Test -- Please Ignore

Steve Curtis

Apr 1, 2007, 7:30:42 PM4/1/07
Testing a post.

David W

Apr 1, 2007, 10:26:22 PM4/1/07
"Steve Curtis" <iamh...@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:22435-461...@storefull-3177.bay.webtv.net...
> Testing a post.

Use alt.test for testing.

Steve Curtis

Apr 1, 2007, 11:13:47 PM4/1/07
"David W" wrote:

>"Steve Curtis" wrote:

>>Testing a post.

>Use alt.test for testing.

There was a reason for including the phrase: "Please Ignore" in the
header.

David W

Apr 2, 2007, 5:38:56 AM4/2/07
> "David W" wrote:

> >"Steve Curtis" wrote:

> >>Testing a post.

> > see alt.test for testing.

> There was a reason for including the phrase: "Please Ignore" in the
> header.

I don't give a shit what the reason was. This NG is for swimming, not testing.
Now, fuck off.

JJ

Apr 2, 2007, 2:30:01 PM4/2/07
That is TOTALLY over the top , this NG is for swimming not nasty remarks and
foul language. Please play nice, this isn't school playground.

"David W" <n...@email.provided> wrote in message

Mark P

Apr 2, 2007, 6:44:51 PM4/2/07

Holding up a sign that says "Don't look at me" doesn't give you the
right to defecate in a public park. Usenet has groups for testing and
it is generally considered courteous to confine your testings to those
groups. So please, next time you need to make a test post, use one of
those groups.

David W

Apr 2, 2007, 7:07:34 PM4/2/07
"JJ" <Jo...@dontSpamMeAirspeed.co.uk> wrote in message

> That is TOTALLY over the top , this NG is for swimming not nasty remarks and
> foul language. Please play nice, this isn't school playground.

That is ridiculous. Is there something special about swimming that precludes one
ever being 'nasty' in a forum for it? And the use of 'foul' language is an
effective form of expression that has its place. Look around you on USENET and
the web. It's everywhere.

BTW, if you were to do a poll, my guess is that more people would be annoyed by
your top-posting than by my foul language.

David

Steve Curtis

Apr 2, 2007, 8:41:19 PM4/2/07
"David W" wrote:

>"Steve Curtis" wrote:

>>>see alt.test for testing.

>>There was a reason for including the
>>phrase: "Please Ignore" in the header.

>I don't give a shit what the reason was.
>This NG is for swimming, not testing.

>Now, fuck off.

This NG, like many others, has had numerous off-topic posts. Would you
have preferred a header like: "OT: Test -- Please Ignore" to clarify
intent? So, go screw yourself, Bucko!

David W

Apr 2, 2007, 9:53:56 PM4/2/07
"Steve Curtis" <iamh...@webtv.net> wrote in message

No, I'd have preferred not seeing it at all, since it doesn't belong here.

> So, go screw yourself, Bucko!

Ah, impeccable logic. Because there are other off-topic posts, it's okay to post
your own. Do you know what "off topic" means?

Steve Curtis

Apr 2, 2007, 11:12:52 PM4/2/07
"David W" wrote:

>"Steve Curtis" wrote:

>>>I don't give a shit what the reason
>>>was. This NG is for swimming, not
>>>testing.

>>>Now, fuck off.

>>This NG, like many others, has had
>>numerous off-topic posts. Would you
>>have preferred a header like: "OT: Test
>>-- Please Ignore" to clarify intent?

>No, I'd have preferred not seeing it at

>all,...

Yet, you opened the file to read and respond to the post despite the
header's suggestion to "ignore," a suggestion that you yourself ignored.

>...since it doesn't belong here.

Kinda like your post here.

>>So, go screw yourself, Bucko!

>Ah, impeccable logic. Because there are
>other off-topic posts, it's okay to post
>your own. Do you know what "off topic"
>means?

Do you know what "irrelevant" means?

David W

Apr 2, 2007, 11:48:12 PM4/2/07
"David W" wrote:

>> No, I'd have preferred not seeing it at
>> all,...

> Yet, you opened the file to read and respond to the post despite the
> header's suggestion to "ignore," a suggestion that you yourself ignored.

Of course. To tell you to go to alt.test because that's where test posts should
go. Why should I do what your subject line says? If you're annoying, I'm going
to tell you that you're annoying.

Steve Curtis

Apr 3, 2007, 12:14:57 AM4/3/07
"David W" wrote:

>"Steve Curtis" wrote:

>>"David W" wrote:

>>>No, I'd have preferred not seeing it at
>>>all,...

>>Yet, you opened the file to read and
>>respond to the post despite the
>>header's suggestion to "ignore," a
>>suggestion that you yourself ignored.

>Of course. To tell you to go to alt.test
>because that's where test posts should
>go.

Oh really? Where's the usenet rule that stipulates that? Ever read
"test" posts in this and other NGs before? Try googling "test" for this
NG and others and see what you get.

>Why should I do what your subject line
>says?

Never said and/or implied that you had to. Obviously you didn't heed the
suggestion in the subject line, hence your response.

>If you're annoying, I'm going to tell you
>that you're annoying.

Likewise, I'll point out the same about you.

Would you have been more satisfied if the original post were phrased:
"Testing a post -- Gee, that Michael Phelps is one fine swimmer"?

Tony Bryant

Apr 3, 2007, 3:30:55 AM4/3/07
Test posts impose a slight extra load on the network, but nothing like
the load imposed by this pointless discourse.
Message has been deleted