Ultimate All-Time All-World Team

p.bachmu

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

Here is the ultimate all-time all-world squad:

(1) Pele (Brazil) F
(2) Maradona (Argentina) F
(3) Cruyff (Holland) F
(4) ? tie between many - please send me your choice here (F) F
(5) Platini (France) Mid
(6) Haji (Romania) Left Mid
(7) Stoichkov (Bulgaria) Right Mid
(8) Branco (Brazil) Left Back
(9) Beckenbauer (Germany) Right Back
(10) Barisi (Italy) Sweeper
(11) tie Zoff (Italy) & Shilton (England) Goal

Doug Luo

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

p.bachmu (p.ba...@access.texas.gov) wrote:
: Here is the ultimate all-time all-world squad:

: (1) Pele (Brazil) F
: (2) Maradona (Argentina)

it's better to play him as a midfeilder

: (3) Cruyff (Holland) F

: (4) ? tie between many - please send me your choice here (F) F
: (5) Platini (France) Mid

: (6) Haji (Romania) Left Mid
: (7) Stoichkov (Bulgaria) Right Mid
: (8) Branco (Brazil) Left Back

these 3 should not be on this team

: (9) Beckenbauer (Germany) Right Back
: (10) Barisi (Italy

Passarella or Junior would be a better sweeper.

: (11) tie Zoff (Italy) & Shilton (England) Goal

What happened to Yashin and Banks?

Snaps

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

p.ba...@access.texas.gov (p.bachmu) wrote:

>Here is the ultimate all-time all-world squad:

>(1) Pele (Brazil) F
>(2) Maradona (Argentina) F

>(3) Cruyff (Holland) F
>(4) ? tie between many - please send me your choice here (F) F
>(5) Platini (France) Mid
>(6) Haji (Romania) Left Mid
>(7) Stoichkov (Bulgaria) Right Mid
>(8) Branco (Brazil) Left Back

>(9) Beckenbauer (Germany) Right Back

>(10) Barisi (Italy) Sweeper

>(11) tie Zoff (Italy) & Shilton (England) Goal

Hagi? Stoichkov?? Branco??? I admit these players were (are) good -
but maybe USA 94 is playing too heavily in your equation.
Beckenbauer would be the obvious sweeper - not Baresi. The goalkeeping
place would have to go to Banks.

Rory Campbell

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

In article <4ppa1f$j...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, p.ba...@access.texas.gov (p.bachmu) writes:
|> Here is the ultimate all-time all-world squad:
|>
|> (1) Pele (Brazil) F
|> (2) Maradona (Argentina) F
|> (3) Cruyff (Holland) F
|> (4) ? tie between many - please send me your choice here (F) F
|> (5) Platini (France) Mid
|> (6) Haji (Romania) Left Mid
|> (7) Stoichkov (Bulgaria) Right Mid
|> (8) Branco (Brazil) Left Back
|> (9) Beckenbauer (Germany) Right Back
|> (10) Barisi (Italy) Sweeper
|> (11) tie Zoff (Italy) & Shilton (England) Goal

OK, they're all great players, but as a team they'd be absolutely
belted by any reasonably balanced national squad. A team with 2
backs and 4 forwards???

-Rory

Claude Thau

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

In <1996Jun1...@alpha.maths.unsw.EDU.AU>
It is true that the fourth forward should a back named Maldini to
balnce the squad. I also think that you should move Cruyff/Maradona or
even Pele back to midfielder instead of Stoichkov. Stoichkov is a
natural cherry-picker/striker and isn't the playmaker that the other
three are. You want your midfielders to be the better playmakers.