal would beat Federer in straight sets at Wimbledon, what a prediction that was.

John Liang

Jul 17, 2017, 11:15:53 AM7/17/17
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 11:06:12 PM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
> On 17/07/2017 1:32 PM, Court_1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:29:14 PM UTC-4, Guypers wrote:
> >
> >> If Fed played like he did today, with a bigger racket head, and attacking style in 08, would have won in three sets!
> >
> > Don't get carried away. It wouldn't have been three sets vs Nadal.
> >

> It may have been - with Fed crying?
>
> : )

hahaha, Fed is the one laughing all the way with his 8th Wimbledon title, Crying baby Nadal is still crying with his uncle on why his two matches were put on Court 1. Count again Whimp, 8 wimbledon and 19 slam win later we are laughing at your shitty analysis of 1 slam win and lucky to be in another slam final for Fed.

Gracchus

Jul 17, 2017, 11:22:38 AM7/17/17
Whisp would be wise to unhitch himself from the "Rafa Express" now before it becomes too embarrassing.

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 11:57:49 AM7/17/17
looks like somebody got a bit upset with the crying reference! :)

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 11:58:46 AM7/17/17
how is he unencumbered by the FO burden when he was too frightened to even play Nadal on clay this year?

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 12:04:24 PM7/17/17
On Monday, 17 July 2017 01:05:27 UTC+1, RaspingDrive wrote:
> On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 5:15:49 PM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
> > Some Fedfans saying Fed was in amazing form etc I disagree cos he was hardly freakin pushed, he barely tried anything special servingwise in the final cos he didn't have to, also his movement was that remarkable, he upped it a bit at the end in the 3rd set, but only cos he wanted to finish it. A couple more matches and Nadal would've easily won against the level played today!
>
> This Federer was sufficient to bag the record 8th W. If needed, however, Federer would've have raised his level to deal with Nadal. Like at the AO 2017.

that is the real question, would Fed have been able to up his level against Nadal, not saying he couldn't but the level he played yday, Nadal would have beaten him.

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 12:04:52 PM7/17/17
he wasn't, he always does this.

RaspingDrive

Jul 17, 2017, 1:09:39 PM7/17/17
The level he displayed was sufficient to bring home the title. Nadal being there and playing well is a different challenge which would force Federer to raise his level accordingly --- as at AO 2017.

SliceAndDice

Jul 17, 2017, 1:25:59 PM7/17/17
He does want to be re-encumbered by it LOL. Skipping the clay season was a brilliant decision. His aggressive style isn't really conducive to the surface.

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 1:57:12 PM7/17/17
no that was my point, he didn't at all, he was very casual, until perhaps the end of the 3rd when he wanted to finish it. That's why I said Nadal would've beaten this level Fed, whether Fed would've been able to raise it to beat Nadal is interesting cos he wasn't pushed at all this tournament.

The Iceberg

Jul 17, 2017, 1:57:54 PM7/17/17
thought it was his improved bh that won the AO? LOLOL

RaspingDrive

Jul 17, 2017, 2:15:53 PM7/17/17
A casual Federer wouldn't be able to produce a winner off a Cilic retrieve in the first set. Raonic pushed Federer in the third set. Berdych did in the first two sets.

RaspingDrive

Jul 17, 2017, 2:16:42 PM7/17/17
So you disagree that Federer raised his level against Nadal in the fifth set at AO 2017?

John Liang

Jul 17, 2017, 5:37:09 PM7/17/17
And what was Nadal's level again, he couldn't even get pass Muller, Rosol, Kyrgios etc. Federer's level yesterday was good enough for him to win an 8th Wimbledon but Nadal's level of the last 6 Wimbledon couldn't pass a QF.

John Liang

Jul 17, 2017, 5:40:06 PM7/17/17
What he is say is that Nadal has that unbelievable/phantom high level that is higher than Federer's best but somehow at Wimbledon Nadal was never able to produce that level even against Muller type to get him pass a QF.

RaspingDrive

Jul 17, 2017, 7:35:41 PM7/17/17
There is a significant proportion of RST populace that think that a Nadal into second week, and even more so, in the final will be a pesky customer. The actual numbers don't show it though. According to empirical evidence, on non-clay surfaces it appears he is as likely to lose a final as he wins it. Since early 2008, he has appeared in 10 finals (W 2008, AO 2009, W 2010, USO 2010, W 2011, USO 2011, AO 2012, USO 2013, AO 2014, AO 2017) and won only five of them.

undecided

Jul 17, 2017, 7:40:13 PM7/17/17
50% final win rate on your not favourite surface is pretty darn good if you ask me.

undecided

Jul 17, 2017, 7:41:37 PM7/17/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:40:23 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:58:03 PM UTC-4, undecided wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:21:49 PM UTC-4, reilloc wrote:
> > > ...if he hadn't lost to Muller on July 10th. He would have won last year
> > > but didn't play. He would have won in 2015, but lost to Dustin Brown on
> > > July 2nd. He would have won in 2014, but lost to Kyrgios on July 1st.
> > > 2013, he would have won but was beaten by Steve Darcis on June 24th.
> > > His 2012 defeat to Lukas Rosol prevented his winning that year. Losing
> > > the final in 2011, to Djokovic, stopped him from starting the seven-year
> > > winning streak you suggest he might have--except that he lost. All.
> > > Those. Years.
> > >
> > > LNC
> >
> > Of course. But really, other than Rafa, who else could have given Fed trouble in the final today? Did you guys enjoy one of the ugliest slam finals I have ever seen?
>
> Exaggerate much? Cilic was injured, still won more games than Stan did against Nadal last month.

Cilic did not look injured until AFTER he started getting drubbed. He looked pretty good in the first few games.

undecided

Jul 17, 2017, 7:43:18 PM7/17/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:57:06 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > Of course. But really, other than Rafa, who else could have given Fed trouble in the final today? Did you guys enjoy one of the ugliest slam finals I have ever seen?
>
> Why is difficult for you guys to comprehend that this Nadal is no good on grass to reach the final and this translates to that he would be no threat to Federer if he played him on grass?
>
> It's stupid what people said that if nadal makes it to the second week he will win the title beating Federer.
>
> So they are worried he can lose early but if he doesn't he will win magically.

This is quite common actually. 1st week is the toughest with grass being at its most slippery. Also, players that are playing it that are not the most comfortable at it, start to 'get it' after a few matches. That's why if Nadal had made the final, he would have been a real danger.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 17, 2017, 8:17:39 PM7/17/17
> This is quite common actually. 1st week is the toughest with grass being at its most slippery. Also, players that are playing it that are not the most comfortable at it, start to 'get it' after a few matches. That's why if Nadal had made the final, he would have been a real danger.

Again if could should....

He has been losing to much lower ranked players for the last 5-6 players and he will find it more difficult to succeed there. As players get much older they lose their ability to adjust their natural game to compensate for different surfaces they are not comfortable on.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 12:25:30 AM7/18/17
It's true he would have been a real danger if he made the final against Federer and would have been Fed's toughest competitor but IMO he would have been a real danger and then lost to Federer. Federer is simply better than Nadal off clay and these days he isn't troubled by the FO beatings Nadal would bestow upon him which screwed with his mind when they had to play off clay. More time has past now for Federer to distance himself from that bad psychology.

Hopefully they will meet at the USO. Their battles in slams finals will always be close ones. It's just the nature of the rivalry.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 18, 2017, 12:35:57 AM7/18/17
> Hopefully they will meet at the USO. Their battles in slams finals will always be close ones. It's just the nature of the rivalry

The AO went to five sets since it was the first time Federer was testing his new strategy and aggressive play against Nadal.

After he got the confirmation that it works, he defeated nadal very easily in str8 sets in the next two meetings.

Federer will beat nadal easily on fast HC and grass if he is still healthy and in good form.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 12:41:26 AM7/18/17
Easily in a slam final in best of five? I don't think so. Maybe in four is my guess. I don't think it would ever be a straight set result between these two in any slam final.

Hopefully we'll find out. I'd love to see a USO Fedal final. I can't watch these other mopes.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 18, 2017, 12:52:09 AM7/18/17
> Hopefully we'll find out. I'd love to see a USO Fedal final. I can't watch these other mopes.

It'd be nice to have them both in the uso final. Maybe we won't have both :)

ahonkan

Jul 18, 2017, 3:16:22 AM7/18/17
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 05:10:13 UTC+5:30, undecided wrote:

> 50% final win rate on your not favourite surface is pretty darn good if you ask me.

10 finals in 30 tries (not bothered to count how many he skipped) is not
that good, is it? So it's actually 5 titles in 30 tries, of which he
reached the 2nd week 10 times.

TT

Jul 18, 2017, 3:41:58 AM7/18/17
RaspingDrive kirjoitti 18.7.2017 klo 2:35:
> There is a significant proportion of RST populace that think that a Nadal into second week, and even more so, in the final will be a pesky customer. The actual numbers don't show it though.

Actually the numbers do show it...

Rafa has reached Wimbledon QF 5 times and made the final every damn time.

ahonkan

Jul 18, 2017, 4:01:50 AM7/18/17
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 05:13:18 UTC+5:30, undecided wrote:

> This is quite common actually. 1st week is the toughest with grass being at its most slippery. Also, players that are playing it that are not the most comfortable at it, start to 'get it' after a few matches. That's why if Nadal had made the final, he would have been a real danger.

Is seems to be 'slipperier' for Rafa since he has so much difficulty making
it to the second week? Cilic did make it to the final and the usual idiots
predicted that he'd win in 3-4 sets. We all know what happened.

ahonkan

Jul 18, 2017, 4:11:08 AM7/18/17
You give a lot of weightage to their H2H and too little to Rafa's
historic performances at that slam. Rafa & Fed have been the 2 standout
players this year and based on that, you picked them to make it to the
W final. I looked at their past performances and picked only Fed.

Rafa has made it to just 3 USO finals in last 12 years, winning 2.
He has lost in R3 & R4 the last 2 times he played. For Fed, it's F & SF.

Tuan

Jul 18, 2017, 4:31:13 AM7/18/17
Fed beat no. 27, 13, 6, 11, 7 to win the tournament. Nadal beat no. 30 then lost to no. 16. No more needs to be said.

The Iceberg

Jul 18, 2017, 4:57:22 AM7/18/17
no they didn't, it was hardly a push for Fed at all.

The Iceberg

Jul 18, 2017, 5:01:57 AM7/18/17
he's very troubled by Nadal, that's why he didn't even turn up for a single clay event. At the AO Fed just kept playing his normal game and Nadal made mistakes cos he was out of sorts, it was a good win, but avoiding him on clay says a lot.

The Iceberg

Jul 18, 2017, 5:03:15 AM7/18/17
other than Number 16 playing the maximum he could possibly play, a bit like when Darcis played and nearly broke his own arm/wrecked his career vs Nadal while those other guys totally folded against Fed.

TT

Jul 18, 2017, 5:39:03 AM7/18/17
Exactly.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 5:42:33 AM7/18/17
Unless Rafa plays better & beats him.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 5:46:27 AM7/18/17
Yes, Kyrgios is about the only one with star potential, maybe Zverev
too, but they need to get their heads screwed on straight.

AZ

Jul 18, 2017, 5:49:08 AM7/18/17
Unless Fed remembers how he beat Rafa on three hc surfaces this year and repeats the feat. That actually is more likely.

John Liang

Jul 18, 2017, 6:07:42 AM7/18/17
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 5:41:58 PM UTC+10, TT wrote:
The actual number shows in 5 Wimbledon he played in the last 6 years he failed to progress beyond a single QF, his match record is 8 wins 6 losses in 5 Wimbledon. Let's put it into perspective Berdych has 19 wins 6 losses in the same period, Tsonga 17 wins 6 losses, Kyrgios 10 wins 4 losses. In terms of performance level at Wimbledon in last 6 years Nadal is lower than top 10 journeymen like Tsonga and Berdych and it is even worse than rookie like Kyrgios.

John Liang

Jul 18, 2017, 6:09:04 AM7/18/17
Simple they weren't good enough to push Fed but they easily pushed Nadal out of Wimbledon five times in last 6 years.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 6:13:40 AM7/18/17
This is another Fedfucker trait - trying to paint Rafa as some kind of
journeyman who can only play on clay. It's quite amazing watching this
behavior. Very odd.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 6:15:36 AM7/18/17
Fed hasn't won USO in nearly 10 yrs.

John Liang

Jul 18, 2017, 6:15:56 AM7/18/17
So obviously these guys just have one goal in their career that is to beat Nadal at Wimbledon at all cost. This is much like you Samrpas and pizza theory, it took a real idiot to develop this sort of idea and not much of a surprise it comes from you.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 6:44:02 AM7/18/17
You can only play as well as your opponent allows.

Whisper

Jul 18, 2017, 6:45:20 AM7/18/17
15-13 in 5th set is 'easily'?

John Liang

Jul 18, 2017, 7:39:32 AM7/18/17
Great improvement by Nadal, from regularly losing to guys in 100s in the last four or five Wimbledon to losing to someone in the top 30. Muller lost more matches than winning in the main draw of Wimbledon until this year.

RaspingDrive

Jul 18, 2017, 8:08:09 AM7/18/17
1) 'Into second week' includes fourth round at W?
2) The claim that Rafa is terrific in finals is true on clay.
3) On non-clay finals it's a coin toss.

RaspingDrive

Jul 18, 2017, 8:09:43 AM7/18/17
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 7:40:13 PM UTC-4, undecided wrote:
> On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 7:35:41 PM UTC-4, RaspingDrive wrote:

> > > And what was Nadal's level again, he couldn't even get pass Muller, Rosol, Kyrgios etc. Federer's level yesterday was good enough for him to win an 8th Wimbledon but Nadal's level of the last 6 Wimbledon couldn't pass a QF.
> >
> > There is a significant proportion of RST populace that think that a Nadal into second week, and even more so, in the final will be a pesky customer. The actual numbers don't show it though. According to empirical evidence, on non-clay surfaces it appears he is as likely to lose a final as he wins it. Since early 2008, he has appeared in 10 finals (W 2008, AO 2009, W 2010, USO 2010, W 2011, USO 2011, AO 2012, USO 2013, AO 2014, AO 2017) and won only five of them.
>
> 50% final win rate on your not favourite surface is pretty darn good if you ask me.

it seems like the result of a (fair) coin toss.

RaspingDrive

Jul 18, 2017, 8:12:16 AM7/18/17
It was like that AO match between Andy and Berdych. Bird won the first set in a tie breaker. Here Fed won. Also, third set against Raonic was close until Federer produced those winners in the tie break.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 8:41:13 AM7/18/17
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 4:11:08 AM UTC-4, ahonkan wrote:

> Rafa has made it to just 3 USO finals in last 12 years, winning 2.
> He has lost in R3 & R4 the last 2 times he played. For Fed, it's F & SF.

I can "cherry-pick" too and say that Nadal was the last one to win the USO, not Federer.

Let's see how it all plays out.

I'd like to see a Fedal USO final where Federer wins.

Court_1

Jul 18, 2017, 8:42:12 AM7/18/17
It says that on clay, Nadal is greater. Duh. Off clay, it's a different story.

SliceAndDice

Jul 18, 2017, 11:47:23 AM7/18/17
Yeah, reaching the finals in New York is not a gimme for either guy. Surprising that Federer has won slams in Melbourne, Wimbledon and EVEN Paris since his last US Open title. I used to think at one time that it has become the slam most suited to his style of play.

AZ

Jul 18, 2017, 2:28:14 PM7/18/17
Classic Sampra$$fucker post.

ahonkan

Jul 18, 2017, 2:46:57 PM7/18/17
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 21:17:23 UTC+5:30, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Yeah, reaching the finals in New York is not a gimme for either guy. Surprising that Federer has won slams in Melbourne, Wimbledon and EVEN Paris since his last US Open title. I used to think at one time that it has become the slam most suited to his style of play.

The USO is the most 'democratic' of all slams. In the last 10 years, it has
been won by 7 different players, with only 3 winning it twice during that
period. Here's how the last 10 yrs at other slams compare:
AO (4): 6, 2, 1, 1.
FO (5): 6, 1, 1, 1, 1.
Wimbledon (4): 3, 3, 2, 2.

SliceAndDice

Jul 18, 2017, 3:02:51 PM7/18/17
Do you mean: FO (4): 7,1,1,1? Or am I missing someone besides Nadal, Fed, Djoker and Stan?

bob

Jul 18, 2017, 9:03:43 PM7/18/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 14:33:25 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 2:23:45 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> This nadal is a Wimbledon monster.
>

>It's a pity: Nadal can't get anywhere near a Wimbledon Final...

no, i'm not surprised. his game is very ill suited to grass. surprised
he won 2 of them actually.

bob

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 7:43:24 AM7/19/17
And yet you had Nadal magically beating the grass GOAT Federer in the final. *rolls eyes*

MBDunc

Jul 19, 2017, 7:59:40 AM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 4:03:43 AM UTC+3, bob wrote:
> no, i'm not surprised. his game is very ill suited to grass. surprised
> he won 2 of them actually.

..but Whisper predicted that Nadal will be multi-Wimb champ already 2004? (and some his own recent post mention 2003). And whisper picked him to beat Fed at Wimb '06 final "it will be a miracle if Fed wins the final".

And at Lloyd's contest you picked Nadal to win Wimb 2011 and 2012 -> so Nadal's grass results cannot suddenly (retrospectively) turn into a surprise, right?

.mikko

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 6:45:51 PM7/19/17
i said IF he made the final, and predicted at least 5 times that he's
bounce out 1st week. so he made it to monday.

bob

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 6:49:27 PM7/19/17
nadal has been a great player, but his game is ill suited to grass.
always was. i picked nadal to win wimbledon in a few certain years
when he appeared dominant overall, not cause he had special grass
skills.

the fact he won 2/3 wimbledon finals are testament to his overall
greatness as a player, like borg, not to his effectiveness on grass.
and i would usually pick nadal to beat fed anywhere H2H based on a
matchup situation heavy to nadal's favor. that's why i said, even this
year, if nadal makes the F vs fed he'd beat him, but also predicted
he' d not come near the F.

bob

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 10:57:40 PM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:49:27 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

> that's why i said, even this
> year, if nadal makes the F vs fed he'd beat him, but also predicted
> he' d not come near the F.

Nadal wouldn't have defeated Federer in a Wimbledon final if both made it there IMO. Fed's the better grass court player. You can't look at that one 2008 Wimbledon final decided on a few points and conclude Nadal would beat Fed at Wimbledon today. Their W h2h is 2-1 for Fed and Fed just beat Nadal three times this year all on hardcourts better suited to Nadal's game. Fed is playing better in some ways in 2017 than he was in the past few years with a more aggressive bh and return of serve and the advantage of having distance from those past beatdowns from Nadal.

IMO Fed would have won Wimbledon 2017 vs Nadal in four probably.

Let's see what happens at the USO if Fedal should meet.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 19, 2017, 11:17:55 PM7/19/17
> IMO Fed would have won Wimbledon 2017 vs Nadal in four probably.

lol, Again the same great logic that exists only in rest :)

Didn't Nadal lose to Muller and this wasn't even a SF or QF?

How do you make such statement that nadal will lose in four sets if he played Federer in the final?

Are you assuming if they played a final made in the first round?
It is loading more messages.