Thinking to drive to NYC to watch Federer's next match

PeteWasLucky

Aug 31, 2017, 6:54:33 PM8/31/17
What stadium and what session should I book?

Guypers

Aug 31, 2017, 6:57:39 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 6:54:33 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> What stadium and what session should I book?

Saturday day match $500 a ticket if you can get one!

TennisGuy

Aug 31, 2017, 6:58:34 PM8/31/17
On 8/31/2017 6:54 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> What stadium and what session should I book?

How far you driving?

PeteWasLucky

Aug 31, 2017, 6:58:58 PM8/31/17
> Saturday day match $500 a ticket if you can get one!

What seats? The worst seats?

SliceAndDice

Aug 31, 2017, 7:34:27 PM8/31/17
My suspicion is that it would be the night session. Which other men's match would they schedule at night?

PeteWasLucky

Aug 31, 2017, 8:03:26 PM8/31/17
> How far you driving?

From Boston.

But it seems the ticket are really expensive. I need three tickets.

Wondering if they are cheaper on Monday.

jdeluise

Aug 31, 2017, 10:13:23 PM8/31/17
I don't know, but I'm calling USOpen security just to let them know.

ed scheuert

Aug 31, 2017, 10:33:38 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 5:54:33 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> What stadium and what session should I book?

if you google "Federer" it shows him playing the day session against Lopez. Don't know if that is accurate since the US Open site doesn't show the schedule that far in advance but it may not be the night session.

ahonkan

Sep 1, 2017, 1:57:56 AM9/1/17
On Friday, 1 September 2017 04:24:33 UTC+5:30, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> What stadium and what session should I book?

You should carry medication to handle high BP. You may need it! :-)

PeteWasLucky

Sep 1, 2017, 6:30:39 AM9/1/17
> You should carry medication to handle high BP. You may need it! :-)

Need to refill :)

RaspingDrive

Sep 1, 2017, 10:29:36 AM9/1/17
On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:30:39 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > You should carry medication to handle high BP. You may need it! :-)
>
> Need to refill :)

You still have not given up hope on Federer? For me, I'm relaxed. If Federer wins that would be great but I am not particularly sanguine about his chances. I only hope should he meet Nadal that he doesn't lose!

The Iceberg

Sep 1, 2017, 11:16:27 AM9/1/17
Sounds like a cool trip! You could always take the train or bus instead!

PeteWasLucky

Sep 1, 2017, 12:21:21 PM9/1/17
> Sounds like a cool trip! You could always take the train or bus instead!

It's an easy drive, it's just the tickets that are pricy since I want 3-4 tickets and I want good seats once a lifetime experience :)

Still have two more to go to college :(

SliceAndDice

Sep 1, 2017, 4:13:04 PM9/1/17
The schedule is out. Roger is playing the night session.

SliceAndDice

Sep 1, 2017, 4:17:45 PM9/1/17
Honestly, unless you get good seats, I would advise you against going. I have watched matches in the top rows back when I was a student and I had wished I was watching it at home. :) Ashe is not very viewer friendly.

dbrowne

Sep 1, 2017, 6:30:42 PM9/1/17
On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:21:21 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
Hey Waleed, do you still have an extra ticket and have room for one more in your car? I would really, really love to go! (I live in Cambridge and can drive, if needed). Send me an email if so!

dbrowne

Sep 1, 2017, 6:32:38 PM9/1/17
I disagree. I sat in the very last row for the Monday 2009 Men's Final (Fed vs. Delpo), and I was elated to be there. I also sat about 30 rows in front of that in 2007, and was similarly happy.

bob

Sep 1, 2017, 7:12:39 PM9/1/17
On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 15:54:30 -0700 (PDT), PeteWasLucky
<waleed...@gmail.com> wrote:

>What stadium and what session should I book?

i sold an extra men's SF ticket in 2015 (stan/fed, djok/cilic) for
face value. you need to just find a nice guy like me.

bob

PeteWasLucky

Sep 1, 2017, 9:55:46 PM9/1/17
> Hey Waleed, do you still have an extra ticket and have room for one more in your car? I would really, really love to go! (I live in Cambridge and can drive, if needed). Send me an email if so!

I haven't booked any tickets since I needed good seats and they are very pricy on Saturday.

I don't know what the prices will be on Monday if Federer didn't lose tomorrow.

I have never been to US open and I want to do it once and really want to enjoy it.

I will keep you updated.

dbrowne

Sep 1, 2017, 10:45:17 PM9/1/17
Thanks very much. Absolutely you should go! I've been twice, got to see Fed debut his "Darth Federer" all-black look for his 2007 R1 match, and then in the 2009 Monday Final when he lost to Delpo, which made for a very long ride back that evening :-(