Who would Federer prefer to see winning the SF match before his?

wkhedr

Sep 7, 2007, 6:41:37 PM9/7/07
I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

Adam Thirnis

Sep 7, 2007, 6:45:47 PM9/7/07
On Sep 7, 11:41 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
> But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

ferrer of course

Lax

Sep 7, 2007, 6:47:06 PM9/7/07
On Sep 7, 6:41 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
> But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

Only a power game? He has a pretty powerful inside out forehand but
he's known for his movement. Ferrer runs everything down.

Ferrer just matches up poorly with Roger. I remember Roger feeding
Ferrer a lot of junk slices in Basel(?). Ferrer doesn't know how to
deal with Roger's variety.

Ferrer won't mind Djokovic's constant baseline topspin bashing.

Sakari Lund

Sep 7, 2007, 6:49:42 PM9/7/07
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:41:37 -0700, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
>But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

I think he should concentrate on Davydenko now.

EFill4Zaggin

Sep 7, 2007, 7:06:18 PM9/7/07
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:41:37 -0700, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
>But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

Definitely Ferrer. Djokovic has beaten Fed on HC and very recently
too.

wkhedr

Sep 7, 2007, 7:13:02 PM9/7/07

I don't think it matters! it was the first tournament after long
vacation, Djok won his two sets in TB's after Federer was serving for
the first, Federer broke him twice in the 2nd set, plus this is a
grand slam and Djok needs to win five sets.
May be Federer will like to have Djok to prove something!!

Patrick Kehoe

Sep 7, 2007, 7:16:23 PM9/7/07
On Sep 7, 3:41 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
> But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

++ He's probably expecting Djokovic to get through but as we all know
has scouted and knows both well, as he's played them both enough
already...

Patrick Kehoe

Sep 7, 2007, 7:20:04 PM9/7/07

++ Ferrer will be chipping and charging at times to get the kid
flustered... they will both be trying to run the other guy... it could
get brutal out there... that's one thing we saw a couple of times in
his last two matches, Djokovic has a temper that can be tapped...
Ferrer will want to test his composure now that the temperature has
been turned up metaphorically and in reality... I can see at least 2
bathroom breaks for Novak on Sat...

Patrick Kehoe

Sep 7, 2007, 7:22:14 PM9/7/07

++ Ya, send the message to the kid NOW, while he's 20... and Novak
will be looking to get inside the head of the great Fed... and stay
there for about 5 years...

Lax

Sep 7, 2007, 7:24:31 PM9/7/07
Newsflash people....

Federer's biggest roadblock to the title is the SEMIFINAL. Denko is
playing much better than Djokovic and Federer owns Ferrer.

Dave Hazelwood

Sep 7, 2007, 7:30:09 PM9/7/07

exactly !

WAY2GOOD

Sep 7, 2007, 7:33:43 PM9/7/07
"Lax" <Lax.C...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Newsflash people....
>
> Federer's biggest roadblock to the title is the SEMIFINAL. Denko is
> playing much better than Djokovic and Federer owns Ferrer.

The only roadblock STINKYDENKO will be is if he falls down on the
court and FED has to step over him.

FED will MASSACRE STINKYDENKO!!!!

WAY2GOOD

Sep 7, 2007, 7:35:06 PM9/7/07
"Dave Hazelwood" <the_big...@mailcity.com> wrote in message

FED will DESTROY STINKYDENKO in STR8s.

6-4, 6-3, 6-0

grif

Sep 7, 2007, 9:10:49 PM9/7/07
I think Fed would want the Djoker to win. For payback reasons.

"wkhedr" <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

RahimAsif

Sep 7, 2007, 9:50:39 PM9/7/07
On Sep 7, 5:41 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
> But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

Foolish question...Of course he would want Ferrer whom he owns. He
might not show it but he is worried about Djokovic - knows that the
Djoker beat him fair and square when he was by his own admission
playing "very well"

Manuel Munoz

Sep 7, 2007, 10:08:43 PM9/7/07
wkhedr a écrit :

> I think Ferrer. Older and only a power game.
> But probably he has no problem facing any of them.

If I was Roger, I would care *a lot* about Davydenko.
French SF was an incredible match, to me way better than the
one versus Roddick in this USO 07.

Then, I would rather have Djokovic.
Just to punish him, as in the AO... When Nole was claiming
that he has his chance in that match before playing, and
that he was to become #1 quite quickly.
Just to let him understand how far he *still* has to go to
become a serious alternative.

That would be the best message for *any* newcomer (or
pretending to be one): "okay kids, you want my rank, you
want slams trophies? Well, let's see how strong you are...
Or I will show you how good I am, no doubt!"

--

Share & Enjoy,

Manolo

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Sep 8, 2007, 5:26:17 PM9/8/07
In article <1189205147....@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
adam.t...@gmail.com (Adam Thirnis) wrote:

> *From:* Adam Thirnis <adam.t...@gmail.com>
> *Date:* Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:45:47 -0700

Disagree. These guys live for the competition. I think Federer wants to
take Djokovic down.

wg