NWA / WCW Wrestling syndication listings 1975 - 2001

tmc...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 2:36:08 AM5/3/17
http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?701922-NWA-WCW-Wrestling-syndication-listings-1975-2001

What stations carried NWA / WCW programming such as WorldWide, Pro and the syndication version of Main Event?

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 3, 2017, 8:24:50 AM5/3/17
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 2:36:08 AM UTC-4, tmc...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?701922-NWA-WCW-Wrestling-syndication-listings-1975-2001
>
> What stations carried NWA / WCW programming such as WorldWide, Pro and the syndication version of Main Event?

Best as I can figure:

Main Event was a TBS production.

Worldwide was syndicated, mostly in the South. Penetrated the Northeast for a time in the 80's & 90's.

NWA Pro was, I think, syndicated, as well.

The Chad

May 3, 2017, 7:01:23 PM5/3/17
NWA/WCW Pro was the early Saturday TBS show that started as a Mid-South/
UWF show during the time when the WWF controlled World Championship
Wrestling.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 4, 2017, 9:16:01 AM5/4/17
During the McMahon-TBS era, Ole Anderson claimed the morning slot with Championship Wrestling From Georgia. NWA Pro came after that, late 80's, after Mid South/UWF was bought out by Jim Crockett. They tried the Power Hour in prime time on Fridays, usually after Braves games, then replayed on Saturday mornings.

jmfabi...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 3:23:24 PM5/4/17
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 2:36:08 AM UTC-4, tmc...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?701922-NWA-WCW-Wrestling-syndication-listings-1975-2001
>
> What stations carried NWA / WCW programming such as WorldWide, Pro and the syndication version of Main Event?

A non-troll post for once:

Off the top of my head, I remember Worldwide being seen on CTN (New Jersey area cable channel) and WPIX and/or WNYW in the New York market. By the 90s it was on WCBS, then the later 90s, WWOR-TV or UPN 9.

I want to say Pro was on WPIX as well? So was the Crockett version of the UWF.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 4, 2017, 3:39:27 PM5/4/17
And you'd be right about Pro being on 'PIX, back when it was JR & Paul E. Dangerously (Heyman) hosting. Around '91, I want to say.

%

May 4, 2017, 3:51:28 PM5/4/17
maple leaf wrestling was the best and the nwa

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 4, 2017, 6:49:25 PM5/4/17
WPIX had UWF for a short time in late 87, when Crockett shut down UWF, it was replaced by NWA/WCW Worldwide. That lasted until 1990, when the localized version of Pro, WCW Pro New York, aired on 11 at 9am. In 1991, it moved to WCBS, but didn't last long, was replaced by the national version of Pro in October of 1991, then in February 1992, Worldwide replaced Pro on 2. The show moved to WWOR UPN 9 (which for years had been the home of rival WWF) in late 1996. WNYW never had WCW, they always aired WWF.

In Jacksonville, Florida, Main Event aired at 9am Saturdays, followed by Worldwide at 10am on then-indy WNFT 47 (now CBS affiliate WJAX) since the 80s, continued to air in that slot when the station became a UPN affiliate in 1995. Then-ABC affiliate WJKS 17 (now CW affiliate WCWJ; some irony with the call letters there) had Pro in the early 1990s at 12 noon on Sundays, followed by WWF Superstars at 1pm for a time during the 1990-91 season (rare occurance of WCW and WWF airing on the same station, back to back).

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 4, 2017, 6:51:26 PM5/4/17
And on a lighter note: I'm the Zach Horan of pro wrestling knowledge. Fortunately, I don't use that knowledge for evil.

MrL0bstr

May 4, 2017, 8:27:16 PM5/4/17
James Fabiano, you may answer the question, as can the rest of the trolls on ATGS. You, Fenner, on the other hand, shut up, you fucking jew ass nigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, as for WCW on TV. We had WCW Pro Chicago on WGN-TV in Chicago, I still got to watch the show even after I moved out of Chicago thanks to the cable company carrying WGN.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 5, 2017, 9:23:09 AM5/5/17
John:

I have no memory of UWF being on 'PIX. They did have the following:

Pro Wrestling USA.
AWA All-Star Wrestling.
The original GLOW.
NWA Worldwide, then NWA Pro.

They were long out of the wrestling business by the time WPIX left my cable system.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 5, 2017, 9:24:09 AM5/5/17
Funny thing. Maple Leaf Wrestling was, actually, Canadian replays of WWF Superstars of Wrestling. In Canada, Wrestling Challenge became WWF Cavalcade. I wonder why that is. %, can you fill in the blanks?

The Chad

May 5, 2017, 7:40:56 PM5/5/17
Not before about 1985.

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 5, 2017, 10:45:24 PM5/5/17
I don't remember Pro Wrestling USA or AWA on channel 11, I do remember AWA on ESPN, though. They carried UWF for a brief time on 'PIX in 1987, but this was after Crockett purchased the company. It was one of those highlight shows much like WWF's Prime Time Wrestling, with Jim Ross and Magnum TA sitting behind a desk, they were showing both UWF and NWA matches, I believe the name of the show was "TWN (The Wrestling Network)". When the UWF name went defunct, they replaced it with Worldwide. Both shows came on after the Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino hosted Pro Wrestling this Week, which was basically PWI on TV.

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 5, 2017, 10:50:00 PM5/5/17
And to your second point: Yeah, after WCW moved to 2, 11 didn't air any wrestling again for another 7 years, when they picked up a local version of WWF Shotgun called "WWF New York," airing late at night on Saturdays. They had that for about a year before dropping it, afterwards, the only way to get what became Metal and Jakked was if you picked up WLNY (55). WWE would return to PIX in 2006, but that was only because they're an affiliate of The CW, which inherited SmackDown after the UPN/WB merger, so I don't know if that would count.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2017, 6:40:52 AM5/6/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 10:45:24 PM UTC-4, John Fenner, King of Kings wrote:
> I don't remember Pro Wrestling USA or AWA on channel 11, I do remember AWA on ESPN, though. They carried UWF for a brief time on 'PIX in 1987, but this was after Crockett purchased the company. It was one of those highlight shows much like WWF's Prime Time Wrestling, with Jim Ross and Magnum TA sitting behind a desk, they were showing both UWF and NWA matches, I believe the name of the show was "TWN (The Wrestling Network)". When the UWF name went defunct, they replaced it with Worldwide. Both shows came on after the Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino hosted Pro Wrestling this Week, which was basically PWI on TV.

I do remember Pro Wrestling This Week, with Joe Pedicino & Boni Blackstone. The Wrestling Network was actually a segment of one of the NWA shows, with Gordon Solie.

Shotgun Saturday Night, meanwhile, didn't air on 'PIX, as memory serves. Another NYC station had the rights.

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 7, 2017, 12:05:55 AM5/7/17
You're referring to Wrestling News Network, which Gordon hosted as part of NWA/WCW Power Hour in its early years. TWN was a combined UWF/NWA show. When Crockett folded the UWF, any stations that had the rights to that show automatically acquired the rights to NWA Worldwide, as long as the show was either not airing in the market at all (as was the case with New York).

Shotgun aired on 'PIX at 2am every Saturday Night during the 1998-99 season, but it went under the name "WWF New York," with Michael Cole and Vince Russo (Yes, THAT Vince Russo) on commentary. Whereas WCW Pro New York featured Ross and Heyman in a studio, Cole and Russo did commentary at ringside (much like WGN's WCW Pro Chicago). It previously aired on WPXN 31 at 11am during the 1997-98 season. It aired as Shotgun on WLNY 55 at 11pm, but 31 and later 11 got away with airing it under its altered name being that 55's over the air signal does not reach the city itself.

MrL0bstr

May 7, 2017, 1:48:39 AM5/7/17
This thread is officially ruined, due to the involvement of a Nazi (hobbyfan) and a Jew nigger (Fenner).

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2017, 12:44:15 PM5/7/17
That's because WLNY is a Long Island channel. Hmmmm. 2 am for WWF NY (Shotgun). No wonder I never saw it. I was sleeping at the time. Didn't get an affiliate in upstate NY that I know of, and if it did, it was probably also at 2 am or later.

John, MrL0bstr hates us both. You have any idea who this punk is?

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 7, 2017, 11:43:55 PM5/7/17
WLNY has been promoting itself as a NYC station over the past few years since CBS purchased it, even going as far as sharing primary studios with sister station WCBS in Manhattan. Most cable systems in the NYC market (including as far south as Ocean County, NJ and several cable systems in Connecticut) carry WLNY as a NYC station. They still have the studios on Long Island, but that's now used for WCBS' and WLNY's Long Island news bureau. I think WPIX was trying to go back to the old days of wrestling, when WWF was airing late at night throughout the 70s and early 80s on WOR channel 9.

> John, MrL0bstr hates us both. You have any idea who this punk is?

I have no idea who he is, but I can tell you that his trolling is nothing but recycled material. A troll named Grant Bartram started the trend of calling me the N word (I am white, for the record) as far back as 2002. All of L0bstr's garbage was started on alt.tv.game-shows in the early 2000s, and carries on to the present day. "Celebrity Bucket Kickers" is the freshest material, started in 2012 on YouTube by a fellow Jersey native of mine named Zach Horan, who is nothing more than a sexually frustrated and uncaring piece of shit who uses his autism as an excuse for his trolling.

MrL0bstr

May 8, 2017, 12:02:54 AM5/8/17
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 11:43:55 PM UTC-4, John Fenner, King of Jew Niggers wrote:

"Celebrity Bucket Kickers" is the freshest material, started in 2012 on YouTube by a fellow Jersey native of mine named Zach Horan, who is nothing more than a sexually frustrated and uncaring piece of shit who uses his autism as an excuse for his trolling.

Zach happens to be the Elder Statesman of trolling on ATGS. You and your buddies slander him, calling his gentleman-like gestures towards Jeopardy champions "stalking," "creepy," etc. Next time you want to call someone a piece of shit, look in the mirror, you black piece of ghetto trash!

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2017, 9:41:50 AM5/8/17
I mark just about everything L0bstr says as spam because he is a world class jerk. Too lazy to get a job. How could he and that other moron Horan mistake you for an African-American, anyway?

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 8, 2017, 8:35:53 PM5/8/17
Horan never personally attacked me, I have to admit. But his bullshit is enough for me not to think too highly of him. He was one of the first trolls of alt.tv.game-shows, dating back to 1996, and still trolling wherever he can to this day. He started out with harmless material, and then started getting more and more tasteless as the years wore on (examples: Celebrity Bucket Kickers, stalking female Jeopardy! contestants and making them feel uncomfortable when he contacts them online). L0bstr just steals material from him and other trolls.

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 8, 2017, 8:49:28 PM5/8/17
Here's an example of Zach's trolling that L0bstr stole, this is how Zach makes female J! contestants uncomfortable.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/6UnsBT7jch4/ixjth0oJAwAJ;context-place=topic/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/5oIzp2L_Mes

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2017, 9:03:31 PM5/8/17
It's too bad there isn't anyone that can toss punks like L0bstr off the groups permanently. The spam reports are piling up on that loser.

MrL0bstr

May 8, 2017, 9:31:23 PM5/8/17
Loser, huh? Well guess what hobby? I'm about to be a gentleman to Alexa Bliss for winning her match tonight! Stay tuned, punk!

John Fenner, King of Kings

May 10, 2017, 2:41:27 AM5/10/17
Sadly, you're right. Back when I was a regular on alt.tv.game-shows, me and many others on that group reported the trolls to their ISPs. Although the rules clearly state that trolling is forbidden, they ignored such complaints, as long as death threats weren't being made, because all they want is their $$$$$$.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 10, 2017, 9:43:03 AM5/10/17
Let's face it, John, L0bstr's act is so stale & moldy, bacteria is on strike in protest. There needs to be a moderator who knows what he's doing to throw L0bstr off Google Groups permanently.

MrL0bstr

May 10, 2017, 3:17:40 PM5/10/17
Or they can leave it as is and leave us trolls the fuck alone and let us have our fun.