Will Stan win 4 slams before Murray?

Whisper

Jun 9, 2017, 11:44:09 AM6/9/17

If so then is Stan the rightful guy in 'The big 4' over Murray?

---
http://www.avg.com

SliceAndDice

Jun 9, 2017, 11:51:53 AM6/9/17
Amazing turnaround for a guy who had won zilch until he was 28. I think the Australian 2013 against Djokovic was the turning point for Stan, the day realized he could hang around with the top 4.

grif

Jun 9, 2017, 11:54:56 AM6/9/17
But Nial's already produced nice work! And maybe it depends on how you view 2 Wimbledons over 0.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAw-7sHXkAAeNS0.jpg

SliceAndDice

Jun 9, 2017, 12:02:03 PM6/9/17
LOL

Tim

Jun 9, 2017, 12:15:27 PM6/9/17
On 09/06/2017 16:44, Whisper wrote:

It would probably be more intelligent to change it to 'The big 5'.
--
Please support mental health research and world community grid
http://www.mentalhealthresearchuk.org.uk/

arahim

Jun 9, 2017, 1:02:21 PM6/9/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 8:44:09 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
> If so then is Stan the rightful guy in 'The big 4' over Murray?

For the last three years (2014-2016) he was part of the big 2. He had the most slams in that period after Djokovic (and was the only other multi slam winner).

Djokovic 6
Wawrinka 3
Nadal 1
Murray 1
Federer 0

ahonkan

Jun 9, 2017, 1:33:35 PM6/9/17
On Friday, 9 June 2017 21:21:53 UTC+5:30, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Amazing turnaround for a guy who had won zilch until he was 28. I think the Australian 2013 against Djokovic was the turning point for Stan, the day realized he could hang around with the top 4.

Precisely. Since then, his slam performances have been quite consistent. The
bigger the stage, the better his performance. He doesn't do so well at the
'tuneups', where the 'smallest Big 4' does much better.

Wawa coulda beaten Muzza in straights had he played a bit smarter. He lost
many points by hitting to Muzza's FH instead of the open court.

It's credit to Muzza he hung around for 5 sets by basically pushing the
ball to the other side. The match was on Wawa's racket all the way.

Yama

Jun 9, 2017, 2:11:51 PM6/9/17
Stan has never lost in a Slam final to Nadal, in fact he has never lost
a Slam final... :)

Yama

Jun 9, 2017, 2:26:28 PM6/9/17
Hoho!
So...Federer is the Invisible Woman?

SliceAndDice

Jun 9, 2017, 2:27:09 PM6/9/17
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 2:11:51 PM UTC-4, Yama wrote:
> Stan has never lost in a Slam final to Nadal, in fact he has never lost
> a Slam final... :)

That could very well end on Sunday, but I am giving Stan a chance.

TT

Jun 9, 2017, 2:39:27 PM6/9/17
Yama kirjoitti 9.6.2017 klo 21:11:
> Stan has never lost in a Slam final to Nadal, in fact he has never lost
> a Slam final... :)

About time then.

Yama

Jun 9, 2017, 6:56:31 PM6/9/17
'Statistical loss' is a superstition. Best to bet on existing trend.

grif

Jun 9, 2017, 7:38:55 PM6/9/17
Yeah, being compared with the Invisible Woman is slightly disparaging. He's more like Wonder Woman and engenders a similar kind of fervour amongst his ardent admirers :p
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/08/weep-watching-wonder-woman-you-werent-alone

bob

Jun 9, 2017, 7:41:25 PM6/9/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 01:44:01 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:

>If so then is Stan the rightful guy in 'The big 4' over Murray?

would be CGS too, no?

bob

TT

Jun 9, 2017, 7:44:57 PM6/9/17
Well, Rafa has won 9/9 RG finals...

And now the good part: His best of five record on clay is 101-2. That's
damn ridiculous!

So what were you saying about a trend? :)

SliceAndDice

Jun 9, 2017, 7:45:13 PM6/9/17
He is yet to win Wimbledon.

TT