Unofficial RSS Player of the Season - Results

1 view

milivella

Jul 24, 2007, 9:48:48 AM7/24/07
I'm glad to proclaim the Unofficial RSS Players of the Season 2006-07 (13
voters):
Goalkeeper: Cech
Defenders: Daniel Alves, Vidic
Midfileder: Kaka
Forward: Van Nistelrooy
Overall: Kaka

Other positions but first are not completely meangingful, i.e. it's not
sure that the second midfielder is the second best midfielder for the RSS
collective mind; but here are the results:

Goalkeeper
7 Cech
1 Abbondanzieri, Casillas, Foster, Palop, Schwarzer

Defender
3 Daniel Alves, Vidic
2 Carragher, Finnan
1 Abidal, Gallas, Ramos, Terry

Midfielder
7 Kaka
3 Cristiano Ronaldo
1 Diego, Essien, Riquelme, Scholes

9 Van Nistelrooy
3 Drogba
1 Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Tevez, Totti

Overall
8 Kaka
3 Cristiano Ronaldo
1 Essien, Van Nistelrooy

---

My personal comments:

- I've not considered Cech, because he played only 20 league matches.

- There wasn't agreement about defenders: you can't judge them from goals
scored, they are less famous.

- As usual in such polls, an offensive player was judged the best overall.
I too have voted Kaka, but in other seasons I would prefer a defender or a
non-offensive midfielder.

- I keep my opinion: a seasonal (not annual) award is more meaningful, at
least for European soccer.

milivella

James Farrar

Jul 25, 2007, 11:35:28 AM7/25/07
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:48:48 +0200, milivella <mili...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm glad to proclaim the Unofficial RSS Players of the Season 2006-07 (13
>voters):
>Goalkeeper: Cech

Did Stephen Hunt ever get his Premiership medal?