English Premiership 2006/7

The Doctor

May 25, 2006, 6:27:47 PM5/25/06

16) Man C
17) Aston V
18) Everton
19) Man U
20) Liverpool
--
Member - Liberal International
This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Beware Linux the MS Windows of Unix! Demand UseNet an integral part of Internet!

Ice Cream Man

May 25, 2006, 6:33:10 PM5/25/06
> I predict
>
> 1) Arsenal

ah, so objective! ;-)

i certainly wouldn't predict it but i do want it happen.

--
John

The Doctor

May 25, 2006, 6:36:06 PM5/25/06
In article <Ggqdg.40647$Lm5....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,

Recall Fergie's 13 point blowing a lead comment?

Mark V.

May 25, 2006, 6:40:52 PM5/25/06

The Doctor wrote:

<snip>

What's your aggregate red card prediction for each team?

RED DEVIL

May 25, 2006, 8:03:21 PM5/25/06
On Thu, 25 May 2006 22:27:47 +0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
(The Doctor) wrote:

>SO for next PRem we have
>
>Arsenal 1919 -
>Everton 1954 -
>Liverpool 1962 -
>Man U 1975 -
>Tottenhan 1978 -
>Aston Villa 1988 -
>Chelsea 1989 -
>Newcastle 1993 -
>Middlesbrough 1998 -
>Charlton A 2000 -
>Blackburn 2001 -
>Bolton 2001 -
>Fulham 2001 -
>Man C 2002 -
>Portsmouth 2003 -
>West Ham U 2005 -
>Wigan 2005 -
>REading 2006 -
>Sheff U 2006 -
>Watford 2006 -
>
>Avergage 1989.6

Arsenal don't count since they were admitted to the league after
bribing the brass. they were never promoted like the other clubs.

The Doctor

May 25, 2006, 11:01:32 PM5/25/06
In article <echc721jq95snqr55...@4ax.com>,

So where is YOUR criminal record?

pb4u...@yahoo.com

May 25, 2006, 11:08:58 PM5/25/06
The Doctor wrote:
> Arsenal 1919 -
> Everton 1954 -
> Liverpool 1962 -
> Man U 1975 -
> Tottenhan 1978 -
> Aston Villa 1988 -
> Chelsea 1989 -
> Newcastle 1993 -
> Middlesbrough 1998 -
> Charlton A 2000 -
> Blackburn 2001 -
> Bolton 2001 -
> Fulham 2001 -
> Man C 2002 -
> Portsmouth 2003 -
> West Ham U 2005 -
> Wigan 2005 -
> REading 2006 -
> Sheff U 2006 -
> Watford 2006 -

Thanks for putting this up ... interesting to see that all three 2001
entries are entering their sixth season while none of the 2004 entries
lasted more than two. (Have any set of promoted teams *all* been
relegated the following season?)

RED DEVIL

May 25, 2006, 11:32:01 PM5/25/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 03:01:32 +0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
(The Doctor) wrote:

No idea what you are talking about, best have a word with my lawyer if
you suspect I'm a criminal. However I will again point out a fact to
you which you can subquently ignore.

Arsenal were never promoted.

RED DEVIL

May 25, 2006, 11:40:46 PM5/25/06

here you go doc

This is how Arsenal got into the top division last time...

Promotion back to the 1st division was engineered by the colourful
Sir Henry under somewhat contentious circumstances when the Football
League resumed in 1919, and Arsenal has not been relegated since, thus
holding the record for unbroken tenure in the top division of English
football. The incident remains the source of rancour with local rivals
Tottenham, along with the earlier move when Arsenal were seen as
invading their new neighbours' north London fiefdom. Spurs had
finished the 1915 season at the bottom of the 1st division, but after
the war the league was expanded to include an extra 2 teams in
division 1, so Tottenham expected to stay up after the top 2 teams in
Division 2 were promoted. However, Norris somehow managed to get
Arsenal elected in their place, and elements of the Tottenham support
have nursed a grievance ever since.

Elected...not promoted...and there are many stories of the corruption
and bribery that have surrounded this transaction ever since.

Robbie

May 26, 2006, 6:31:31 AM5/26/06
On Thu, 25 May 2006 20:03:21 -0400, RED DEVIL
<REDD...@xxxbellsouth.net> wrote:

>Arsenal don't count since they were admitted to the league after
>bribing the brass. they were never promoted like the other clubs.

Makes no difference unless you want it to. So should we take them off
the list? Better still, pretend they don't exist and then that would
mean YOUR club doesn't exist in the table either unless playing no
team gives you winning points.

Robbie

May 26, 2006, 6:34:08 AM5/26/06
On Thu, 25 May 2006 23:40:46 -0400, RED DEVIL
<REDD...@xxxbellsouth.net> wrote:

>Elected...not promoted...and there are many stories of the corruption
>and bribery that have surrounded this transaction ever since.

The table shows:

'the record for unbroken tenure in the top division of English
football.' No details of promotions or relegations are required.

The Doctor

May 26, 2006, 9:05:25 AM5/26/06
In article <1148612938....@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

What I can do Is do a similar picture for the championship.

Also has the FL1 to Champs been played?

The Doctor

May 26, 2006, 9:06:00 AM5/26/06
In article <ritc72hqqpg6pr37r...@4ax.com>,

Check the rsssf divisinal movmeent Criminal!

Mike Hall

May 26, 2006, 10:46:30 AM5/26/06
Robbie wrote:
> RED DEVIL wrote:

>>Arsenal don't count since they were admitted to the league after
>>bribing the brass. they were never promoted like the other clubs.

> Makes no difference unless you want it to. So should we take them off
> the list? Better still, pretend they don't exist and then that would
> mean YOUR club doesn't exist in the table either unless playing no
> team gives you winning points.

My mum said that pretending Arsenal doesn't exist is very childish.

Mike Hall

pb4u...@yahoo.com

May 26, 2006, 10:58:32 AM5/26/06
The Doctor wrote:
> What I can do Is do a similar picture for the championship.
>
> Also has the FL1 to Champs been played?

No, it's Swansea-Barnsley tomorrow.

RED DEVIL

May 26, 2006, 11:22:44 AM5/26/06

yea, take em off the list an relegate them to the lower divsion. let
them earn promotion like everyone else.

:-)

Mikado

May 26, 2006, 11:51:37 AM5/26/06
Arsenal 1...snigger...

Robbie

May 26, 2006, 11:55:03 AM5/26/06

:)))

Robbie

May 26, 2006, 11:55:56 AM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 11:22:44 -0400, RED DEVIL
<REDD...@xxxbellsouth.net> wrote:

>yea, take em off the list an relegate them to the lower divsion. let
>them earn promotion like everyone else.
>
>:-)

You've been taking The Doctor's pills.

The Doctor