Federer v Zverev

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 2:42:03 PM7/8/17
Vintage grasscourt stuff. Mischa forcing Roger to raise his level and Roger responding beautifully. Very enjoyable match so far.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 8, 2017, 2:47:22 PM7/8/17
Federer has been nervous this match and the previous one.
He admitted it after last match.

Reminds me with FO 2009.

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 2:59:05 PM7/8/17
No respite for Fed from now on. Djokovic seems to be finding his form. Dimitrov is playing very well too, and Raonic is always dangerous with that serve. But if anyone can do it, it's Roger.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 8, 2017, 3:14:11 PM7/8/17
> No respite for Fed from now on. Djokovic seems to be finding his form. Dimitrov is playing very well too, and Raonic is always dangerous with that serve. But if anyone can do it, it's Roger.

Nadal got it easy

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 3:32:55 PM7/8/17
I would rather see a battle tested Fed in the final, if he gets that far.

Nadal does have a roadblock in Cilic. Murray he might have an easier time with.

RaspingDrive

Jul 8, 2017, 3:34:37 PM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 2:42:03 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Vintage grasscourt stuff. Mischa forcing Roger to raise his level and Roger responding beautifully. Very enjoyable match so far.

Federer perhaps needs to improve his first serve efficacy.

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 3:47:14 PM7/8/17
Another player who caught my attention was Sam Querrey. He has the game to do well here, and does not seem to be intimidated by the big 4. That said, he could just as easily lose in the next round to Kandy.

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 3:47:33 PM7/8/17
Agreed.

RaspingDrive

Jul 8, 2017, 3:48:53 PM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 3:47:14 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Another player who caught my attention was Sam Querrey. He has the game to do well here, and does not seem to be intimidated by the big 4. That said, he could just as easily lose in the next round to Kandy.

Whose quarter is he in? I like Querrey.

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 3:49:18 PM7/8/17
Murray's.

RaspingDrive

Jul 8, 2017, 4:06:28 PM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 3:49:18 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Murray's.

I see. Go Querrey :)

kaennorsing

Jul 8, 2017, 5:13:51 PM7/8/17
Op zaterdag 8 juli 2017 20:47:22 UTC+2 schreef PeteWasLucky:
> Federer has been nervous this match and the previous one.
> He admitted it after last match.
>
> Reminds me with FO 2009.

His backhand has looked shaky since his return up until the 2nd set today, from when he seemed to find a bit better rhythm and unleashed some beauties. Lots of easy misses up until that point though. I guess that's the danger of not playing for a couple of months. The great timing is gone... I suppose that would have made him nervous.

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 8, 2017, 7:20:23 PM7/8/17
Le samedi 8 juillet 2017 20:42:03 UTC+2, SliceAndDice a écrit :
> Vintage grasscourt stuff. Mischa forcing Roger to raise his level and Roger responding beautifully. Very enjoyable match so far.

Watched a good bunch of that match (while haing a drink with friend, hence on the mobile), I would never have bet that Federer would end with such stats:
60 Winners / 7 UE !

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 8, 2017, 8:51:17 PM7/8/17
An ominous sign, if he can keep trending this way... ???

PeteWasLucky

Jul 8, 2017, 10:19:14 PM7/8/17
> His backhand has looked shaky since his return up until the 2nd set today, from when he seemed to find a bit better rhythm and unleashed some beauties. Lots of easy misses up until that point though. I guess that's the danger of not playing for a couple of months. The great timing is gone... I suppose that would have made him nervous.

He does only what gets him the win.

ahonkan

Jul 10, 2017, 5:00:43 AM7/10/17
On Sunday, 9 July 2017 00:12:03 UTC+5:30, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Vintage grasscourt stuff. Mischa forcing Roger to raise his level and Roger responding beautifully. Very enjoyable match so far.

Mischa was 20:9 on W:UE while Fed was an unbelievable 61:7.
That correctly shows the high caliber of the match.

I'd put Djoker-Rafa-Fed in a joint heap at the top, with Andy a couple
of rungs below based on form displayed in first week.
Raonic-Sascha Zverev should be the best match, along with Halep-Azarenka.
Svitolina-Ostapenko should be good too.
Berdych-Thiem, Agut-Cilic, Querrey-Anderson, Kerber-Muguruza and
Radwanska-Kuznetsova should be intriguing too.
All in all, we are looking at a very interesting set of matches.

John Liang

Jul 10, 2017, 7:18:50 AM7/10/17
I think Djoker is probably the sharpest at the moment. Mischa is a rare player in today's game because he was the only player that play s/v on both first and second serve, rest parts of his game just don't compete well enough to trouble Federer, so Federer probably was in third gear to get through that match. Nadal played Khachanov who was missing in action in most of part of the first two sets of the match with far too many errors and xmas presents, Khanchanov played up to his capability in 3rd, as the match tightened in the third Nadal started to drop back behind the baseline and making a lot of uncharacteristic errors, some of his shot selections were poor in the last few games of the third. Not for a minute would I put the form of Djoker, Fed and Nadal's current form as way above the others.

Whisper

Jul 10, 2017, 7:45:19 AM7/10/17
To me it looks like;

Rafa
Fed
Djoker
Murray

In that order.

Cilic is the darkhorse, but he'll have to hit all the lines & play
lights out to win the title.

---
http://www.avg.com

ali...@alinefx.com