Djokovic has arrived

tenni...@yahoo.com

Jan 27, 2008, 6:54:56 AM1/27/08
First GS champion other than Fed and Rafa in 3 years.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 6:57:51 AM1/27/08
tenni...@yahoo.com wrote:
> First GS champion other than Fed and Rafa in 3 years.

Gutsy & well deserved victory, though he woulda been fucked had it gone 5.

+ he won't be popular with ozzie fans in future.

Kistedor

Jan 27, 2008, 7:05:33 AM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 7:57 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

Now that Djoke beat Tsonga (who plays like Sampras as you claimed
before), I guess Sampras would have big trouble dominating this era
then...

tenni...@yahoo.com

Jan 27, 2008, 7:05:49 AM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 5:57 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

good to have another serious GS contender in the mix. It is bound to
get interesting from now on.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 7:14:45 AM1/27/08

Yes, whether we hate him or not is a minor issue - main thing is he's no
clown & won't bend over for Roger.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 7:14:00 AM1/27/08

A poor man's Sampras I said. Sampras himself woulda cleaned Djoko 63 62 64

Kistedor

Jan 27, 2008, 7:20:20 AM1/27/08

Links..??

Adam Thirnis

Jan 27, 2008, 7:20:40 AM1/27/08

peak sampras lost to kucera and flip at ao - not to mention andre - so
unlikely

john

Jan 27, 2008, 7:24:18 AM1/27/08

"Whisper" <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

Sampras got clean up by a even less talented Hewitt easily 6,1,1 on his home
turf and
faster USO court. Djoko would clean up Sampras just like Hewitt did.

john

Jan 27, 2008, 7:25:23 AM1/27/08

"Whisper" <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

Give him time after next few defeat at the hand of evil Roger you will go
back and claim him
king of clowns.

David Bonafonte

Jan 27, 2008, 7:36:08 AM1/27/08

"Whisper" wrote:

>>> Gutsy & well deserved victory, though he woulda been fucked had it gone
>>> 5.
>>>
>>> + he won't be popular with ozzie fans in future.
>>
>> Now that Djoke beat Tsonga (who plays like Sampras as you claimed
>> before), I guess Sampras would have big trouble dominating this era
>> then...
>

> A poor man's Sampras I said. Sampras himself woulda cleaned Djoko 63 62
> 64

For once I agree with you, Djoko was nervous in that match and didn't play
at his best level.
I think peak Sampras would have beaten him quite handily.

Jan 27, 2008, 7:39:12 AM1/27/08

I agree that peak Sampras would thump Djoko, but the comparison is
more fair if you compare Sampras at 19 (USO champ) to Djoko now....I'd
take Sampras too, but not as decisively as "peak" Sampras.

-D

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 7:49:39 AM1/27/08

I haven't yet called Djoke a clown - he showed promise & I've given him
small time to prove himself. He has now done it & hopefully the clowns
can learn something from him & even Tipsarevic.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 7:48:21 AM1/27/08

Sampras cleaned Hewitt up in straights in USO semi as an old man so he's
no factor at all.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 7:47:33 AM1/27/08

lol

Let's look at what he won to balance it out.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2008, 7:54:07 AM1/27/08

Peak Pete on HC slam is the perfect player - 8 USO finals, won all 20
night matches etc

We can discuss the next level down - who's better out of peak Federer &
Agassi on HC? How does Djoke's best game stand up to that form?

RuPEDski

Jan 27, 2008, 7:57:03 AM1/27/08

"D" <ftballt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Not really since they're comparing peak Federer. However, I also disagree
with you about Sampras at 19. Remember how he played his final. Absolutely
nerveless, aggressive and sensing Agassi's nerves from the very first stroke
of the first point! I think he wouldn't have given Djoko a chance to even
get going. Maybe Sampras at 20 would fall though, when he was going through
growing pains!

Giovanna

Jan 27, 2008, 8:43:22 AM1/27/08

> + he won't be popular with ozzie fans in future.

why?

john

Jan 27, 2008, 9:12:42 AM1/27/08

"Whisper" <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

You will soon put him into the clown category because from what I have seen
of this final Djokovic is not going to be the next Roger Federer. He has a
good start in winning a slam at 20 but his mental and physical ability will
see him
having similar career to a Courier. He is vastly superior in talent compare
Courier but his mental strength is nothing more than an Ivanisevic type.

ocea

Jan 27, 2008, 9:23:04 AM1/27/08
On 27 ene, 06:54, tennis41...@yahoo.com wrote:
> First GS champion other than Fed and Rafa in 3 years.

Nole will also win the USO this year, mark my words.

ocea

Jan 27, 2008, 9:24:55 AM1/27/08

We need more guys like Djoker and Rafa. No more clowns like Davydenko,
Blake, etc

john

Jan 27, 2008, 9:21:25 AM1/27/08

"Whisper" <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

Sampras was in middle of his peak if we apply the whisperian logic.......

blueskates

Jan 27, 2008, 9:35:19 AM1/27/08

Rafa said Nole would be the next one to challenge Federer, and he was
right.

Patrick Kehoe

Jan 27, 2008, 10:40:21 AM1/27/08

++ Well... Mr. Fitness better hope for all night matches... :)

Dave Hazelwood

Jan 27, 2008, 7:19:08 PM1/27/08

I said it long before Rafa. He likes to follow my insight.

greg...@hotmail.com

Jan 27, 2008, 7:28:40 PM1/27/08

Yes, two AO titles - Fed already has three

bob

Jan 27, 2008, 7:36:20 PM1/27/08

"Whisper" <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

hating him is very good for tennis. people will want to tune in. i kinow i
will. i predicted a young guy fairly athletic with some talent would come
along one day - i mean how many yrs of clowns could we expect?

looks like we got him, like him or not.

bob

google...@yahoo.com

Jan 27, 2008, 8:40:40 PM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 7:48 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Sampras cleaned Hewitt up in straights in USO semi as an old man so he's
> no factor at all.

Sampras also cleaned up Federer in the third exhibition match they
played in Asia. So is Federer "no factor at all" too?

google...@yahoo.com

Jan 27, 2008, 8:42:09 PM1/27/08

And he was a REALLY old man then too!

Whisper

Jan 28, 2008, 12:54:54 AM1/28/08
john wrote:
> "Whisper" <beav...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> I haven't yet called Djoke a clown - he showed promise & I've given him
>> small time to prove himself. He has now done it & hopefully the clowns
>> can learn something from him & even Tipsarevic.
>
> You will soon put him into the clown category because from what I have seen
> of this final Djokovic is not going to be the next Roger Federer. He has a
> good start in winning a slam at 20 but his mental and physical ability will
> see him
> having similar career to a Courier. He is vastly superior in talent compare
> Courier but his mental strength is nothing more than an Ivanisevic type.

A Courier-type career is nothing to be sneezed at.

Whisper

Jan 28, 2008, 12:56:42 AM1/28/08

At this point he may indeed deserve USO favoritism, but 8 mnths is a
long time in tennis - look at how far Tsonga has come in a fortnight.

Whisper

Jan 28, 2008, 3:46:37 AM1/28/08

Yes, Fed has better AO record.

Pete is better at Wimbledon, USO, yr-end No.1, YEC, slams overall, DC.