CEOs of all those big companies who criticized Trump for leaving the Paris Climate Accord will fly commercial in the future (no private jets anymore)!

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 3, 2017, 6:07:55 PM6/3/17
Just joking ...

Of course they won't do that.

i'm beginning to understand why Americans elected the orange clown in the first place. Just wanted to show the middle finger to those hypocrites.

But - is fascism really the solution .... ?

Max

*skriptis

Jun 3, 2017, 6:30:03 PM6/3/17
calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:
History tell us that e.g. Spain, Argentina, Chile had fascism and
none of these countries were threats to others.

Also according to you Russia is currently fascist, and now America
heads in that direction, yet we're all still here, safe and
happy.

It seems only German fascism was devious and sent the world into
destruction.

Maybe the problem wasn't in the fascism?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

bob

Jun 3, 2017, 6:32:03 PM6/3/17
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:07:54 -0700 (PDT), calim...@gmx.de wrote:

>Just joking ...
>Of course they won't do that.

elon musk flies private jet, i think i read it burns 490gal/hr.

>i'm beginning to understand why Americans elected the orange clown in the first place. Just wanted to show the middle finger to those hypocrites.

you don't say? when i railed about this for a year, where were you?

>But - is fascism really the solution .... ?

??

bob

Brian W Lawrence

Jun 4, 2017, 2:54:57 AM6/4/17
On 03/06/2017 23:32, bob wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:07:54 -0700 (PDT), calim...@gmx.de wrote:
>
>> Just joking ...
>> Of course they won't do that.
>
> elon musk flies private jet, i think i read it burns 490gal/hr.

It seems Musk has a Gulfstream G650, but it's the upgrade ER (extended
range) model. It's capable of Mach 0.9 at which speed it consumes
~3500lbs/hr. However on the longest flights they tend to cruise at
about Mach 0.85, using ~2800lbs/hr. The routine cruising speed is
about Mach 0.87 burning ~3100lbs/hr.

The standard conversion from pounds to gallons is to divide by 6.79,
which gives 412g/hr, 456g/hr & 575g/hr. Generally it's a bit slower
than a commercial wide-body, but also needs more fuel despite having
half as many engines. Wide-bodies consume ~400+ gallons per hour.

To put the figures into context BP estimates that aircraft world wide
consume about 230m gallons of fuel per day, roughly 10m per hour on
average, 20,000 times as much as a G650. I have no idea how many times
Musk uses his plane, but I doubt it's as frequent as once a week, and
not all flights will be long-haul ones.

It is estimated that all world aircraft combined only contribute about
3% of the CO2 added to the atmosphere. So even if Musk's plane did fly
every day it would be adding only 0.00015% of CO2.

That said, CO2 isn't the most abundant greenhouse gas (GHG), but jet
planes do also add to the most abundant GHG, which is water vapour.
Unfortunately they also produce H2O at high altitudes where it cannot
quickly be absorbed into clouds, and eventually precipitation.

Aviation isn't high on the list of targets for carbon reduction.

---
http://www.avg.com

bob

Jun 4, 2017, 1:54:35 PM6/4/17
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 07:54:51 +0100, Brian W Lawrence
<brian_w_...@msn.com> wrote:

>On 03/06/2017 23:32, bob wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:07:54 -0700 (PDT), calim...@gmx.de wrote:
>>
>>> Just joking ...
>>> Of course they won't do that.
>>
>> elon musk flies private jet, i think i read it burns 490gal/hr.
>
>It seems Musk has a Gulfstream G650, but it's the upgrade ER (extended
>range) model. It's capable of Mach 0.9 at which speed it consumes
>~3500lbs/hr. However on the longest flights they tend to cruise at
>about Mach 0.85, using ~2800lbs/hr. The routine cruising speed is
>about Mach 0.87 burning ~3100lbs/hr.
>
>The standard conversion from pounds to gallons is to divide by 6.79,
>which gives 412g/hr, 456g/hr & 575g/hr.

egads, i was off a few %. guess i'll have to argue for a month with
Pelle now. :-)

> Generally it's a bit slower
>than a commercial wide-body, but also needs more fuel despite having
>half as many engines. Wide-bodies consume ~400+ gallons per hour.
>To put the figures into context BP estimates that aircraft world wide
>consume about 230m gallons of fuel per day, roughly 10m per hour on
>average, 20,000 times as much as a G650. I have no idea how many times
>Musk uses his plane, but I doubt it's as frequent as once a week, and
>not all flights will be long-haul ones.
>It is estimated that all world aircraft combined only contribute about
>3% of the CO2 added to the atmosphere. So even if Musk's plane did fly
>every day it would be adding only 0.00015% of CO2.
>That said, CO2 isn't the most abundant greenhouse gas (GHG), but jet
>planes do also add to the most abundant GHG, which is water vapour.
>Unfortunately they also produce H2O at high altitudes where it cannot
>quickly be absorbed into clouds, and eventually precipitation.
>Aviation isn't high on the list of targets for carbon reduction.

air travel has no alternative. cars, buses, trains all can support
each other.

i don't mind musk, i'm picking up one of his teslas in 2 weeks. but
he's as hypocritical as anyone else. he's a businessman 1st, an
environmentalist 2nd.

bob