USA Davis Cup collapse vs Spain

steve jaros

Jul 9, 2011, 12:26:22 AM7/9/11
We put the tie in Roddick's home town and on slick indoor surface, and
to top it all off Nadal isn't playing and .... we're down 0-2 anyway.

what an abortion ...

--
There comes a point in the downward slide of the human condition
when a man ceases to be a man. He may still walk erect, but it is

- Harlan Ellison

Thomas R. Kettler

Jul 9, 2011, 6:41:20 AM7/9/11
In article <iv8l9i$lkb$1...@dont-email.me>,
steve jaros <sja...@chill.com> wrote:

> We put the tie in Roddick's home town and on slick indoor surface, and
> to top it all off Nadal isn't playing and .... we're down 0-2 anyway.
>
> what an abortion ...

Since you used we implying that you had something to do with it, if you
served and returned better, it would be 1-1.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Calimero

Jul 9, 2011, 7:34:19 AM7/9/11
On 9 Jul., 06:26, steve jaros <sjar...@chill.com> wrote:
> We put the tie in Roddick's home town and on slick indoor surface, and
> to top it all off Nadal isn't playing and .... we're down 0-2 anyway.
>
> what an abortion ...

What did you expect?

Max

TT

Jul 9, 2011, 8:55:42 AM7/9/11
9.7.2011 7:26, steve jaros kirjoitti:
> We put the tie in Roddick's home town and on slick indoor surface, and
> to top it all off Nadal isn't playing and .... we're down 0-2 anyway.

Well we always knew you're worthless.

Maybe Spaniards are doing well now because they got used to strange and
fast DC surfaces at France last year...

Anyway, if Spain wins they'll meet France in Spain...prob Monfils+Tsonga.

Could meet Argentina in the final, facing Delpo+Nalby in Spain.
But more likely they'll meet Serbs, in Serbia. That should be a
cracker...would come down to Djok-Nad battle probably.

Vamos!

Sakari Lund

Jul 9, 2011, 8:58:42 AM7/9/11

Gee, I wonder who would win that "battle"...?

:-)

TT

Jul 9, 2011, 9:08:12 AM7/9/11

Well you never know. The pressure would probably be on Djokovic this time.

Adama

Jul 9, 2011, 10:11:22 AM7/9/11

"TT" <as...@usenet.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
TcYRp.57866$mX5....@uutiset.elisa.fi...

> Anyway, if Spain wins they'll meet France in Spain...prob Monfils+Tsonga.

Gasquet was picked over Tsonga to play on the german clay this week end.
Tsonga only played the double (with Llodra)
Not sure if Forget would dare to play Gasquet against the spaniards in Spain
though ...

Gasquet won the match after being 2 sets and a break down in the third. The
german served for the match at 5-4, but did some epic choking, not being
able to win a single point on his serve ... I am sure Gasquet was proud of
him. (after all, at 4-4 in the third, Gasquet managed to lose his serve on a
DF and he lost the first two sets after being twice the first to break in
the set)

only human

Jul 9, 2011, 10:30:04 AM7/9/11

Typical arrogant americans taking advantages in sports. serves them
right

Scott

Jul 9, 2011, 10:40:13 AM7/9/11

lol. Nadal's foot go bad, no? can't play because doctor says.

number_six

Jul 9, 2011, 11:22:11 AM7/9/11
On Jul 8, 9:26 pm, steve jaros <sjar...@chill.com> wrote:
> We put the tie in Roddick's home town and on slick indoor surface, and
> to top it all off Nadal isn't playing and .... we're down 0-2 anyway.

Sad but not that surprising. Ferrer has always been a very tough
matchup for Roddick.

Superdave

Jul 9, 2011, 12:06:30 PM7/9/11
On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 23:26:22 -0500, steve jaros <sja...@chill.com> wrote:

>We put the tie in Roddick's home town and on slick indoor surface, and
>to top it all off Nadal isn't playing and .... we're down 0-2 anyway.
>
>what an abortion ...

tennis is dead in the USA just like everything else.

the only thing the usa is best at is WAR !

and that sucks.