Go Federer get the 6th US open

PeteWasLucky

Jul 16, 2017, 10:55:30 AM7/16/17
You are the favorite for me. Skip Canada and take Cinci.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 12:48:26 PM7/16/17
> On 7/16/2017 9:55 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> You are the favorite for me. Skip Canada and take Cinci.

A 6th US Open, which would break his tie with Connors and Sampras for
Open Era greatest, and which would also give him a 20th slam title,
would indeed be sweet.

---

kaennorsing

Jul 16, 2017, 1:08:36 PM7/16/17
Op zondag 16 juli 2017 18:48:26 UTC+2 schreef StephenJ:
> > On 7/16/2017 9:55 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > You are the favorite for me. Skip Canada and take Cinci.
> >

> A 6th US Open, which would break his tie with Connors and Sampras for
> Open Era greatest, and which would also give him a 20th slam title,
> would indeed be sweet.

Sweet? It would be mindblowing. Winning 3 out of 3 slams played in a year after knee surgery, 6 months off and virtually written off as a 36 year old?

It already is more than sweet right now. It's hard to comprehend. Now if he also wins the USO let's just make him king of the world or something. :))

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2017, 5:10:49 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 7:55:30 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> You are the favorite for me. Skip Canada and take Cinci.
> --

Play Montreal and skip Cincinnati! He has enough of that really tacky pottery from Ohio (Says the Cincinnati Reds fan)

Sorry, I am biased on this matter... Rafa's scheduled for Montreal... [tease]... :)

PeteWasLucky

Jul 16, 2017, 5:25:17 PM7/16/17
> Sorry, I am biased on this matter... Rafa's scheduled for Montrea

Cinci is hot, fast and just before the US open.
Ideal preparation.

Breeder

Jul 16, 2017, 6:07:59 PM7/16/17
Were this anybody else, I'd be very suspicious of the results and start looking for chemical explanations. The fact that I don't believe PEDs are a factor--and I don't think anyone else does either--speaks very highly of how Federer is regarded.

kaennorsing

Jul 16, 2017, 6:36:28 PM7/16/17
Op maandag 17 juli 2017 00:07:59 UTC+2 schreef Breeder:
Agreed, although I wouldn't say anyone (there is one around here). It's because it's clear to see how his backhand is technically better this year, which has helped his entire game become more offensive and efficient. Then his confidence was built up from the start of the year... And so a fit, well rested Federer full of confidence is just something else.

RaspingDrive

Jul 16, 2017, 8:23:38 PM7/16/17
It helps though that Djok and Murray are not at their best.

Court_1

Jul 17, 2017, 1:08:36 AM7/17/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:07:59 PM UTC-4, Breeder wrote:

> Were this anybody else, I'd be very suspicious of the results and start looking for chemical explanations. The fact that I don't believe PEDs are a factor--and I don't think anyone else does either--speaks very highly of how Federer is regarded.

LMAO that PEDS aren't a factor. Get real.

kaennorsing

Jul 17, 2017, 4:28:35 AM7/17/17
Op maandag 17 juli 2017 02:23:38 UTC+2 schreef RaspingDrive:
It wouldn't have mattered much imo. Look what he did to Rafa, his toughest challenger this year... I think this version of Federer is better than peak Djoker and especially Murray. Peak Djoker had enough trouble with the 'old' Federer and Murray never got the better of any Federer, in slams anyway.