Kim goes from AO favorite to a dud

only human

Jan 14, 2011, 9:39:10 AM1/14/11

Well its not that bad. but her recent bizarre loss being totally in
control
in the medibank final up 5-0 in the 1st set. then not being able to keep
a ball in the court has to be a major concern for her going into the AO.
she's playing in a exo before play starts. i don't see how this will
help her any. but who knows

Sakari Lund

Jan 14, 2011, 12:25:01 PM1/14/11
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:39:10 -0500, surf...@webtv.net (only human)
wrote:

>Well its not that bad. but her recent bizarre loss being totally in
>control
>in the medibank final up 5-0 in the 1st set. then not being able to keep
>a ball in the court has to be a major concern for her going into the AO.

Doesn't matter. Tune-up, good week except the final. Still the huge
favourite at AO.

>she's playing in a exo before play starts. i don't see how this will
>help her any. but who knows

She is? If that is true, sounds silly because she played this week
until the final.

Vari L. Cinicke

Jan 14, 2011, 2:43:41 PM1/14/11

It is the Flood charity event. Not a big deal I think (though she took
part in the Earthquake charity event last year and look what happened!).

--
Cheers,

vc

Sakari Lund

Jan 14, 2011, 3:10:50 PM1/14/11

I thought it must be the Fed charity event again. Damn that there are
not any other popular female players and they have to get her there
straight from the final...

Calimero

Jan 14, 2011, 3:19:06 PM1/14/11
On 14 Jan., 21:10, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:43:41 -0500, "Vari L. Cinicke"
>

> <variesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 1/14/2011 12:25 PM, Sakari Lund wrote:

> >> Doesn't matter. Tune-up, good week except the final. Still the huge
> >> favourite at AO.

> >> She is? If that is true, sounds silly because she played this week
> >> until the final.
>
> >It is the Flood charity event. Not a big deal I think (though she took
> >part in the Earthquake charity event last year and look what happened!).
>
> I thought it must be the Fed charity event again. Damn that there are
> not any other popular female players and they have to get her there
> straight from the final...

Well, Steffi can not be present everywhere!

Max

Vari L. Cinicke

Jan 14, 2011, 3:19:49 PM1/14/11

She is still Aussie Kim, isn't she?

And 10 bucks to watch Federer, Nadal, Clijsters ... is a great deal for
the fans.

--
Cheers,

vc

Whisper

Jan 15, 2011, 3:47:09 AM1/15/11
On 15/01/2011 4:25 AM, Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:39:10 -0500, surf...@webtv.net (only human)
> wrote:
>

>> Well its not that bad. but her recent bizarre loss being totally in
>> control
>> in the medibank final up 5-0 in the 1st set. then not being able to keep
>> a ball in the court has to be a major concern for her going into the AO.
>
> Doesn't matter. Tune-up, good week except the final.

Lucky to win the semi actually, down 2-4 in 3rd & needed t/b.

> Still the huge
> favourite at AO.

You still don't see why Henin beats her in the money matches?

Henin loves the tough matches & raises her form, Kim panics. That means
Henin is a superior champion.

Fan

Jan 15, 2011, 6:30:33 AM1/15/11
It is hard to understand how these so called tennis fans could be so
blind. Kim obviously had a physical problem. Maybe she suddenly
developed cramps or some other woman thing. Most female players take
some drugs to control their normal functions and that allows them to
play with the same consistency as men.
Kim showed the world that one could be a mother, a wife and a great
tennis champion at the same time, but not all the time. I believe that
her Australian chances are still very good because there was a reason
why her game went south suddenly.

Calimero

Jan 15, 2011, 8:31:28 AM1/15/11
On 15 Jan., 12:30, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It is hard to understand how these so called tennis fans could be so
> blind. Kim obviously had a physical problem. Maybe she suddenly
> developed cramps or some other woman thing. ...

Yes, cramps being a "women thing" ....
Maybe it had to do with her being a wife and mother first?

Max

Sakari Lund

Jan 15, 2011, 11:13:41 AM1/15/11
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:47:09 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:

>You still don't see why Henin beats her in the money matches?
>
>Henin loves the tough matches & raises her form, Kim panics. That means
>Henin is a superior champion.

As you posted yourself, this was the first final Kim lost after her
comeback. Won the first 6, including two slams and YEC. No panicking.

I find this bashing campaign extremely childish. I have heard all that
a million times so don't care one bit, and I doubt nobody else cares
either.

only human

Jan 15, 2011, 11:23:52 AM1/15/11

I wasn't bashing Kim at all. i like her a lot.
i just think this loss was pretty odd being in total control against a
player she owned.

Sakari Lund

Jan 15, 2011, 11:43:37 AM1/15/11
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:23:52 -0500, surf...@webtv.net (only human)
wrote:

>I wasn't bashing Kim at all. i like her a lot.
>i just think this loss was pretty odd being in total control against a
>player she owned.

I was talking to Whisper obviously.

Fan

Jan 15, 2011, 12:11:46 PM1/15/11
Looking at her face, it was easy to tell that she was under some
stress. One could see that even when she was up 50.
Your ignorance is beyod help.

only human

Jan 15, 2011, 1:13:27 PM1/15/11
Sakari you indicated you meant multiple posters as bashing Kim. since im
the creator of this thread i assume you put
me in that block of bashers. i love this Belgian. and only want to see
good things for her. this loss made no sense from what i saw. but better
to have it happen here in a tune-up instead of at the AO.
i was surprised Kim couldn't calm down and get it together after the 3
double faults in a row. it all went down hill from there. and she
couldn't keep a ball in the court after that. that was just insane!

Sakari Lund

Jan 15, 2011, 2:38:06 PM1/15/11
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:13:27 -0500, surf...@webtv.net (only human)
wrote:

>Sakari you indicated you meant multiple posters as bashing Kim. since im

>the creator of this thread i assume you put
>me in that block of bashers.

No. I said "bashing campaign" and I meant only Whisper. He paid no
attention to Sydney tournament until Kim lost, and then he started 4
(four) threads about that, with all the usual stuff about what a loser
she is. I have seen that so many times and it is so totally boring and
childish.

>i love this Belgian. and only want to see
>good things for her.

I know, I know. Don't worry, it was not about you.

>this loss made no sense from what i saw. but better
>to have it happen here in a tune-up instead of at the AO.
>i was surprised Kim couldn't calm down and get it together after the 3
>double faults in a row. it all went down hill from there. and she
>couldn't keep a ball in the court after that. that was just insane!

Don't worry about that either, it was just a tune-up.