We have an UN ambassador who hasn't learned the catastrophic lesson of G W Bush's hardline of "you're either with us or against us". Now Russia and China have jointly informed the world: First strike not an option and Pentagon Chief also says war with North Korea would be "catastrophic"

已查看 19 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

lo yeeOn

未读,
2017年5月28日 19:04:562017/5/28
收件人
I.e., if we're thinking of going it alone and striking North Korea by
ourselves, don't expect major nations around the world to back us up.
May peace prevail.

Nikki Haley is driving the presently circulating narrative that a
country we don't like, such as North Korea, cannot be allowed to
implement a viable self-defense system, despite the fact that we play
the role of the aggressor ourselves - pursuing a hegemonic program
that plops ourselves down every year right at its front yard,
threatening to "decapitate" its government.

Haley: "Not one country is immune to the threat from North Korea."

If what she said had a ring of truth to it, why then have Russia and
China not been shaking in their boots and saying, "yes sire, massa"?

Why does Washington send a representative to the world and say things
that few. except our political cronies in our various vassal states,
would buy?

Dr. Stephen Price, medical director, DULA International showed us that
we can have peace with North Korea, despite the wolf cries and the
drumbeats of war from Washington.

"Disability knows no international boundary or political boundary"

"The pianists, dancers, choreographers, ..., the teachers, they are
amazing ... Rather than being people who are disenfrachised or
shunned, they become people who are almost fulfilling an
ambassadorial role. [They, not Nikki Haley, should be ambassadors
to the UN.] Their disability knows no international boundary or
political boundary... What we hear outside North Korea does not
reflect who the people are..."

Their trip was organised with the help of retired GP, Dr Stephen
Price, from LLanover, Monmouthshire, who has been visiting North
Korea for the last 10 years as part of his work with the charity
DULA International.
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-wales-40078961/disabled-north-korean-musicians-showcase-talent-on-uk-tour

May peace prevail on the Korean peninsula.

lo yeeOn

1) China: No one has right to bring war & chaos to Korean Peninsula

China's foreign minister has warned that no one has the right to bring
war or chaos to the Korean Peninsula, and that anyone who does will
bear responsibility. It comes just one day after Seoul fired warning
shots at a suspected drone from North Korea.

May 24, 2017 16:25

https://www.rt.com/news/389608-china-war-korean-peninsula/

China's foreign minister has warned that no one has the right to bring
war or chaos to the Korean Peninsula, and that anyone who does will
bear responsibility. It comes just one day after Seoul fired warning
shots at a suspected drone from North Korea.

"No matter which party it is, no one has the right to bring war and
chaos upon the peninsula," Wang Yi told reporters on Wednesday,
following a meeting with his German counterpart, Sigmar Gabriel.

Wang added that anyone who brings such chaos will bear "historical
responsibility".

-----

2) Pentagon chief: War with North Korea would be catastrophic
By Max Greenwood - 05/28/17 12:20 PM EDT

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/335483-pentagon-chief-war-with-north-korea-would-be-catastrophic

Defense Secretary James Mattis warned on Sunday that a war with North
Korea would be "catastrophic," and would place United States allies in
the region at extreme risk.

"The North Korean regime has hundreds of artillery cannons and rocket
launchers within range of one of the most densely populated cities on
earth, which is the capital of South Korea," Mattis said on CBS's
"Face the Nation."

"This regime is a threat to the region, to Japan, to South Korea. And
in the event of war, they would bring danger to China and to Russia as
well," he added. "But the bottom line is it would be a catastrophic
war if this turns into a combat if we're not able to resolve this
situation through diplomatic means.

-----

2a) Direct from CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/war-with-north-korea-would-be-catastrophic-mattis-says/

Last Updated May 28, 2017 11:56 AM EDT

U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis says that war with North Korea
-- should tensions ever come to that -- would be "catastrophic."

"A conflict in North Korea, John, would be probably the worst kind of
fighting in most people's lifetimes," Mattis told CBS News' "Face the
Nation" host John Dickerson in his first official interview as defense
secretary.

The North Korean regime has hundreds of artillery cannons and rocket
launchers within range of one of the most densely populated cities on
Earth -- Seoul, the capital of South Korea, Mattis said.

North Korea is a threat to the surrounding region, including Japan,
China and Russia, he said.

"But the bottom line is it would be a catastrophic war if this turns
into a combat if we're not able to resolve this situation through
diplomatic means," Mattis said.

The defense secretary said North Korea isn't only a threat abroad,
calling it a "direct threat to the United States."

"They have been very clear in their rhetoric we don't have to wait
until they have an intercont- intercontinental ballistic missile with
a nuclear weapon on it to say that now it's manifested completely,"
Mattis said.

North Korea has attempted seven missile tests in 2017, including two
recent tests in one week alone, keeping the world on edge.

"We always assume that with a testing program they get better with
each test," Mattis said.

Mattis declined to say when North Korea could reach a red-line point
of no return.

"We consider it a direct threat even today, the North Korean threat,"
Mattis said. "As far as that specific threat, I don't want to put a
timeline on it. At this time, what we know, I'd prefer to keep silent
about because we may actually know some things the North Koreans don't
even know."

Preparing for North Korea's growing threat, the Pentagon will attempt
to shoot down an intercontinental-range missile for the first time in
a test this week, with the goal of more closely simulating a North
Korean ICBM aimed at the U.S.

The American interceptor has succeeded in nine of 17 attempts since
1999. The most recent test in June 2014 was a success, but that was
only after three failures. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has vowed
to possess a missile capable of reaching the U.S., and though he
hasn't yet tested such a missile, Pentagon officials are on their
toes.

In the 2018 budget the White House offered to Congress earlier this
week, the Pentagon proposed spending $7.9 billion on missile defense.

--------------------

3) China Gains Russia's Support on North Korea Issue
http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/china-gains-russias-support-on-north-korea-issue/

Both China and Russia emphasize searching for a solely political
solution.

By DD Wu May 27, 2017

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi paid an official visit to Russia from
May 25 to 26 and had a talk with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey
Lavrov. Both ministers reached an agreement on that military means
"should never be an option" for solving the North Korea issue.

During a press conference together with Lavrov, Wang said:

Regarding [the] Korean Peninsula, China advocates resolving the
issue through peaceful means including dialogue and negotiations,
on the basis of strict implementation of the UN Security Council
resolutions... Military means can never solve the problem and will
only bring greater problems and a serious consequence. Whether in
the past or in the future, the military means should never be an
option for any country. China and Russia have reached a high degree
of consensus on this issue.

-----

4) Nikki Haley's G W Bush talk shows the neocons continue to exercise
great influence on US foreign policy, especially, war and peace

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/world/asia/us-south-korea-north-korea-nuclear.html?_r=0

UNITED NATIONS - The American ambassador to the United Nations on
Tuesday called for stiffening sanctions against North Korea and
perhaps even punishing those who continue to help it, even as she
acknowledged that there was no consensus yet with the North's powerful
backers in China.

"We have to turn around and tell the entire international community:
You either support North Korea or you support us," the ambassador,
Nikki R. Haley, told reporters. "The United States is not past
looking at third-country entities who are helping North Korea and
putting sanctions against them. If you're supporting North Korea,
you're against the rest of the international community.

Ms. Haley's comments came as the United Nations Security Council met
to discuss how to respond to North Korea's latest ballistic missile
test over the weekend. Asked if China had agreed to new sanctions,
Ms. Haley said: "We don't have it done yet. We are working with
Beijing along with South Korea as well as Japan."

She also pointedly reminded Russia that the North's latest missile
test had reached close to Russia's border. "You either support North
Korea or you don't," she said. "But you have to choose; you have to
pick a side."

"Not one country is immune to the threat from North Korea," she added.

. . .

bmo...@nyx.net

未读,
2017年5月28日 22:46:122017/5/28
收件人
Peace will never prevail as long as you and your ilk refuse to acknowledge the role President Trump has in the warmongering.

lo yeeOn

未读,
2017年5月30日 20:22:012017/5/30
收件人
In article <9857ced7-543b-4181...@googlegroups.com>,
If acknowledging the role President Trump has in warmongering, then it
is totally worth it.

I would like to see Koreans live. Like Jimmy Dore has been saying,
the Trump is bringing out the ugly side of the neocons' vision of a
globe under their collective thumb when George W Bush, Obama and
Hillary were acting and pretending that they were bringing peace to
the world when they were actually killing innocent people.

Of course, Trump has a role in it. How could he have acted otherwise
- when the real battle before Trump is the struggle with the deeply
entrenched force which is in collusion with the Deep State?

In addition to dropping the MOAB into Afghanistan, Trump lobbed 59
tomahawks into Syria, violating international law but appeasing the
neocons.

The neocons praised him but implored him to keep up with the bombing
(and therefore the warmongering).

In fact, Hillary herself has made the comment that it would be useless
if Trump would not keep up bombing Syria. Even in defeat, Hillary
knows what the neocons want - war!

(Nobody knows what the neocons want better than Hillary. That's why
she was such a favorite for the warmongering neocons. Just that
Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania had voters/workers who didn't
play ball with the neocons, you know.)

So you see: I can remain true to myself by acknowledging "the role
President Trump has in the warmongering".

I hope President Trump will keep the Pope's message in his thought
everyday and in the mean time hand out an olive branch to everyone in
the world and say that when America comes first, that's what America
is like and Americans will be at peace with everyone.

The Pope gave the president a young olive tree. The pope knows what
is good for mankind. The pope wants peace for mankind. May peace
prevail!

But what really counts is that America comes back from its hegemony
way. That's the sure way that peace will prevail on earth.

lo yeeOn
0 个新帖子