Memorable Quotes from RST Archives, #8

Sao Paulo Swallow

Sep 29, 2010, 2:37:50 PM9/29/10
A blast from the past. Not so memorable, really, but a clue to
Whisper's identity. From a Nov. 16, 2002 discussion of Nemanja's
gender, Richard Rundle, then Robert B. Waltz, then Whisper:

> > It's the final vowel. At least, *I* expect names ending in -a
> > to be female. Wrong language group, obviously. :-)

> I think it's *any* vowel ending name tends (not 100% obviously) to be
> female in English names. On auto-pilot, I also thought for a while that
> Sakari was female as well (!). My mistake.

My real name ends in 'a' too...... : )

Sakari Lund

Sep 30, 2010, 5:06:24 PM9/30/10

I remember that post... Are you sure the first two posts are Richard
Rundle, then Robert B. Waltz? I would think it was vice versa.

Sao Paulo Swallow

Sep 30, 2010, 5:55:35 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 2:06 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:37:50 -0700 (PDT), Sao Paulo Swallow

You're right:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/a540064a45b0b62c/0de9af749852f73a?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Rundle+%2B+Nemanja+#0de9af749852f73a

Sakari Lund

Sep 30, 2010, 6:33:35 PM9/30/10

Ah, very nice thread back the memory lane. In the beginning, comments
about Kim beating Serena, apparently at YEC 2002. Then all the posts
from Nemanja, Waltz, dar (who probably was pretty much out of rst at
that point, but made some appearances).

Shakes

Sep 30, 2010, 6:45:36 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 3:33 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:55:35 -0700 (PDT), Sao Paulo Swallow
>

> <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Sep 30, 2:06 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

> >> I remember that post... Are you sure the first two posts are Richard
> >> Rundle, then Robert B. Waltz? I would think it was vice versa.
>
> >You're right:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/...

> Ah, very nice thread back the memory lane. In the beginning, comments
> about Kim beating Serena, apparently at YEC 2002. Then all the posts
> from Nemanja, Waltz, dar (who probably was pretty much out of rst at
> that point, but made some appearances).

Two posters I really loved from back then were Dudewaba and Lloyd. But
I recall Lloyd having some run-ins with Whisper, Jaros etc. :-)
Dudewaba used to write really lengthy posts, but usually made some
excellent points.

Sao Paulo Swallow

Sep 30, 2010, 6:47:00 PM9/30/10

I always like dar. Smart and a good writer.

Whisper

Oct 2, 2010, 9:06:25 AM10/2/10

Lloyd was ok - biggest Henin fan in rst, so we had some common ground.
Don't think he liked Sampras though so not too sharp overall?

MBDunc

Oct 2, 2010, 12:22:56 PM10/2/10

Dudewaba was otherwise great but his eternal love for Bruguera was a
bit odd.

.mikko

bob

Oct 2, 2010, 2:05:46 PM10/2/10
On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:45:36 -0700 (PDT), Shakes <kvcs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

i recall jaros actually humbling lloyd on numerous occasions.

bob