The power of this newsgroup (Nostradamus related)

Alexandre

Jun 21, 2006, 10:12:28 AM6/21/06

A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group. Now this
"prediction" is all over the spanish media. All the top radio stations
and papers in the country are actually reading what it was originally
my post as something factual, something that Nostradamus actually
wrote. Of course the origin of this "quatraine" must have been lost a
long time ago from people taking my original post and pasting it
somewhere else.

I keep laughing my ass off every time I hear or see my post taken as
something real that Nostradamus said. It's just an example of how easy
is to deceive the general public ( I did make clear that the prediction
was a fake in my post) and how anything that is posted in this newsgoup
can actually reach the general media.

By the way, Wenger signed a contact with Real Madrid candidate Villar
Mir five days ago in Paris. He won't be forced to admit to it unless
Villar Mir wins the election just like in the case of Figo and Perez
but it is a done deal. I don't think that Villar Mir will win the
elections though.

Aegis

Jun 21, 2006, 10:16:09 AM6/21/06

"Alexandre" <totalt...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1150899148.8...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

> A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
> prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group. Now this
> "prediction" is all over the spanish media. All the top radio stations
> and papers in the country are actually reading what it was originally
> my post as something factual, something that Nostradamus actually
> wrote. Of course the origin of this "quatraine" must have been lost a
> long time ago from people taking my original post and pasting it
> somewhere else.

I have seen it translated in french in my local newspaper too.

Equipo Partido

Jun 21, 2006, 10:35:48 AM6/21/06

Alexandre wrote:
> A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
> prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group. Now this
> "prediction" is all over the spanish media. All the top radio stations
> and papers in the country are actually reading what it was originally
> my post as something factual, something that Nostradamus actually
> wrote. Of course the origin of this "quatraine" must have been lost a
> long time ago from people taking my original post and pasting it
> somewhere else.
>
> I keep laughing my ass off every time I hear or see my post taken as
> something real that Nostradamus said. It's just an example of how easy
> is to deceive the general public ( I did make clear that the prediction
> was a fake in my post) and how anything that is posted in this newsgoup
> can actually reach the general media.

This is so funny. Here is a link to keep a watch on "developing
stories"
http://tinyurl.com/frays

A German newssite quotes a Spanish site that quotes you.
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2063104,00.html

ROTFL!

Equipo Partido

Jun 21, 2006, 11:13:23 AM6/21/06

Alexandre wrote:
> A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
> prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group.

Many bloggers believe it too :)

http://tinyurl.com/kkupz

Thanks for tha laughs. I wonder what will happen if Spain does win the
World cup in the seventh month of 2006.

Alessandro Riolo

Jun 21, 2006, 12:21:26 PM6/21/06
Equipo Partido wrote:
> I wonder what will happen if Spain does win the
> World cup in the seventh month of 2006.

Alexandre will start its own forecasting and prediction business :-))

--
ale
www.riolo.org

steve d

Jun 21, 2006, 12:50:16 PM6/21/06
Alexandre wrote:

> A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
> prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group.

I love this Alexandre - deserves a special place in the Best of RSS.
Here's the original thread:

http://tinyurl.com/rpkzn

steve d

Alexandre

Jun 21, 2006, 2:17:07 PM6/21/06

If Spain wins the WC, this thing will hit tv. There will be panel of
"experts" discussing how accurate "Nostradamus" is with his predictions
yet again.

I don't know if you are from Spain but my post has already been read
twice in "El Larguero", the largest sports radio program in Spain with
an average audience of 1.5 million nightly and in "el Carrusel" another
mega sports program in the afternoon. It's just that the poor kids
actually believe they are reading Nostradamus not me.

A. Taubrig

Jun 21, 2006, 3:27:52 PM6/21/06
Alexandre wrote:

> I don't know if you are from Spain but my post has already been read
> twice in "El Larguero", the largest sports radio program in Spain with
> an average audience of 1.5 million nightly and in "el Carrusel" another
> mega sports program in the afternoon. It's just that the poor kids
> actually believe they are reading Nostradamus not me.

Damn fine work. Looking forward to you hitting the big-time with an
entry at snopes.com

When I worked at a ski resort, once in a while I'd tell a couple
employees that <insert random big celebrity> was skiing that week. By
the time it came back to me there were dozens of reports of sightings
by the lifties. None of the celebrities were even on the same continent
at the time. ~Ann

manu...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2006, 7:07:49 AM6/23/06
Hi!

I'm from Spain and I found the Nostradamus topic last week in the
Internet. I supposed it was totally fake, but (as in the X-files), we
want to believe. We need to believe, so we irresponsibly want to
believe in your white lie. Anyway, our media shouldn't spread those
kind of missinformations. We don't deserve such bad radios and
newspapers in our country, (do we?)...

Thanks for building hopes!
Go Spain!

Juan Vazquez

Jun 24, 2006, 6:14:24 AM6/24/06

"Alexandre" <totalt...@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje

> A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
> prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group. Now this
> "prediction" is all over the spanish media. All the top radio stations
> and papers in the country are actually reading what it was originally
> my post as something factual, something that Nostradamus actually
> wrote. Of course the origin of this "quatraine" must have been lost a
> long time ago from people taking my original post and pasting it
> somewhere else.

I don't know what you are taking about. I went to look into my edition of
Les Propheties, inherited from my Corsican great-grand father (Garencières,
32, Rue de l'Hospital, Montpellier, 1672) and I found in the seventh
Century, quatrain 42, the following:
"quand 2006 est de six mois au-dessus du roi de l'Espagne croise les
Pyrénées avec son armée. Les légions de Belzebu attendent la bataille dans
les plaines de l'Europe centrale. La destruction et la défaite tombe sur la
mauvaise. Le Graal Saint revient avec le roi triomphant à Hispania."
Obviously you have an anti-Spanish bias, particularly now that la Furia has
become one of the favourites.

Juan Vazquez

Emma

Jun 28, 2006, 1:36:28 AM6/28/06

You're a big lier. 4th century, quatrain 42 says:
42
Two newly arrived have seized the poison,
to pour it in the kitchen of the great Prince.
By the scullion both are caught in the act,
taken he who thought to trouble the elder with death.

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/nosearch.htm

And don't try to say there's a conspiration against Spain, because I'm
spanish.

Lone Ranger

Jul 3, 2006, 5:38:58 PM7/3/06
On 21 Jun 2006 07:12:28 -0700, "Alexandre" <totalt...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
>prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group. Now this
>"prediction" is all over the spanish media. All the top radio stations
>and papers in the country are actually reading what it was originally
>my post as something factual, something that Nostradamus actually
>wrote. Of course the origin of this "quatraine" must have been lost a
>long time ago from people taking my original post and pasting it
>somewhere else.
>
>I keep laughing my ass off every time I hear or see my post taken as
>something real that Nostradamus said. It's just an example of how easy
>is to deceive the general public ( I did make clear that the prediction
>was a fake in my post) and how anything that is posted in this newsgoup
>can actually reach the general media.

http://tinyurl.com/rpkzn

So what is the Spanish media doing now? Are they saying that
Nostradamus was wrong?

--
Hi-Yo, Silver! Away!
--

The Curse of Tecumseh
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.htm

Message has been deleted

Maj_Hoople

Jul 3, 2006, 7:02:22 PM7/3/06

Must've been a slow news day.

John Lemke

Jul 3, 2006, 7:13:14 PM7/3/06
So what, did Spain win the World Cup or something? :-)

"Lone Ranger" <snowba...@bigfoot.com.spamalamadingdong> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

kmiller

Jul 4, 2006, 2:13:48 AM7/4/06
And Brazil was the 'Runner-Up' Team for 2006 'RIGHT'.

What kind of a wierd "Time Warp" is this POST ???

I see this as nothing more than a Bunch Of 'Loonies' !!!

But, then again, Who Am I To Judge. [This is my new persona for the
remainder of 2006.]

8< |

John Lemke

Jul 4, 2006, 2:14:04 PM7/4/06

<symbi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> John Lemke wrote:
>> So what, did Spain win the World Cup or something? :-)
>
> Yes.
>
> Best,
>
> SMT

Wow, there is something to this Nostradamus. What a fellow.

Best back.............

Alexandre

Jul 6, 2006, 10:44:46 AM7/6/06

Lone Ranger ha escrito:

Nothing. They just had the balls to broadcast my quatrain on all major
tv news programs before the match against France and some of them even
did it with a Nostradamus book in their hands as if it was actually in
the book. I can't believe that in a planet of 6 billion people nobody
actually bothered to check if it was real or not. The bigger the lie
the easier it is to believe. I can't only imagine what kind of bullshit
we are feed with everyday if they can take a silly post in an internet
newsgroup and make it hard news.

Message has been deleted

Alexandre

Jul 6, 2006, 11:44:50 AM7/6/06

symbi...@yahoo.com ha escrito:

> Tenemos prensa, Alexandre, tenemos prensa, que es como quien dice...
> tenemos gobierno. Hay que reírse.
>
> Saludos,
>
> MT

No, creeme. Yo me he reido mas que nadie.

Equipo Partido

Jul 6, 2006, 11:46:28 AM7/6/06

Alexandre wrote:

> Nothing. They just had the balls to broadcast my quatrain on all major
> tv news programs before the match against France and some of them even
> did it with a Nostradamus book in their hands as if it was actually in
> the book. I can't believe that in a planet of 6 billion people nobody
> actually bothered to check if it was real or not. The bigger the lie
> the easier it is to believe. I can't only imagine what kind of bullshit
> we are feed with everyday if they can take a silly post in an internet
> newsgroup and make it hard news.

Wow so it made it to the TV much before than expected. I hope you have
a recording of that. It would be incredibly funny. An RSS gem.

Alexandre

Jul 6, 2006, 12:05:02 PM7/6/06

Equipo Partido ha escrito:

It reached the whole world. I've got the quatraine translated in hindi
from some Indian newspaper. It's kind of crazy. Probably I'll post
something in YouTube.

Equipo Partido

Jul 6, 2006, 12:14:22 PM7/6/06

Since you mentioned it, I found at least three Indian sites that have
it. Unfortunately, all of them give credit to Spanish Media. A real
good find would be some site that treats it as if they found it (like
Spanish media :) )

http://specials.rediff.com/sports/2006/jun/29wc-fan2.htm
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1037805
http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=305119&sid=SPO&ssid=90

It would be interesting to hear what Spanish players thought of it.
They must have surely heard it.

Message has been deleted

Alexandre

Jul 6, 2006, 12:45:27 PM7/6/06

symbi...@yahoo.com ha escrito:

> It looks like you are now the very well known author of an urban
> legend. That's not very common. Sorry, got to go. The baby crocodiles
> are beginning to come out of the toilet for their daily feeding...
>
> Best,
>
> SMT

Well it was beautiful while it lasted. Now it's time for somebody else
to post some crap in this group and make it show on tv. Let the good
times roll.

John Lemke

Jul 6, 2006, 6:41:12 PM7/6/06

"Alexandre" <totalt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Lone Ranger ha escrito:

>> So what is the Spanish media doing now? Are they saying that
>> Nostradamus was wrong?
>

> Nothing. They just had the balls to broadcast my quatrain on all major
> tv news programs before the match against France and some of them even
> did it with a Nostradamus book in their hands as if it was actually in
> the book. I can't believe that in a planet of 6 billion people nobody
> actually bothered to check if it was real or not.

Sounds like the American press before the Iraq invasion.

>The bigger the lie
> the easier it is to believe.

Sounds like the White House befor the Iraq invasion.
.

>I can't only imagine what kind of bullshit
> we are feed with everyday if they can take a silly post in an internet
> newsgroup and make it hard news.

I'm guessing Bush will mention the Spanish championship in the next State of
the Union speech.

Lone Ranger

Jul 10, 2006, 1:37:33 PM7/10/06
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:41:12 -0400, "John Lemke"
<jfl...@locallink.net> wrote:

>>> So what is the Spanish media doing now? Are they saying that
>>> Nostradamus was wrong?
>>

>> Nothing. They just had the balls to broadcast my quatrain on all major
>> tv news programs before the match against France and some of them even
>> did it with a Nostradamus book in their hands as if it was actually in
>> the book. I can't believe that in a planet of 6 billion people nobody
>> actually bothered to check if it was real or not.
>
>Sounds like the American press before the Iraq invasion.
>

>>The bigger the lie the easier it is to believe.
>

>Sounds like the White House befor the Iraq invasion.
>.
>
>>I can't only imagine what kind of bullshit
>> we are feed with everyday if they can take a silly post in an internet
>> newsgroup and make it hard news.
>

>I'm guessing Bush will mention the Spanish championship in the next State
>of the Union speech.

Maybe somebody could make up another "Nostradamus quatrain"
and mail it to Fox News or some other media outlet. Or better yet,
start a rumor in a blog that Nostradamus wrote about Bush as "the
liberator of Iraq". Who knows, maybe Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh
will pick it up and mention it on their shows. :-)

turi...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2013, 7:15:15 PM12/8/13
Google or read "Nostradamus’ Curse Against All Charlatans dr.turi" http://www.drturi.com/nostradamus-curse-against-all-charlatans/

On Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:12:28 AM UTC-7, Alexandre wrote:
> A few months ago I invented and posted a totally fake "Nostradamus
> prediction" about Spain winning the World Cup in this group. Now this
> "prediction" is all over the spanish media. All the top radio stations
> and papers in the country are actually reading what it was originally
> my post as something factual, something that Nostradamus actually
> wrote. Of course the origin of this "quatraine" must have been lost a
> long time ago from people taking my original post and pasting it
> somewhere else.
>
> I keep laughing my ass off every time I hear or see my post taken as
> something real that Nostradamus said. It's just an example of how easy
> is to deceive the general public ( I did make clear that the prediction
> was a fake in my post) and how anything that is posted in this newsgoup
> can actually reach the general media.
>
> By the way, Wenger signed a contact with Real Madrid candidate Villar
> Mir five days ago in Paris. He won't be forced to admit to it unless
> Villar Mir wins the election just like in the case of Figo and Perez
> but it is a done deal. I don't think that Villar Mir will win the
> elections though.

turi...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2013, 7:15:29 PM12/8/13

turi...@gmail.com