OT: New Search Engine: Unbubble

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 1:13:07 PM8/6/17
I've been using Startpage and, much less, Duckduckgo.

This new one looks potentially better:

https://unbubble.io/signup

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 1:14:54 PM8/6/17
Try this link if interested:

https://www.unbubble.eu/

*skriptis

Aug 6, 2017, 1:22:23 PM8/6/17
Carey <carey...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
> Try this link if interested:
>
> https://www.unbubble.eu/

Ok, but some more info, what do they offer?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

TT

Aug 6, 2017, 1:24:56 PM8/6/17
Carey kirjoitti 6.8.2017 klo 20:14:
> Try this link if interested:
>
> https://www.unbubble.eu/

Doesn't seem to find videos as easily as google...

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 1:26:12 PM8/6/17
On Sunday, August 6, 2017 at 10:22:23 AM UTC-7, *skriptis wrote:
> Carey Wrote in message:
> > Try this link if interested:
> >
> > https://www.unbubble.eu/
> >

> Ok, but some more info, what do they offer?
> --

They claim to have less subjective search results than Goog and the like.
If you've done any reading about Goog's new algorithms, that might be of interest.

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 1:27:36 PM8/6/17
Yeah, since G and YT are one thing, that doesn't surprise me.

See how it goes.

jdeluise

Aug 6, 2017, 1:36:24 PM8/6/17
From the about page:

For this purpose, we pull results from many search engines
simultaneously, and assess the neutrality of these sources

And how do they do that?

*skriptis

Aug 6, 2017, 1:37:40 PM8/6/17
Carey <carey...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
I didn't, but I remember Google doing some fakery last year with
their search results. They don't seem trustworthy any more.

<https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/05/google-alters-
search-autocomplete-remove-are-jews-evil-suggestion>

It's a silly auto complete suggestion, but it's what people ask,
or were asking so why interfere with it? Should they remove all
suspicious, dubious suggestions based on questions that people
might ask on every subject, regarding every group?

Dumb, slutty blondes, aggressive pit bulls, radical Muslims,
Mexican rapists etc?

In the end you have censorship and fake news.

jdeluise

Aug 6, 2017, 1:40:42 PM8/6/17
And they do try to go into some extremely limited detail focused more on
silencing valid criticism than providing any detail. Notably filled with
spelling and grammar errors. Is this open source?

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 1:42:59 PM8/6/17
Dunno. How's your luck with a Googie search these days?

I'll continue to look for close-to-the-source information.

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 1:43:51 PM8/6/17
OK, thanks for that info.

jdeluise

Aug 6, 2017, 1:52:18 PM8/6/17
On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 10:42:58 -0700, Carey wrote:

> Dunno. How's your luck with a Googie search these days?
>
> I'll continue to look for close-to-the-source information.

From a meta search engine?

Carey

Aug 6, 2017, 2:01:46 PM8/6/17
Maybe you understand search engines and their algos better than me.

That is certainly possible!

grif

Aug 6, 2017, 2:34:17 PM8/6/17
On 06/08/2017 18:14, Carey wrote:
> Try this link if interested:
>
> https://www.unbubble.eu/

Sorry, but we need the most popular search engine to develop Ava!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOXWHbyfjo#t=1m50s

Whisper

Aug 7, 2017, 6:27:13 AM8/7/17
Whoever pays them more $$$ for advertising is deemed 'more neutral'.

---
http://www.avg.com

Carey

Aug 7, 2017, 9:45:38 AM8/7/17
Y'all should stick with the Trusted™ brand names.

thinking is hard

jdeluise

Aug 7, 2017, 10:22:58 AM8/7/17
On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 06:45:36 -0700, Carey wrote:

> thinking is hard

Perhaps for you..

Carey

Aug 7, 2017, 10:32:11 AM8/7/17
yer onto me deluise

bob

Aug 8, 2017, 9:56:31 PM8/8/17
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:26:11 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
i have done some reading on goog's algorithms actually. alphabet and
facebook are 2 peas in a pod - tell them only what you want them to
know, hide that which you don't.

that's why numerous sources (or an unbiased search engine) are a
necessary alternative.

bob

bob

Aug 8, 2017, 9:59:25 PM8/8/17
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 11:01:44 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
any search engine's algorithm is as good as the bias of the team
writing it.

bob

Carey

Aug 8, 2017, 10:19:16 PM8/8/17
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:59:25 PM UTC-7, bob wrote:

> any search engine's algorithm is as good as the bias of the team
> writing it.
>
> bob

...and, curiously, since Googie's very recent algorithm change (called 'Fred',
I believe), it has gotten much more difficult to find both sites and
decent, unburied search results...

surely a coincidence.