The Goddamned Swinging Volley!!!

blande...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2008, 10:58:57 AM7/6/08
Fuck me!!!!

That stupid shot may have just done you in Roger.

Shakes

Jul 6, 2008, 11:01:49 AM7/6/08
On Jul 6, 7:58 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Fuck me!!!!
>
> That stupid shot may have just done you in Roger.

exactly what i thought. he missed a gimme shot. unbelievable

blande...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2008, 11:04:53 AM7/6/08

In the stupidest way imaginable. That shot is a bastardization and
abomination and should only be used by those with no true volley
skills. I cannot forgive that shot selection.

pedr...@snip.net

Jul 6, 2008, 11:06:37 AM7/6/08

He's generally duffing the big points.

DanRo

Jul 6, 2008, 11:12:26 AM7/6/08
On 6 jul, 11:58, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Fuck me!!!!
>
> That stupid shot may have just done you in Roger.

he should have let the ball bounce

guyan...@yahoo.com

Jul 6, 2008, 11:14:13 AM7/6/08

matter of confidence or the lack of it

blande...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2008, 11:16:01 AM7/6/08

What do you mean let it bounce?! Are you retarded or a just a junior
Western gripper?

blande...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2008, 11:21:13 AM7/6/08

He is getting it handed to him and can't come up with the great shots
with enough frequency. But it is that shot selection on that shot
that I am more disappointed about.

DanRo

Jul 6, 2008, 11:23:26 AM7/6/08

not to hit a swing volley but let it bounce then hit it. my english is
not good and there is no need to insult me.

Jim

Jul 6, 2008, 11:23:30 AM7/6/08
On Jul 6, 10:06 am, pedrod...@snip.net wrote:

I haven't seen it (off tape) in a long time, but in the 81 Wimbledon,
didn't Borg have chances to close sets and breaks, and not put them
away as well? I remember Borg saying he should have been up when he
was actually down.

-D

blande...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2008, 11:26:18 AM7/6/08

The ball was easily set up to punch volley for a putaway. Fed was on
the approach around the service line. Maybe you saw a different
point. This is rst. You are allowed to insult people here.

pedr...@snip.net

Jul 6, 2008, 11:56:08 AM7/6/08

Just another way of duffing. Bad choices, weak execution on 80mph
second serves, glaring at the lines, it's all one.

pedr...@snip.net

Jul 6, 2008, 11:57:58 AM7/6/08

I don't think that was an easy volley. The spin had something to do
with the miss, and it would have complicated a volley. On the other
hand, it would have complicated a groundstroke that far forward.

blande...@hotmail.com

Jul 6, 2008, 12:10:02 PM7/6/08
> second serves, glaring at the lines, it's all one.- Hide quoted text -

Not to me, it isn't. Those others are forcing or choking errors. He
shouldn't even have the swinger in his arsenal or in his head.

number_six

Jul 6, 2008, 12:14:30 PM7/6/08
> hand, it would have complicated a groundstroke that far forward.- Hide quoted text -

I thought he should have played it as a *backhand* volley.