Marijuana question sky-rockets to top of new White House petition site

1 view

Superdave

Sep 23, 2011, 9:22:57 PM9/23/11
Marijuana question sky-rockets to top of new White House petition site

A petition to legalize and regulate marijuana quickly jumped to the top of a the
White House's online petition site on Thursday, the first same day it was
launched.

The petition, on the White House's "We the People" site, asks: "Isn't it time to
legalize and regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol? If not, please
explain why you feel that the continued criminalization of cannabis will achieve
the results in the future that it has never achieved in the past?"

The White House has promised to issue an official response for any petition that
gets at least 5,000 signatures within 30 days. As of Thursday night, the
marijuana petition already had more than 10,000 signatures.

Now it's 20,000 + !

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/22/marijuana-question-sky-rockets-to-top-of-new-white-house-petition-site/

Iceberg

Sep 24, 2011, 8:36:29 AM9/24/11
> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/22/marijuana-question-sky-rockets-...

great stuff! let's up the number of yanks addicated to dope in
addition to food, smokes and alcohol! chuck that one in and Obama's
free healthcare will bankrupt the nation within a decade!

Scott

Sep 24, 2011, 11:32:34 AM9/24/11
Iceberg, ??? how about slowing down. can't understand exactly what
you're ranting about or against.

TennisGuy

Sep 24, 2011, 1:08:38 PM9/24/11
On Sep 24, 11:32 am, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > great stuff! let's up the number of yanks addicated to dope in
> > addition to food, smokes and alcohol! chuck that one in and Obama's
> > free healthcare will bankrupt the nation within a decade!
>
> Iceberg, ???  how about slowing down.  can't understand exactly what
> you're ranting about or against.

Now you know how others feel whenever you make a post here on rst.

bob

Sep 24, 2011, 5:34:21 PM9/24/11
decade? nah - 5 yrs.

bob

Scott

Sep 24, 2011, 6:45:59 PM9/24/11
links?

Iceberg

Sep 25, 2011, 5:48:46 AM9/25/11
anywhere that's legalised dope has seen a huge rise in addiction
rates, as if Obama's free healthcare isn't burdened enough with you
guys all being addcited to junk food, cigarettes and alcohol, adding
dope to that list will prob tip it over the edge.

Scott

Sep 25, 2011, 6:30:01 PM9/25/11

marijuana is a medical miracle. studies show it curing cancer,
glaucoma and Alzheimer's. it also is arguably more effective at
countering depression than various over-the-counter crap like Xanax.

also, Obama's healthcare isn't free. It encourages employers to cut
back on health care plans. Non-covered individuals must pay a for-
profit monstrosity to see a doctor. Does that make you happy?

Iceberg

Sep 25, 2011, 7:24:54 PM9/25/11
then let the docs prescribe it. it also causes serious mental illness
and leads onto harder stuff, I've seen it wreck lives.

jdeluise

Sep 25, 2011, 7:40:40 PM9/25/11

On 25-Sep-2011, Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> then let the docs prescribe it. it also causes serious mental illness
> and leads onto harder stuff, I've seen it wreck lives.

Oh? So you think it's harder than alcohol do you?

Calimero

Sep 26, 2011, 2:08:20 AM9/26/11
> glaucoma and Alzheimer's. ...

LOL, you are even nuttier than I thought ...

Max

Whisper

Sep 26, 2011, 5:13:49 AM9/26/11
Also causes paranoia - which explains your views on 911, moon etc

drew

Sep 26, 2011, 11:23:13 AM9/26/11
On Sep 23, 9:22 pm, Superdave <DaveHazelw...@remail-it.net> wrote:
> Marijuana question sky-rockets to top of new White House petition site

This is probably the answer to America's debt. Imagine the revenue
stream from
legal pot?!

drew

Sep 26, 2011, 11:19:39 AM9/26/11
On Sep 25, 7:24 pm, Iceberg <iceberg.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> then let the docs prescribe it. it also causes serious mental illness
> and leads onto harder stuff, I've seen it wreck lives

It used to wreck my concentration in high school math class. :-)