new stats needed

Scott

Apr 23, 2011, 4:38:10 PM4/23/11
ATP "tennis" circa 2011 seriously needs to expand the capabilities of
the shot-tracking system in order to monitor RPM.

We need a new statistic:

RPM per Topspin Shot: RPMTS

Rules: Only topspin shots are counted. this means serves, slices,
volleys and overheads are not included.

what would we have with RPMTS? We could track Rafa's performance
measured against his topspin. Is he having close sets (i.e., 6-4 or
6-3) against opponents because his RPMTS is low? Is he handing bakery
products to the opposition when his RPMTS is high?

We could have many averages computed:

ARPMTS: average RPM per Topspin Shot through the match.

ARPMTSS: average RPM per Topspin Shot through the last set.

ARPMTSG: through the last game.

This way we could compare Rafa's era with future topspinners to enable
GOAT discussions using 2011's most relevant data.

Iceberg

Apr 23, 2011, 4:42:43 PM4/23/11

I thought all he did was moonball and that was pretty much it.

Scott

Apr 25, 2011, 12:02:03 PM4/25/11

nope. Rafa's success is entirely dependent on the RPM he generates.

when the next ultimate-topspinner comes along he too will be #1.

tracking their respective RPM stats will help the future GTOAT
discussions. (greatest topspinner of all time).